[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NGNL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 220
Thread images: 30

File: IMG_6336.jpg (58KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6336.jpg
58KB, 720x405px
Why do you all underrate this series so much? You'd honestly think something like this would be /a/'s wet dream yet you all treat is like SAO despite how good it actually is. Like honestly you're all going to praise a series like Flip Flappers and hate on NGNL? If you didn't have to pretend to be cool here on /a/ what would your honest thoughts on this series be?
>>
>>153739334
>/a/ is one person
I loved NGNL anon, no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>153739334
It was shit with reddit humor and cancer visuals.
>>
>>153739383
>*tips fedora*
>>
I didn't hate it. I really enjoyed it at first but it started to get stale when the siblings seemed to solve every problem with ease. Felt like the same formula over and over. That's just me though.
>>
>>153739334
It's actually overrated as hell, lurk moar
>>153739448
same here, it was mediocre at best.
>>
File: IMG_6337.jpg (240KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6337.jpg
240KB, 1920x1080px
>inb4 unbeatable protagonist

If that's the case why was One Punch man so popular?

>>153739383
>Reddit humor
No anon, it's Japanese humor. You're just comparing it to Reddit because you think that's edgy and cool when most people here don't even understand what Reddit humor is except you and the visuals were great and not the problem because Konosuba and Flip Flappers would have failed if bright colorful visuals were considered "Reddit humor" but apparently /a/ loved them.
>>
File: IMG_6338.jpg (79KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6338.jpg
79KB, 640x960px
>>153739478
>overrated

No, like most series /a/ enjoyed it while airing but as soon as it became too popular decided it was overrated and thus a bad show. The only "problem" with this amazing series is it become too popular for the hipsters of /a/.
>>
>>153739572
The last time there was a thread most people were wanking over it and asking for S2 though. Barely any haters.
>>
>Why do you all underrate this series so much?
Are you fucking serious?
>>
will there be a season 2?
>>
>>153739334
>underrate
No, we're just waiting for fucking S2
>>
>>153739572
This. After a point it became le ebin reddit meme animu. Honestly I question if reddit even had half a clue this show existed except for the shitposting, since it seems like it's almost an /a/ isekai wet dream
>>
>>153739602
You're kidding? This series is hated on as much if not more than SAO. The only reason some recent threads have been good is because of the movie or new content and like I've said before while airing or new content is out /a/ will love this series but as soon as there is nothing coming out it's just an overrated piece of trash comparable to SAO because it's popular. You literally can't prove this wrong because you all know for a fact it's true. The only reason Flip Flappers managed to stay popular here is because it never really made it big. Anything underground is considered "cool" here even if it's complete trash.
>>
File: Steph complain.gif (295KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
Steph complain.gif
295KB, 245x245px
>>153739735
>hating on NGNL

Those people must be dumbasses
>>
File: SFiJTgn.jpg (246KB, 890x497px) Image search: [Google]
SFiJTgn.jpg
246KB, 890x497px
>>153739334
>Isekai
>Isekai where the world runs on game logic
>LN adaption
>Hamfisted fanservice that's so blatant it's not even attractive because they're no buildup
>"I won because I read the script and know exactly what plan to have at all times" main character X2
>US OTAKU HUH GUYS LMAO references

it's a bingo of garbage, underating is too good for this nonsense
>>
>nice, interesting fantasy premise to explore
>waste it with awkward sexual pandering 24/7

Why do so many animes do this?
>>
>>153739334
because "le it was my plan all along 8)" isn't very fun
>>
>>153739510
I didn't even watch NGNL, but the color palette is nauseating, and no, "bright colorful visuals" doesn't mean it's the same. Flip Flappers is an example of good use of that sort of thing. Tsuritama is another. NGNL, like Meganebu, is a prime example of using bright colorful visuals horrifically wrong.
>>
>>153739510
> Japanese humor
It's written by some south american and when I said reddit humor I mean it's what a newfag such as yourself would think is humor in anime. Dude stripping girls lmao, Dude loli panties lmao, dude otakus lmao.
>>
>>153739334
if you're into otaku pandering then yeah this show is great
>>
>>153739846
>"I won because I read the script and know exactly what plan to have at all times" main character X2
Your description of it makes me want to watch it again
>>
>>153739937
> would think is humor in anime.
>starts talking about fanservice
what did he mean by this?
>>
Is shit cause there is only one male MC.
So this mean this is your average isekai moe harem crap.
And the MCs are mary sue cause they are smart and plan ahead what they do in order to ensure their winnings.
>>
>>153740053
>Is shit cause there is only one male MC.
non sequitur
>So this mean this is your average isekai moe harem crap.
non sequitur
>And the MCs are mary sue cause they are smart and plan ahead what they do in order to ensure their winnings.
non sequitur

If you're retarded enough to believe what you posted then I don't think explaining why your entire post was non sequiturs will help
You have to be 18 to post anon
>>
>>153739919
No anon the color was amazing. Just because it wasn't safe and comfortable for you doesn't make it any less so and I guarantee you didn't feel nauseated watching the colors. You're just acting like a complete bitch.
>>
File: Volume 2 Manga Never.jpg (250KB, 1915x911px) Image search: [Google]
Volume 2 Manga Never.jpg
250KB, 1915x911px
>>153739334

>Why do you all underrate this series so much?
>>
File: 1461939919031.png (281KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1461939919031.png
281KB, 512x512px
>>153740252
>No, you're wrong about your own opinion, you complete bitch.
Alright, then.
>>
>>153740275
So you admit you hate it because it's popular.
>>
>>153740320
Then why don't you say "in my opinion" or something instead of making what you have to say out to be facts that everybody knows and accepts.
>>
All the haters jumping on the bandwagon for no apparent reason aside, I think there's a few types of people that don't like this show:

1. People who don't enjoy watching shows with foregone conclusions. Everybody knows that the two main characters are going to win, they're basically the ultimate Mary Sue and Gary Stu combination. If you don't enjoy discovering the details of how they're going to win, you're not going to like this show.

