[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You think isekai is going to be like harem series A permanent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

File: Musume-Cast.png (303KB, 600x340px) Image search: [Google]
Musume-Cast.png
303KB, 600x340px
You think isekai is going to be like harem series
A permanent fixture in anime and Manga that never quite goes away?
>>
>>153900925
How many harem series do we have this season?
>>
>>153900925
>You think isekai is going to be like harem series
Isekai had always been around. What did you think Escaflowne was? There had been an endless number of Earth protagonists being sent to other worlds before. It isn't going to go away if it was always here.
>>
>>153901369
I think OP means rpg mechanic ones.
>>
>>153901369
I don't know what you call it then
The kind that zero no tsukaima a started
>>
Hope not.
>>
>>153900925
Has any genre become extinct in anime and manga anyway?
>>
>>153901573
Banchou
>>
>>153901573
cowboy bebop
>>
File: banchou.jpg (823KB, 800x2240px) Image search: [Google]
banchou.jpg
823KB, 800x2240px
>>153901640
>>
File: 1483988187160.jpg (31KB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
1483988187160.jpg
31KB, 408x408px
Show is.shit, horse is only good.girl, and only because she is a horse.
Otherwise its just generic moe trash where a bunch of waifu bait big tit girls love some blank.slate self insert NEET loser for you fags to.identify with for literally no reason
>>
>>153901573
Some genres have always been small, and some may have years since the last entry, possibly decades.
Classical Mahou Shoujo may be extinct. Anything that isn't Sailor Moon clones.
It's hard to mention stuff because for most things you could probably go "this seasonal trainwreck from six seasons ago may technically fall under the definition". I was thinking maybe Fantasy Mecha, but someone could probably find something.
Space Opera is doing poorly.
Family anime is pretty much dead. Those anime that children and their parents can watch together and enjoy for the same reason.
>>
>>153900925
>A permanent fixture in anime and Manga
You mean in "fiction".
Isekai is at least as old as humanity, people traveling to strange lands is a staple in any culture's fiction.
>>
>>153904307
>Family anime is dead

isn't doreamon and crayon shin chan still going?
>>
>>153905322
Traveling to another continent is not isekai, anon. That's tourism.
>>
>>153905944
Where are new anime to replace those?
>>
>>153906041
Why would people try to fill an already filled niche, especially ones who have such a legacy that it will be near impossible to compete with them?
>>
>>153905944
I was thinking more anime that the parents actually care about, where everyone in the family talks about what happens and look forward to watching the next episode. Like Erin and Nadia. Not toddler anime that the parents are forced to watch because the children aren't old enough to watch TV by themselves.
>>
File: Knights and Magic.jpg (832KB, 1002x1430px) Image search: [Google]
Knights and Magic.jpg
832KB, 1002x1430px
>>153904307
>Fantasy Mecha
Don't you worry isekai got you covered with a trap OP MC and mechbuilding autism.
>>
>>153908209
Maybe we'll see a revival of those old generes thanks to isekai
>>
>>153904307
>Classical Mahou Shoujo may be extinct.
what exactly is classical mahou shoujo?
>>
File: lwa wallpaper.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lwa wallpaper.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>153904307
>Family anime is pretty much dead.
maybey lwa can revive it,
>>
>>153910779
is there going to be some sort of banchou isekai?
>>
>>153911186
Or racing isekai
>>
>>153911186
>>153911450
how would that even work?
>>
>>153911655
some racecar driver gets transported to rpg land, people intepret it as some sort of magic chariot or something.
>>
>>153911987
Not-speed racer racing through worlds
>>
>>153912020
didnb;t space dandy do somehting like thaT?
>>
>>153912083
Havent seen it but sounds interesting
>>
>>153912744
the show was a real hit and miss actually, due in part to have completly different directors for each episode
the space race episode were one of the better ones
>>
File: 1487793112237.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487793112237.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>153901298
That depends on your definition of harem.

Since "harem" is now a trope that is thrown into lot of series regardless of the genre rather than a genre itself the number of them is debatable.

If you think "harem" are only those series which main focus is the harem antics, then, there is few of them running right now, if you think harem are any series that contains a harem, then there is a shitload of them.
>>
>>153913055
i think harem isnt the word we should be working
but im thinking of series where its one guy and several girls,
is there a word just for this whether or not any romance or attraction takes place?
>>
>>153911102
I don't really know, the only anime that I've seen that I know for sure is a classical Mahou Shoujo is Mahou no Stage Fancy Lala. It's different from many of the other Mahou Shoujo I've seen in that the magic isn't used for some formulaic goal, like collecting stuff or defeating enemies, but rather because the main character could really use it in their life and does it just because they can. But really, I don't know enough about Mahou Shoujo to define it. Princess Tutu isn't exactly a Sailor Moon clone, but it still feels maybe a bit modern? I really should watch more old Mahou Shoujo.

