[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yamada the impressionist. The shape of her voice is a point of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: silent voice.jpg (163KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
silent voice.jpg
163KB, 900x900px
Yamada the impressionist. The shape of her voice is a point of light, so it makes sense that she communicates through glows, auras and everyday supernovae. Light is inherent to cinema as a contrast to darkness, but she moves beyond this simple formal tradition by using light in contrast with more light. There is never a point of true darkness; even nighttime scenes glow. Shadows are there simply to provide a place for an illuminating dance. Layers upon layers are built, full control is exercised while the effect suggests that exact opposite. Yamada operates a imaginary camera, and her kaleidoscope of light imitates effects that happen beyond direct human control ordinarily. This implies the incidental, which serves her "creation" of radiant everyday life, but A Silent Voice goes beyond the implication and instead makes an assertion of control and craftsmanship. The full control is exposed at the film's tail ends, leaving everything in the middle as a direct expression of said control. I left the screening feeling a connection with a Yamada I've never truly known before: Yamada the auteur. An auteur who, as I see it, demands to be released from the shackles of narrative so she can express what we can only (day)dream of.
>>
Wow, please kill yourself.
>>
>>153846173
You must be a narrativefag who hasn't yet been enlightened on the beauty of formal criticism.
>>
>>153846066
tell me anon how closely does this follow the manga?
I may go watch it if there is enough differences otherwise I will just wait for blu ray to come out
>>
>>153846066
>shot of desk
>shaky cam
>shot of shoes
>blurred background
Repeat for one hour and a half. Brava Yamada!
>>
>>153846066
KINO
I
N
O
>>
Yamada is a boring director to be quite honest.
>>
>>153846938
Yamadafags talk about her like she's anime Malick, but she's more like anime Linklater. Sad!
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.