2. People who don't like the art style. Personally, I really enjoyed the art style, but in the end this specific argument can't be argued objectively because it's down to personal preference. I've never actually disliked an anime due to the art style, but that might be because the quality of the art in itself is not why I'm interested in anime.

3. People who don't like fanservice. This is kind of an odd argument, seeing as 99,99 % of people on /a/ watch anime in order to masturbate to it, even when the majority of these people realize that hentai and doujin actually exist. Maybe this is some sort of protection mechanism; maybe they're just telling themselves that they're not complete perverts because they don't fap to hentai/doujin. Personally I prefer to masturbate to explicit material and enjoy muh anime/mango for other reasons. In my opinion NGNL is one of the few shows that is good DESPITE of the fanservice.

4. Kind of similar to 1, people who try to watch the show for any other reason than to enjoy seeing how the main characters are going to win. They might crave a deep story, good character development and other qualities this show just doesn't have, and judge it accordingly. In my opinion that is just retarded, that would be like saying that pizza tastes bad because it doesn't have enough chocolate on it.
>>
>>153739334
>pair of mary sue and gary stu
>no sibling romance

it was watchable but that's about it
>>
>>153740388
>the colors are bad
>not an opinion
Man, you're fucking dumb.
>>
>>153740388
>Then why don't you say "in my opinion"

all comments are opinions by default, moran.
>>
>>153739334
Because Reddit likes it, same shit as re:zero. Faggots like to separate themselves from that place as much as possible. I liked NGNL and they made the whole Madhouse "impossibly OP" thing not seem so repetitive since they always seem like they are going to lose.
>>
>>153740459
Stop trying to simply what you said in your hast to recover your argument. You were talking about the color palette like you're some kind of color pallet expert and it was factually bad. You're honestly like maybe only 20%. Keep arguing with me and see what happens.
>>
>>153740530
haste*
>>
>>153740530

>the color palette was nauseating
=
>You were talking about the color palette like you're some kind of color pallet expert
Not even the palettefag but you're stupid.
>>
>>153740388
>Then why don't you say "in my opinion"
Holy shit.
>>
Steph was dumb as hell
>>
>>153740388
I can kind of see your side of this, but in the end of the day it's implied that he was just voicing his own opinion due to the subject at hand.

Personally, I think you are retarded if you're going to let the color palette of a show stop you from watching it; if that's so important to you, why watch anime at all? Just satisfy yourself with other art forms, like watching masterful paintings. Thinking about it, the vast majority of anime is crap from an artistic standpoint (i.e. as compared to other visual media), and I'd argue that most of the shows that are considered to have good art, don't have good art the majority of the time.
>>
>>153739334
Call me closed minded, but game world isekai light novel adaption is just too many red flags.
>>
It was a fun show, and /a/ hates fun

>abloobloobloo why is there fanservice in this not serious at all comedy anime
>>
>>153740677
It doesn't have to be bad, see Konosuba. NGNL just didn't work for me.
>>
>>153740631
>you chose not to watch this show because you didn't like the colors, so why don't you just look at paintings instead of watching anime at all?
Is this a joke? Do you seriously think that logic makes any sense whatsoever?
>>
>>153740607
It's not hard to type "in my opinion" or "I think now is it? Congratulations nerd! You've now hit 0%. I hope you're proud of yourself.
>>
>>153740414
I basically fit under #1. I loved the artstyle and was indifferent to the fanservice. I just got bored with them winning every single time.
>>
>>153739334
It was alright, but it's never getting a second season so why bother caring beyond that point? There was also a criminal lack of Shiro/Sora doujins.
>>
>>153740761
>never getting a second season

Don't say those things
>>
File: 1463426592299.jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1463426592299.jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
>>153740761
>we will never get to see horny angel's cute sister animated

>mfw plum doujins will never happen
>>
>>153740721
I fail to see how this is hard to understand, but my logic was that if your main interest is watching aesthetically pleasing things, why pursue anime instead of pursuing a medium that actually puts aesthetically pleasing things above all else?

I don't watch soccer, but if I were to watch soccer, it would not be because the most important thing for me is to see how far a player can throw a ball, or how fast a player can run. If those were my criteria, I would watch other sports in which those criteria were the main purpose of the sport.
>>
>>153740631
Why are you even taking that guys opinion seriously? He's not a color pallet expert. The color pallet isn't bad.
>>
>>153740770
Well, the author pretty much killed S2 with his own tracing hands.
>>
>>153740770
Why it's true.
Plus the only LN adaption that I want to get a second season both won't and if it did would have a criminal lack of best girl.
Seriously where did she disappear from the story to? She basically went and got the Roc Demon King and then vanished from the narrative. I demand more best girl interacting with Izayoi
>>
>>153740414
If you don't like any of these, then you probably don't like anime. I mean how many anime actually have an mc that loses more then they win? Its not like the art style is offensive or vastly different then any other anime (compared to aku no hana, ping pong and kaiba). Fanservice is so common in anime you may was well not bother with the medium.

