[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So does this get as good as Negima did in its prime? I heard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: uqholdereva.jpg (114KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
uqholdereva.jpg
114KB, 400x600px
So does this get as good as Negima did in its prime? I heard mix things, specifically that Eva is shit now.
>>
File: 016.jpg (329KB, 1066x1600px) Image search: [Google]
016.jpg
329KB, 1066x1600px
>>153757369
No, but it has its good moments.

Eva is still best girl. Only Yukihime is shit.
>>
Eva is fine, thats just the Negifags speaking.
Seriously though, read for Kirie. She's undoubtedly the best girl.
>>
I think it's even worse than Negima at its worst.
>>
File: 001.jpg (431KB, 1066x1600px) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
431KB, 1066x1600px
>>153757446
More like second best girl. Eva at peak can't be surpassed.
>>
>>153757369
Short answer: No, it is a mediocre battle manga

Long answer: The best moments come from the recent arc where Negi and his squad are back. Eva isn't shit, but she is definitely downgraded from Negima, mainly because in Negima she felt like a strong force that could fuck anything up, she was the teacher of a prodigy, and she still had both very cute and very sensual moments. In this she has a very one-dimensional character and she plays the victim constantly. She just feels like a weak, hapless person a lot of the time and she is much more of a downer. Though she is still cute from time to time. The main problem the series suffers from is the lack of interesting characters, the lack of an interesting world (Negima's world building was soooo much better), and most of all it just doesn't have that blend of comedy and action that Negima had. Negima had great fanservice, great comedy, and great action with a great cast. This has a handful of good characters with meh fanservice, meh comedy, and some good fights. It's a run of the mill shounen, but a massive downgrade from Negima.

All that said, it has picked up considerably lately. This arc is by far its best and comparable to some of Negima's better arcs
>>
>>153757750
Take off your Negima goggles, the current arc is awful. The writing quality drops the more Negima is brought back.

Negima is one of my favorite manga but its saturation in UQ has hurt the manga more than helped it. UQ's premise and cast had a lot of potential, but were instead shoved aside for Touta's muh Yukihime issues and Negima shit.

UQ can't be "as good as Negima in its prime" because UQ is just Negima at its worst.
>>
The current arc is awful.
The writer is busting his nut prematurely.
You cant have all these NEGIMA characters showing off how cool they are, and expect us to be cool with the UQ characters being taken for a ride.

I mean, half the UQ holder characters arent showing up in favor of the Negima characters.

It's sad.
>>
>>153758904
>>153757750
Personally, I'd prefer if all or most the Negima characters are dead or long gone. You cannot have the old generation constantly take over the plot.

Touta cant become his own character with Negi nearby.

To top it off, Touta's combat mode now looks like some stupid Final Fantasy Summon , or a Guyver form. Isnt he supposed to just be a vampire?

The writer is ridiculous.
>>
It's almost like the author is trying to say something.
>>
>>153759405
"I want to write Negima"?

Because UQ Holder suffers when older generation characters appear too much.
>>
>>153758904
This, UQ had legs as a shonen until all the negima shit came back.
>>
>>153759180
It's disappointing how Ken made Touta a vampire but it has ultimately served no purpose.

He has zero vampire traits, the most was the time Kuroumaru noticed he had no reflection.

It's also confusing because the first chapter implied it was Eva who gave him immortality, but later Fate's saying immortal tech was implanted in Touta, and he's shown more traits of having Negi's immortality and powers. Which is it?
>>
>>153759180
>You cannot have the old generation constantly take over the plot.

I was pretty content with UQH on its pre-negi-return course and the appearance of the old crew sabotages the new cast. The last few chapters felt mostly like Ken jerking off to his old cast. I know they'll have to be included at some point, but I'd have preferred smaller doses, as I'd rather see where the new crew is going. Also, it feels kinda bull that all of Negi's old entourage is fighting alongside him, even though he's possessed by the end boss. I guess there's a reason for that, but for now, it just adds to the shitty taste of the current arc.
>>
>>153757369
Not at all. Has maybe one or two characters worth a damn. MC is utterly uninteresting and impossible to care about, supporting cast is bland and one dimensional (save for best girl Kirie). Hard pass.
>>
File: 5 (2).jpg (328KB, 1142x1600px) Image search: [Google]
5 (2).jpg
328KB, 1142x1600px
>>153757750
>with meh fanservice, meh comedy, and some good fights

It's exactly the same shit as it was in Negima. I'm baffled by people trying to argue Negima was different in these areas, Ken's writing is the same as ever. The only difference are the characters, in which case you're just being biased.
>>
>>153760639
It's both. That's why Eva said his immortality might be second only to Karin's.
>>
>>153761998
It still doesn't really add up, this might come off as confusing as I try to explain my point.

Eva said Touta was still alive in the first chapter because she "gave him temporary special permission," and that he'd only live further if he drank her blood. That would imply the "immortal tech" in Touta wasn't actually making any sort of difference, so Fate's claim of it being a success would be wrong.

Now if we assume Eva's blood was needed as some sort of trigger, then Fate's plan still makes no sense because that would imply the tech still needs immortal (possibly vampire only) blood to work.
>>
>>153759025
this arc felt like it came out of nowhere
>>
File: image.jpg (402KB, 869x1305px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
402KB, 869x1305px
>>153757369
Eva now is shit but her new design makes my dick happy
>>
>>153757369
>specifically that Eva is shit now.

That is just butthurt NegixEva shippers

Just read it if you liked Negima. Yes, it is pretty good if you liked the original manga. Touta is pretty entertaining as the new MC, compared to Negi which took like 100 chapters for him to be great.
>>
>>153762664
It kind of did. Negi's group attacked right after the naked race. Ken's always had a bad case of whiplash in his writing.

I remember how he revealed Asuna was captured, and followed up with a hot spring chapter afterward.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.