[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Comfy isekai setting thread.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9

File: comfy isekai - The New Gate.jpg (720KB, 1512x2150px) Image search: [Google]
comfy isekai - The New Gate.jpg
720KB, 1512x2150px
How come the best stories always start out with the main character being ridiculously overpowered and then slowly showing his beautiful harem how brilliant he is?

Compare this setting to the following:
>Main protagonist starts out weak
>he gets beat up
>constantly wines and complains about how powerless and worthless he is
>girls around him are disgusted

I think Japan has finally overcome their beta isekai setting and embraced American storytelling.
>>
>>153779450
uhhh you know i do agree its nice to see an mc who is isnt a shitter but the thing is japs cant write a story to this trope for shit although i like the new gate its badly writen
>>
File: 1375823603491.png (19KB, 138x186px) Image search: [Google]
1375823603491.png
19KB, 138x186px
>>153779450
>How come the best stories always start out with the main character being ridiculously overpowered and then slowly showing his beautiful harem how brilliant he is?
Not, really. No.
>>
>>153779450
If your're isekai'd and aren't op in less than a year, you need to ashamed of yourself.
>>
File: Shirogane_Takeru.jpg (346KB, 1958x1382px) Image search: [Google]
Shirogane_Takeru.jpg
346KB, 1958x1382px
The best stories are the ones where the MC struggles with the culture shock and change in lifestyle between his old world and the new one, and has to grapple with the possibility he may never see his home again.
>>
>Haremshit
>>
>>153781368
>Implying they're not the best
>>
>>153781325
That aspect can also be rather interesting, but not if the main character is too much of a pussy and gets mentally destroyed by the events in the new world.
>>
File: Lectival the pussy collector.jpg (194KB, 1200x854px) Image search: [Google]
Lectival the pussy collector.jpg
194KB, 1200x854px
>>153781368
>>153781462
>>153781771
To be fair it's not about the harem but more how the story is structured. New Gate just seemed to drag on with the same formula and the cold steel levels of MC holding back constantly. It just became tiresome after a while. Besides what you people call harem is not a real harem at all but pseudo harem when we're talking about narou type novels.
>>
>>153782163
> Besides what you people call harem is not a real harem at all but pseudo harem when we're talking about narou type novels.
How is the narou type story harem any different from the classic urban fantasy and magic school harems?
>>
>>153782414
They tend to focus more on them and go all out I guess.

See even MT as an example like the family side, marriage, raising children and Zeigs(MCs child) thoughts on the whole polygamous relationship. How he describes that his siblings were all treated equally by their 3 mothers and so on. They just feel more bold with it so to say and actually try to depict the whole thing, not just oh look 10 girls are around me who like me for being a 'nice' guy. Or the story ending after MC chooses a girl(Not a harem anymore or rather never was since the MC never had a relationship with any of the girls) or the MC never even progressing with any of the heroines and just having an open harem ending etc.

They just feel old, outdated and stale. And in many of them the MCs are too afraid of sexual intercourse like they drag on the whole thing forerver and ever(Not all them of course)

Of course with the narou titles you also have absolute garbage tier ones which have the same formula or worse but the tendency is there.
Like the pic I posted with lectival, they actually try to break the mold that most of the so called battle harems set as standard.
>>
>>153781368
>>>/tv/
>>
>>153779450
No. It's not like that. The best Isekai stories are not the ones where the MC is OP from the get-go.

The best ones is where the MC needs to endure and grow stronger because he starts out weakass. Also he doesn't have any help nor OP ability that makes it easier for him to level up.
>>
File: hero of the baloon SUCC.png (634KB, 887x731px) Image search: [Google]
hero of the baloon SUCC.png
634KB, 887x731px
>>
File: FAT.png (302KB, 484x1410px) Image search: [Google]
FAT.png
302KB, 484x1410px
>>153783710
>>
is Millie in the later volumes or is she just bait to get me invested in the novel.
>>
>>153784717

Is it true that this manga NTR's cutie squirrel girl because the MC travels to another dimension or some shit. I remember reading some of shield hero then I got spoiled what happens in the LN and dropped it because it became yet another blue balled NTR piece of shit story.
>>
File: 1457753528665.gif (275KB, 500x565px) Image search: [Google]
1457753528665.gif
275KB, 500x565px
>>153779450

>loli kitsune in the background

If she's anything like the one from Tokyo Ravens I'm picking this the fuck up.
>>
>>153782414
First off all, most of them don't have someone as autistic as ichika so thats a start. If they do though It's a chuuni galore and guys like Yobidasareta satsuriksha's MC start appearing. But boy do I love chuuni.
>>
We've had soo many isekai threads, It's time for us to decide which ones are good.

Post your top 3 anime, manga or LN
1. Dungeon Defense
2. Mushoku Tensei
3. Overlord

we need to find out what is the /a favorite
>>
>>153783291
What the fuck is this even implying? I watch harem anime and even I know it's usually garbage. The only redeeming quality of harem anime is the girls. If they're shit too there is literally no reason to watch it. I don't think you'll find a single person on /a/ who would argue you that.
>>
>>153786318
That causes nothing but endless shitstorm, autism and thread destruction so I'd rather not.
>>
>>153786318
From what I've seen, Mushoku Tensei seems to be the majority favorite
>>
File: 542675343245423.jpg (81KB, 405x550px) Image search: [Google]
542675343245423.jpg
81KB, 405x550px
>>153786331
>I watch harem anime
Please. There's your problem, next you're gonna say you watch academy harems or something right? What year is this?

You're still uneducated in the ways of haram boi. You should get away from pleb tier stuff and read more, like the masterpiece of a harem manga here Hare-Kon.
>>
File: dinner with slaves.png (61KB, 276x577px) Image search: [Google]
dinner with slaves.png
61KB, 276x577px
>>153785718
Main story not really. Well see hownit goes in the LN, since it's not finished yet. in the WN she, melty and sadina get the shiel-D in the end. Spear hero side story WN however, she either dies gets cucked or both in every timeloop
>>
>>153785117
Yes baito desu.
>>
>>153787177
>Spear hero side story WN however, she either dies gets cucked or both in every timeloop

Fucking nips. This is why I hardly ever read any (((romance))) themed manga/LN.
>>
>>153786318
1.Escaflowne
2.Digimon
3.Dungeon Seeker
>>
>>153785802

She's a He
>>
>>153787960
Why are you complaining if there's no real consequence in the main story? Well, besides raph enduring subaru-tier suffering
>>
The best isekai stories are where the MC travels the world seeking to make a difference, then they get transported to a fantasy world and continue doing the same thing there.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.