In fact NGNL actually has a setting where the mc's have more nuance in how the win then most shows. Seeing how its political, it can have "wins" that end being loses and "loses" that can end up being wins.
>>
>>153740831
You logic is easy to "get," but it just doesn't make any fucking sense. Just because you aren't interested in one certain show because you dislike the visuals doesn't mean that somehow visuals are the main/only reason you watch anime. That's the most ridiculous oversimplification I've seen in a while.
>>
>>153740948
>Just because you aren't interested in one certain show because you dislike the visuals doesn't mean that somehow visuals are the main/only reason you watch anime.

While I agree with this, how can I interpret >>153739919 as anything other than implying exactly this? The post judges the show only on the choice of color, and the poster even admits that he hasn't even watched the show. If that's not putting art above all else, then what is?
>>
>>153739334
/a/ loved NGNL when it aired.
>>
File: 1413017372050.jpg (443KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1413017372050.jpg
443KB, 1280x720px
>>153739334
>you're all
>/a/ is a hivemind
>blah blah blah I'm a dumb idiot

I love NGNL, think SAO is good but nowhere near as good as NGNL and think Flip Flappers is overrated and a very mediocre anime nowhere near as good as SAO or NGNL.
>>
>>153740840
I like interesting discussions, and often you don't know whether a discussion will be interesting or not before you're having it.
>>
>>153741023
Different anon, but it's the same reason I havent watched One Piece. Horrible fucking trash art style.

Sometimes one trait is bad enough for you that you can't get past it.
>>
>>153741023
Preference? Or are you telling me the art / palette in NGNL is objectively good?
>>
File: IMG_6339.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6339.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>153740948
Actually the visuals are the reason most people watch anime you ugly zit faced piece of shit! If anime didn't look like anime it would turn a lot of anime fans from it because it wouldn't look like anime. The visuals in NGLN are good in my opinion though and it does look like anime obviously.
>>
Too much shitposting when it was airing. People who want to discuss it can't bother with all that shitposting.
Jibril best girl
>>
>>153739689
How do you people even know what reddit likes and doesn't? I swear most of the people that come here with 'muh reddit likes it' are just rejects that got btfo'd over there and came here to bitch about it to feel better about themselves.
>>
>>153741096
Shitposting just means it's a good series. Most anime that has a lot of shitposting is elite. Take Madoka for quick example.
>>
>>153740831
Literally the only reason to prefer anime over another medium is due to the visuals. The only other reason being creative freedom which ultimately is only possible because the art allows for it. If you want deep and intricate stories you would have better luck reading a book or if you just wanted something to watch you'd just watch normalfag shit like game of thrones.
>>
>>153741160
I would guess since Reddit is the most mainstream forum in the world, they would like the most mainstream and popular anime. Geee, that was so hard.
>>
File: habanero.jpg (26KB, 398x398px) Image search: [Google]
habanero.jpg
26KB, 398x398px
>>153741173
>Most anime that has a lot of shitposting is elite
this
>pic related
>>
>>153741173
Jojo or DB says otherwise.
>>
>>153741185
So you're admitting you hate NGNL because it's popular?
>>
>>153741173
Shitposting just means its popular. The problem is that itprevents any legit discussion. It was stupid for /a/ to have a shitstorm over the rock-scissors-paper game.
>>
>>153741160
>How do you people even know what reddit likes and doesn't?

Because they are the kind of bitch faggots who actually browse reddit in the first place. Seriously, if you know or care about anything that's going on over there then you're part of the problem and should straight up fuck off ay.
>>
>>153741217
You just don't know how to post correctly is your problem. As a Madoka and Railgun fan I know for a fact you can get discussion accomplished while shitposting is happening.
>>
>>153741160
I can't say I know myself. It's one of those things I assume amounts to "I don't like it so it must be some reddit normie hipster shit reeeeeeee"
>>
>>153741208
I'm not the same anon you were addressing, and I don't hate NGNL. It was entertaining enough but bland and forgettable.
>>
>Still one of top sellers in 2016
So tracing was just memelords acting smug?
>>
>>153741173
Not always correct. Some anime gain small but obnoxious fan bases here who spam themselves and gain attention and shit posters that way.
>>
>>153741259
see Umaru, prime example
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (52KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
52KB, 1280x720px
NGNL is amazing in how smart it is in a psychological sense, also great humor. Needs a s2!

Also outer space battle with Jibril is the most epic scene.
>>
>>153741249
That's just your opinion. I think it was amazing and unforgettable.
>>
>>153741274
>most epic scene.
on par with the cheaty izuna scene imo
good taste though
>>
>>153741249
How cool and edgy did saying that make you feel anon?
>>
>>153741023
First off, that is me, and I never even said anything about the show overall - I was talking solely about the color palette, not using it to judge the whole thing. I'm not strongly interested in the show in general, and the colors are just an extra reason not to bother. Just for argument, though, even if I had decided not to watch it based solely on the colors, without knowing anything else about it, that could just mean that I disliked that aspect of it a ridiculous amount. If you think a show is really bad at one aspect of anime, that can ruin it for you, even if you do also value other aspects of anime in general.