>>153913434
I use the word pseudo harem. I think a lot of the complaints about all the harems refer to these as well, because they are very harem like even if the girls aren't attracted to the main character.
>>
>>153913055
Well with narou titles you also have real harems where the MC has sex with multiple heroines followed by marriage and babymaking since they're all fine with polygamy.
>>
>>153913597
>but it still feels maybe a bit modern?
in what way?
>>
>>153913597
yeah thats what im saying, like even if theres no attraction toward the MC, the kind of shows were theres one male character and a bunch of girls tend to have the same demographics as harem series anyway, so a lot of the tropes transfer over.
>>
>>153913733
It's something I've actually seen, anything I've seen is modern.
It was released after the year 2000 and uses digital animation.

I don't know, I haven't seen enough old stuff to be able to compare it to anything. At least it was very different from Fancy Lala.
Could it be that she isn't a regular girl?
I have seen way too little mahou shoujo to be able to make good generalizations for the genre
>>
>>153913878
the years are catching on anon, you are going to have to accept that to the current generation it is old.
>>
>>153913597
Does Flying Witch count?
>>
>>153911655
Racecar driver is sent to the future where he competes in spaceship races

fantasy character is transported to 1980s tokyo and goes to high school and joins a gang and beats the shit out of people
>>
>>153914044
Don't ask me as if I'm an expert on mahou shoujo, I don't know.
Probably not as classical mahou shoujo, because classical mahou shoujo is shoujo, and Flying witch is shounen or seinen.
And maybe the magic is too realistic to be a mahou shoujo at all. imo not everything with girls who use magic is mahou shoujo, I don't consider sorcerers to be magical girls and maybe not flying witch either.
I am no expert as I said, my frame of reference is by how similar it is to Sailor Moon, any other reference point for mahou shoujo I use is either Fancy Lala or impressions and assumptions I make about old mahou shoujo just from watching the openings
>>
File: Mahou Shoujo.png (7KB, 413x230px) Image search: [Google]
Mahou Shoujo.png
7KB, 413x230px
I made this chart of different types of mahou shoujo over time.
No idea if it's accurate or readable, but maybe it is?
>>
>>153915528
I have no flipping idea how to intepret this
>>
>>153913597
>>153913876
>>153913434

It's pointless trying to find a word to define those series in particular, that definetively exist, because people is not gonna just start to call them whatever name we gave them, people will still call it "harems".

And its pointless to create a small niche of person who call them in a different way.

I think Its enough with explaining ourselves when we refer to that kind of series in particular, because...well, its not as if people talks about those series in particular too often.
>>
>>153915665
I'm going to call them galge anime and you cant stop me
>>
>>153915751
As you wish, however, I don't think that's an accurate name, galge is about dating girls, so it would cover only things like Amagami, one Room or Seiren with multiple routes. Series where the girls love the MC too, like in harems.

But still is not proper to refer to those series with lot of girls surrounding the main character but that aren't technically a harem because not all of them have feelings for the MC (like Netoge yome for example)
>>
>>153915865
I thought galge just applied to any game where you interact with pretty girls
>>
>>153915665
I don't think it's very important, but if we just call them harems there's always gonna be one guy who goes "actually in this series only two of the five girls surrounding the bland protagonist are in love with him, so it isn't a harem" in response to complaints about all the harems. And then we will have seasons with 10 haremlikes but only 2 qualify and all complaints about all the harems are dismissed as wrong.
I think it could be useful to use words like "haremlikes" or something just to stop those people from misinterpreting your complaints about the number of shows with bland protagonists surrounded by cliche girls.

>>153915632
There are two ways to classify mahou shoujo, by sailor moon or classical type, or or seinen or shoujo type.

This chart shows that all seinen type mahou shoujo are sailor moon types, and that they have been around since the 70s (Cutie Honey), but didn't get big until the early '00s (Nanoha).
Shoujo type mahou shoujo exist as both sailor moon types and classical types. The classical types have been around since the very beginning, and dies in the '00s (maybe it should have been earlier), while sailor moon types become common in the 90s, but have been in decline since the early '00s (today only represented by Precure).

Seinen type and shoujo types are characterized by tones and focus.
Sailor moon types are mahou shoujo that are mahou shoujo based on Sailor Moon, or classified as such based on being Sailor Moon likes. Classical types are what they are because they are similar to some old school mahou shoujo type.

Seinen type mahou shoujo always places itself into the genre by having similarities to Sailor Moon.
>>
>>153911655
Pod racing nigga
>>
>>153916168
>actually in this series only two of the five girls surrounding the bland protagonist are in love with him, so it isn't a harem"

Honestly I never shared this agrument, know where the people who uses is wants to go, but I don't agree with them. I mean, even if they don't "have feelings" they are puting their damn tits on his face, teasing him, or blushing whenever they see him.

IT's hard to buy the "no, this is not a harem" when the girls don't confess but put their butts in the MC face.

I know there are shows where that is TRUE, but are so few that honestly, is pretty much anecodtic. I'm sure there are more but right now I can think on may be 2-3 shows in the last 20 years that are actually like that (lot of girls but that actually DON't lust the D).
>>
>>153900925
Isekai was always a thing, but the older ones usually threw girls to the other world like Fushigi Yuugi or 12 kingdoms or Strange Dawn.
>>
>>153916105
It does.
>>
>>153918177
so wouldn't galge anime be accurate?
>>
>>153918177
>>153918222

In galgames you interact with the girls for romantic purposes, so its pretty much the oposite to not romantic relationships between girls and mc
>>
>>153918222
I'll allow it.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.