>>153741076
>you ugly zit faced piece of shit!
I can't even tell if I'm being baited or if OP is an actual fourteen-year-old.
>>
File: IMG_6340.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6340.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>153741293
What about when Izuna's sister goes super fox mode for that coin toss? I loved that.
>>
>>153741294
>I think it was bland and unforgettable
>lel how edgy xd
Fuck off.
>>
>>153741274
I really liked the chess game. Played it over and over again when I first saw it. NGNL hyped in ways very few series ever had with the angles it pulled.
>>
File: IMG_5159.gif (369KB, 500x274px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5159.gif
369KB, 500x274px
>>153741334
You're such a man.
>>
>>153739334
Someone started calling it Reddit: the anime, and things snowballed from there.
>>
>>153741249
Fuck off retard.
>>
>>153741329
>miko
>izuna's sister
what?
more doujins when????
>>
>>153740848
You say that as it gets a movie this year, and it's not a recap.
>>
File: IMG_6341.jpg (108KB, 2011x1126px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6341.jpg
108KB, 2011x1126px
>>153741301
Don't try and play innocent now. You acted like a know it all color pallet expert looking down on all of us for enjoying this series because it was beneath you when in reality you're just a hipster nerd who doesn't know a thing about color pallets. You're honestly pretty sad.
>>
>>153741253
wasn't there news that he wasn't really tracing and it was just some random guy reaching far up his ass saying that he was tracing?
>>
>>153741374
>great war
we better see jibiril fucking up elvenguard
>>
This thread is pure cancer
Just like the series
>>
>>153739383
>cancer visuals

Holy shit, how can you be this much of a bitch ass contrarian?

>"IT LOOKS PRETTY SO I GOTTA SAY IT LOOKS LIKE SHIT AND IS REDDIT TIER GARBAGE WITH CANCER ART BLAH BLAH BLAH"

Serious question, why haven't you killed yourself yet?
>>
>>153741365
>stop disliking the things I like
nice argument
>>
File: IMG_6342.gif (23KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6342.gif
23KB, 200x200px
>>153741371
I thought they were sisters? Aren't they sisters?
>>
>>153741413
Yes.
>state my opinion
>how cool and edgy you felt after typing that
NGNL threads are as bad as Jojo.
>>
>>153741427
i have no memory of this ever being mentioned
and the wiki says nothing about this
i think you dun derped senpai
>>
>>153741440
There's a way to state your opinion without coming off as a complete faggot, you know.
>>
>>153741455
There are anime you can love without coming off as a complete faggot, you know.
>>
File: 1472801571232.jpg (22KB, 343x361px) Image search: [Google]
1472801571232.jpg
22KB, 343x361px
>>153739846
>Isekai where the world runs on game logic

That's a very misleading way of framing it in order to throw it together with all the "life is an RPG" settings. If anything, the world's logic basically runs on an unbreakable implementation of the NAP. It's an ancap heaven with a bit of monarchy. Anarchocapitalmonarchism.

>>153741427
Everything's a sister in your headcanon if you want them to be, anon. But no, I don't think they were, wasn't the shrine maiden literally hundreds of years old or something? I think she was the one who personally united the federation to begin with.
>>
>>153741455
Only if you're a faggot that gets offended by everything.
>>
>>153740167
That was what the average NGNL hater say. Yeah, there is people this retarded.
>>
>>153741474
>literally hundreds of years old or something?
>she was the one who personally united the federation to begin with.
ayup

also
>milf
>neko
hngggg
>>
>>153739334
Too much Steph bullying so it was shit in my book. Also the whole we never lose shit is retarded and removes any senseof danger the series had. Other than that the humor was okay though it rely on too many anime references to be funny.
>>
>>153739334
Flip Flappers was garbage and so was NGNL.

Just more overpowered MC mary sue isekai trash. NGNL just had the benefit of being towards the beginning of the boom so it doesn't get as much hate.
>>
File: 1477874598761.png (242KB, 540x584px) Image search: [Google]
1477874598761.png
242KB, 540x584px
The constant praising of NEETS took it from an 8 to a low 7.
>>
File: 1472881164558.jpg (272KB, 953x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1472881164558.jpg
272KB, 953x1200px
Which is best fansub?
no Commie
>>
I like NGNL but holy shit the people itt sound as annoying as the SAOfags were back in 2012.
>>
>>153741446
But I swear it said they were sisters in that episode?
>>
>>153741556
>>153741582
Yeah it's one of those cases where the fanbase is so obnoxious that it lowers your opinion on the series.
>>
>>153741606
Well, i never knew it as popular until after i watched it, i was surprised to see it rated so highly since i was just so sick of how good NEETs/nerds were portrayed and that they were the smartest people in existence.
>>
>>153741606
No, you're just being an idiot. Every fanbase is annoying.
>>
>>153741582
Those were dark times anon. At least more people now are starting to see how shit SAO is.
>>
>>153741606
Yeah. How can someone saying "I don't like how it looks, however I do like ___ and ____" generate 100+ replies with only 30 something posters? Some people here are genuinely autistic.
>>
>>153741640
>A couple of neets are portrayed as amart people
>All neets are awesome genious
Is never stated or hinted. The most that come from them being neets is the fact they could practice games day and night 24/7, and that's the key element in the gambling world where being good at games is everything.
>>
>>153741606
Actually this is one of the few instances inwhich the hate is cringier than the fanboyism.
>>
>>153741716
It just seemed like Pro-NEET propaganda or something, the last 3 episodes where great and im glad i watched it but it was hard at times
with just how good the MC's were at everything. To see how high its rated on MAL blew my mind though Im sure the movie will be
entertaining.
>>
>>153741754
... damn, i've seen reviews of this anime that destroyed it at the very beginning for only the simple fact that you could see Shiro's panties!
And on top of that that was perfectly fit for her sloppy neet personality.
This is not criticism, is dumbassery.
>>
>>153741754
How so?
>>
>>153741754
Barely anyone is hating though. Some of us stated our opinion, but if you say you don't like it you get labeled edgy redditor. Real mature.
>>
>>153741762
No, Sora and Shiro are good at one thing. It happen that is the thing that is the core of everyuthing in that world. Like having a huge dick that can cum endlessly and never become limp in a world were fucking is everything that matter. But one of the core elements of this story is exctly this role reversal. The perfect princess well read, and knowing politics. That in the normal world would be considered a promising girl and a likely future leader of a nation get S&M and bondaged by two neets that in our world would be considered loosers and society's trash. Cause is a world built on completely different values.
>>
>>153741892
>The perfect princess
steph who let you on the internet

i didnt even notice this desu
>>
File: IMG_6343.jpg (40KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6343.jpg
40KB, 680x383px
The actual writer of NGNL wrote and illustrated a canon hentai of Sora and Shiro having sex.
>>
>>153741808
>>153741827
See this >>153741804 and >>153740053
for example.
Haters completely miss the point of the story and the traits inwhich the characters are built. They just cling to tropes. "Oh, they are smart, this mean they are mary sue" "just one guy and many girls this is moe harem shit" "neet can do shit, this is pro neet propaganda" and other amenities like that. There is constructive, competent, negative criticidsm as well but is buried under the hordes of "this is shit cause you can see loli's panties" to the point loose all the relevance.
>>
This post became a little longer than expected, so here's a two-parter. 1/2.

>>153741059
If you'd read my posts, you'd know that's not what I'm saying.

In the next paragraph (greentexted for clarity), I am going to make a statement. Please tell me whether or not you agree with this statement.

>If I choose not to watch this show _solely_ due to the art, the art is the most important criteria for me to not watch this show.

To me, that is obviously true. The greentext person has disregarded all qualities of the show except the art.

Obviously, whether or not you like the art of a particular show is subjective; a personal preference. However, judging an anime--an artform which incorporates several qualities, art being one of them--solely on its art, by default concedes the point that the art is the most important to you, because you've disregarded all its other qualities. That is why I suggested other artforms in my earlier posts.
>>
>>153739334
>Isekai
>LN adaptation
>Otaku main character for maximum self-insert wish fulfillment
>MC is the only prevalent male character for even more harem wish fulfillment nonsense

It's like they filled the board for 'Marketable to pathetic otaku/NEETs' Bingo.

If you enjoyed it fine, but don't pretend it's some unique or amazing series. It's the same shit churned out to make shitty otaku feel good about themselves and indulge in BLATANT escapism to fellate themselves over. Anything with 'otaku/NEET' MCs should be a red flag to you, particularly in fantasy settings.

It's like the media equivalent of that kid in school who made a Deviantart OC of himself and drew him killing all the bullies and fantasized about saving the popular girl from a dragon or some shit. It's pathetic.
>>
>>153741944
Is shown that by political/communications means she is very competent, and she would be able to keep the other nobles wrapped around her fingers. She is useless only cause she suck at games.
>>
>>153741971
Well this is 4chan after all. Baiting and memeing makes up 90% of the posts.
>>
>>153742007

2/2.

Let's take another example, one from my personal experience:

I fucking hated Now and Then, Here and There (hereafter NTHT), in my opinion this show is complete garbage for several reasons:

The story was uninteresting and predictable, the characters were annoying and lacking in both depth, intelligence and development, the music was not memorable and the art was unimpressive.

Judging from all these qualities and more, I concluded that NTHT is a bad show in my opinion.

However, if any one of those qualities were the most important to me (i.e. I had set a limit to how good i.e. the music would have to be in order for me to watch it), I wouldn't have watched it in the first place:

>The story
I'd read a book.

>The characters
I'd read a book.

>The music
I'd listen to music.

>The art
I'd watch paintings.

In order to judge something, you have to judge it as a whole. Judging it solely on a single quality is the same as judging it on a pretext that doesn't even exist. I could say that my TV sucks as compared to the sun because the sun emits more light than my TV, but that would be completely missing the point.

In the end, I guess it comes down to what you're a fan of. If you're a fan of anime, you judge a show in its entirety. If you judge it on a single quality, you're a fan of that quality, e.g. music or character development.

Also, going back to NGNL, I'd concede instantly if you'd watched it and didn't like it after judging it as a whole. Character development is nonexistent, the plot (at least the end point) is predictable as fuck after just one episode, it's got lots of cultural references and fanservice (whether or not this is a bad thing is another discussion, but for those who don't like it, it's a bad quality). Even so, the good qualities of the show outshine the bad qualities (in my personal opinion, of course), and therefore I think it's a good show.
>>
>>153742013
>Isekai is shit, and neets too. That's what i read on TVtropes, so i must hate this show
Exactly what i was talking about...
>>
File: 1486250217303.png (1MB, 1600x1482px) Image search: [Google]
1486250217303.png
1MB, 1600x1482px
>>153741963
proof its canon?... and link?
>>
>>153742028
And youtube reviews, and other shit not coming from 4chan?
Is not even something that is about exclusively NGNL. Is like Pavlovs dog. They see an element like a neet main character and that's all that they need. Worst anime ever cause self insertion.
>>
>>153742072
Nice argument.

Isekai on its own might not be an inherently bad thing, but when you throw it in the pot with those other attributes which are so commonly seen in the genre it usually ends up being more generic crap.

You can autistically deflect as much criticism you like, but that doesn't make them illegitimate because you have some fantasy version of all your favorite shows 'haters' in your head to strawman.
>>
>>153742087
I'm busy but it shouldn't be hard to find.
>>
>>153741808
>Muh gary stu
>if-I-put-hyphens-in-between-my-descriptions-of-characters-then-the-character-MUST-be-bad
>muh fanservice
>muh mary sue
>BUT SHES 11!
>TOO MUCH COLOUR!
>muh neet propaganda
>NO STUPID PEOPLE ALLOWED BYE-BYE STEPH
>Everything goes according to plan which is bad
>O V E R R A T E D
>I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW HE WON
>fucking pretentious hipster trash
>Also a bath scene with 11 year old girl...
>TOO MANY FILTERS
>THE MC SAID HE WINS BEFORE THE GAME EVEN STARTS
>EVERYTHING THE MC SAYS IN ANIME MUST BE TRUE
k im bored of finding stupid things people have said
>>
>>153742231
You couldn't be more pf a strawman even if you tried.
>>
>>153742105
>self insertion

I see this argument used a lot for lots of different shows, but they almost never make any sense.

By "self-insertion" I take it you mean that someone fantasizes about being some character, often or always the MC. What is it that makes an anime have this quality of self-insertion? There must be some quality in the viewer that corresponds to the quality of the self-insert character in a show, else all shows would by definition be self-insert shows.
>>
>>153742266
I was trying. You want direct quotes?
>>
>>153742282
Typically a teenage otaku/NEET with no personality.
>>
>>153742356
>Sora
>No personality
This is absolutely the only thing you cannot say about him. Call him mary sue, self insertion neet, and whatever you want. But he totally have well built personality and a good characterization in general.
>>
NGNL is nothing more than low brow pandering self serving garbage. It is a masturbatory fantasy that caters to losers and the such because they're easily exploitable. What really pisses me off is how characters like Shiro and Stephanie Dola get used and or abused by the male protagonist Sora or the story in order to fulfill the purpose of "Hey guys, look what are badass protaganist is doing!" My least favorite trope is when females get one upped, disrespected, or otherwise diminished in their role by their male counterparts or the story, which NGNL accomplishes pretty well with its female cast. Shiro could easily be replaced with a cardboard cutout half a time, and serves nothing more than a fantasy little sister for the losers to fap their hand too, or a deus ex machina machine with her MAD SKILLZ, and she is easily the most "significant" female character. Yet she feels more like a side character if anything. Steph is a butt monkey and Ms.Fanservice, alongside Jibril. None of these females have anything to contribute to the story that doesn't concern their personality. There is little room for personality. It's all trash dedicated to making the viewer/Sora feel good about themselves.
The Game have no logic to them half the time. (Seriously, Assassin? Getting the useless Dola to do something based on a nonsensical gamble? No thanks.) I don't mind the if if the how is good, but unfortunately it is not good. the rules egregiously bend themselves to keep the fantasy train moving.
>>
>>153742465
The shallow attempt at humanity given to Blank by giving them flaws is just sad. These flaws need not be overcome; they barely come into play at all, and are usually only shown in a comedic light. The primary purpose is to say "Hey, these losers are winning! Don't feel so bad about being a loser!" Yet it is impossible. You can't be king of you are afraid of losing, or being in a crowded place. You can't be king on intelligence alone. Yet it shows them succeeding. Why? Just to perpetuate the fantasy that losers can be winner. Um, no. Losers will always be losers if they can't overcome their flaws. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

What I am trying to say is, this is offers nothing stimulating for the intellectual part of me, and is basically Twilight for gamers everywhere.
>>
>>153742356
"No personality" being extremely vague aside, why not just say that you don't like anime about otaku/NEETs and move on (or better yet, just ignore the thread)? I don't go into threads about other anime stating that the show is garbage because the MC isn't above 6 feet tall, which is just as arbitrary and also completely nonsensical.
>>
>>153742428
>>153742507
I wasn't referring to this MC in particular, just answering the question of what makes a self-insert character. Don't be so defensive.
>>
>>153742536
>defensive
nice meme word ya got there butthurt-kun
>>
>>153742556
Nice argument you got there, dipshit.
>>
File: 1462191832647.gif (930KB, 448x252px) Image search: [Google]
1462191832647.gif
930KB, 448x252px
>>153742574
ahahahahah but what you don't understand here, is that it's not an argument, it's just me insulting you.
>>
>>153742556
Wew ESL-kun, should I use simpler words so you can understand?
>>
>>153742604
i'm done. Not worth wasting my time with some underage basement dweller. Have fun self inserting.
>>
>>153742481
>You can't be king of you are afraid of losing, or being in a crowded place. You can't be king on intelligence alone. Yet it shows them succeeding.
Missing the point all over again. What you call "flaws" is what made them undefeatable in gambling and games, everything that matter in that world. Is like saying that a huge dick and stamina are not enough to be a pornstar. And it come into play a role reversal like already stated in this thread.
Once again you guys just show you hate this anime just out of prejudice against some tropes. And don't address any real flaw in the storytelling.
>>
>>153742604
>this is your average NGNL fan
>>
>>153739334
Gambling series rely on execution since the stakes just keep rising so the MC is doomed to be a winner for the most part. People who don't like NGNL think either Blank is off-putting and/or the gambling scenarios are not interesting.
>>
>>153742607
I pledge allegience to the flag of the united states of america and to the republic for which it stands one nation under god indivisible with liberty and justice for all
>>153742639
my computer is in a dining room thank you
>>153742658
that was copypasta anon
>>153742661
I wouldn't consider myself average personally, but think whatever you want.
>>
>>153739334
A poor man's Kaiji.
>>
>>153742465
>>153742481
I think you're reading way too much into this show. A minority of anime try to reflect the real world, or make societal commentary.

The point of this show, as I see it, isn't to do the things mentioned above, it's simply to present interesting puzzles and games, and see how the protagonists solve these puzzles and games, usually in a manner requiring unattainable intelligence and psychological insight (for humans anyway), the logic of which is afterwards laid out and explained.

The fact that the two MCs themselves have reached a level of intelligence unattainable for any human in the real world, coupled with the fact that they even beat god in a game of chess, should be sufficient to see that there is no moral to the story, because no real human has ever or will ever exist with such ridiculous attributes.
>>
>>153742690
>Murica
>can't understand basic English
Sounds about right.
>I wouldn't consider myself average
Guess you're proud of being the worst of the bunch eh mate?
>>
>>153739334
The logic of this show is too stupid for words to convey.

It is impossible for ordinary humans to win against FUCKING MAGIC. If you think ordinary humans can win against FUCKING MAGIC then you have absolutely no creativity whatsoever, it's goddamned FUCKING MAGIC.

How about this scenario. I play a cardgame with you for your life, soul, future, past, whatever I decide. Every card I draw is an ace, I roll a yahtzee every time, my roulettes always land on black because FUCKING MAGIC. Nobody would play a game with the possibility of losing, the stakes are too high and having established that magic wielding species are highly intelligent humans must lose every single time.

After they won against someone cheating with magic in a game of chess it was obvious. You cannot simply say your opponent is cheating, or they would have. The rules of the world obviously force you to explain how they're cheating with magic. Since the protagonists cannot see magic they cannot win.

I quit and anybody that kept watching after that point is a cock sucking jizz guzzling faggot. The show could not be saved.
>>
>>153739334
best show of its season
>>
Everything was going good until fucking chess.
>>
>>153742694
No. It doesn't even try to be similar.
This is another facepalming hater dumbassery. Is a completely different story about completely different arguments, and a completely different gender. They should not be even compared.
>>
>>153742536
I'm >>153742507, this is my first reply to you.

You still haven't answered >I don't go into threads about other anime stating that the show is garbage because the MC isn't above 6 feet tall, which is just as arbitrary and also completely nonsensical.

The point the people claiming 'self-insert' is making (in general) is that because the MC has some specific traits and some of those traits happen to coincide with the perceived traits of the majority of anime fans, this somehow makes the show garbage. That is a fucking ridiculous statement and it makes the poster appear to be completely retarded. Calling all shows in which the MC is under 6 feet tall garbage is just as sensible as the self-insert claim.
>>
>>153742726
>Talks about the logic of the show
>Doesn't even understand what the show is about

2/10 copy pasta tier post friendo
>>
>>153739334
But everybody liked it anon. Only the people who doesn't watched when it aired and browse reddit dislike it because reddit liked too and they are contrarians.

Also, some of them dislike it because it was made by a hue.
>>
>>153742808
>Doesn't even understand what the show is about

Go ahead, try and save your shitty piece of shit show by explaining what I don't understand.
>>
>>153742840
he will just call you "edgy leddit fag" and won't make an argument. People itt are delusional as fuck.
>>
File: 1400807483525.jpg (1MB, 1500x1354px) Image search: [Google]
1400807483525.jpg
1MB, 1500x1354px
Does anyone here know what happens in the recent volumes? How many of them are still untranslated?
>>
>>153742724
I find pretending to be retarded hilarious sorry.
>>
I liked it. It even had a few JoJo references in it
>>
>>153742806
My post didn't give any opinion whatsoever on the show or other similar "NEET transported to another world" anime, it was just literally answering a question.

The idea of "no personality" meant a sort of blank character with little defining traits, like the MCs in some eroge or doujins who don't even have a face, which makes it easier for a bigger number of people to identify with the character, thus "self-inserting".
>>
>>153742726
The show's premise, introduced from the first fucking second of the first episode, is that the two MCs' intelligences surpass that of god. Thus, your post makes no sense, because they are not ordinary humans, they are superintelligent beings, and the purpose of the show is to see how superintelligence can thwart other means of winning, e.g. magic and cheating.

In the introduction of the first episode, it is made clear beyond all doubt that this is not a realistic anime, and your argument is that the anime is unrealistic? Jesus fucking christ.

Also, besides from the assassination being inadequately explained, nothing that broke the rules of the world, the games or the logic happened in the anime.
>>
>>153741418
with this screenshot you just proven him right
>>
>>153742960
I understand, and I was just making the statement that claiming that self-insert anime are garbage is nonsensical. I mean this in a general way, not aimed at any specific post.
>>
>>153743010
Well, some would consider it lazy or bad writing, since you don't have to develop a character's personality, instead leaving it up to the reader/viewer. I personally look at them as a sort of "Choose your own adventure".
>>
>>153742965
Yeah, NO. If you can't think of how magic can win against even someone with the intelligence of god you have the same lack of creativity as the author.

Stop trying to save this garbage. You have no sensible argument. Give up and admit it.
>>
File: 1468043861719.gif (3MB, 250x255px) Image search: [Google]
1468043861719.gif
3MB, 250x255px
>>153743195
>B-but muh... muh.. MAAGIC...
>>
>>153739334
/a/ isn't reddit dear OP. There isn't some hivemind consensus over an anime.
>>
File: 1481523666433.jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1481523666433.jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
>>153740342
The manga volume has not updated on Amazon for 3 years. That is at least two more volumes that should be there on that page.
>>
>>153743336
>implying /a/ isn't reddit
>>
>>153742231
>>everything according to keikaku

ftfy
>>
>>153743195
I know I shouldn't do this because the post I'm quoting right now makes no argument, but I find this entertaining so eh.

I can think of several ways in which magic could win against someone with only the intelligence of god, but in the show no such magic was used, either because the ones using magic couldn't or wouldn't, and "wouldn't" makes no sense so the only conclusion is that they couldn't. Seems to me there must be some kind of ruleset to how magic works in NGNL, just as there is in any show which involves magic. The MC's even revealed the type of magic used in the chess game, even if they couldn't explain the mechanisms of it.

In the end, everything must abide by some sort of rules, or the world itself becomes paradoxical and cannot exist, or at the very least logic can't exist. This is clearly the case in NGNL, or logic itself (which is used by the MCs throughout the show) wouldn't work.

In conclusion, the show and the anime world is entirely self-consistent, and the fact that you can't imagine superintelligence defeating magic speaks to your lack of creativity, not mine.
>>
>haters
we youtube comments now?
>>
I wonder why so many people pretend to hate NGNL in the first place. It's kinda funny because when you start talking to people who claim they hate it you figure out they've watched the entire series all the way to the end.
>>
>>153743706
Trying desperately to fit in.
>>
>>153739334
But this will never get an ending, therefore it's even worse than something like SAO S1
>>
>>153742726
>How about this scenario. I play a cardgame with you for your life, soul, future, past, whatever I decide. Every card I draw is an ace, I roll a yahtzee every time, my roulettes always land on black because FUCKING MAGIC. Nobody would play a game with the possibility of losing, the stakes are too high and having established that magic wielding species are highly intelligent humans must lose every single time.

Which is why they don't play card games with elves. It's why, when they challenged Kurami, they picked a location where the elf cannot directly influence the game itself (line of sight seems to be required for that), so all they could do is put buffs on the player, which is still beatable, unlike rigging the game itself.

And no, you don't need to explain how they did something as long as you can prove that they did. Saying "you're cheating" on a whim isn't proof. But if a person ends up with 5 aces in their hand, you know they're cheating, even if you don't know which specific spell they used.
>>
>>153739334
Because fuck your loli fanservice butchering adaptations.
>>
>>153743792
The light novel had better loli fanservice!?
>>
>>153742013
>no comment on character behavior outside of tropes
>no comment on world building
>no comment on story progression

Please anon, try harder next time.
>>
>>153744125
The LN illustrations are top-tier lewd.
>>
>>153743668
How /a/ call them?
Hatefags?
>>
>>153744189
"Contrarians".
>>
>>153744203
Ooooh I like that word.
>>
Because the only protag that can pull off "LMAO IT WAS MY PLAN ALL ALONG :^}" asspulls and not have it be painful is probably Joseph.
>>
>>153744414
The only thing painful is the fact that you missed that four. The series was great to watch and the plans behind how they were always winning is what made it fun. When you think about most characters in anime they usually always win anyways but most people just refuse to see that because it works for them.
>>
>>153739334
I enjoyed the ride, it was nothing special, but very entertaining. I would certainly watch another season.
>>
>>153740848

Nobody fucking cares. LN is still selling great.
>>
File: IMG_6345.jpg (194KB, 1024x1124px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6345.jpg
194KB, 1024x1124px
>>153742726
You obviously don't know the rules of the universe they're in. If some uppity magical overconfident wizard challenged them to a card game like that first of all they'd already likely be informed of the magic the wizard could do considering they're the king and queen and they can make up a rule or stipulation of their own for the game because they were challenged and that single rule or stipulation would be the downfall of the overconfident wizard because they'd use to completely turn the rigged game of the wizard in their favor and if they made the challenge they'd be able to set pretty much all the rules so easy win. Beating magic wouldn't be impossible if you actually used your brain for the one rule you get to make for the game.
>>
File: IMG_6346.jpg (74KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6346.jpg
74KB, 1024x576px
>>153743444
You might be able to thing of several ways magic can win but remember that in this universe if you make the game and challenge somebody they get to create a rule that you have to follow and that's exactly what they'd use to beat you and you'd be so overconfident in your game their rule wouldn't even seem like a big deal to you until they beat you with it.
>>
>>153744645
2/2
Think about it. Basically two hyper computers that specifically specialize in games of all kinds getting to make a rule in your game. I wouldn't be so confident in magic.
>>
>>153744803
Also if you created a game with zero percent chance of them winning they simply wouldn't play.
>>
>>153744867
This most likely wouldn't be a problem though considering they can make a rule it's pretty much a guarantee there's a chance they can win anything.
>>
You'd literally have to play them in a game that already exists for even have any sort of a chance and you'd be at a huge disadvantage even with magic and if you created your own game it's pretty much over. They'd probably think up hundreds of loopholes in your game before you even finished explaining the rules.
>>
>>153743355
manga is pretty much abandoned, don't bother
>>
File: IMG_6226.jpg (21KB, 619x302px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6226.jpg
21KB, 619x302px
>>153745078
If you want I can continue the manga? I wouldn't mind.
>>
Watched the first 2 episodes and didn't think the characters where interesting at all.

And this is coming from someone who mostly watches SoL bullshit.
>>
>>153745276
>And this is coming from someone who mostly watches SoL bullshit.

well duh
>>
>>153745276
>episode 2

Why don't you try and take some of your ADHD medication and give the series and characters a little more time.
>>
>>153742087
https://exhentai.org/s/131ad53025/1027565-14

Pretty sure it isn't cannon
>>
Show would be so much better if it wasnt for the fucking bloom.
>>
>>153743396
This reddit invasion is going to kill /a/, reddit memes and emojis have started popping up everywhere.
>>
Akagi was better
>>
>>153742013
>but don't pretend it's some unique [...] series.
Looks to me that you simply consider all isekai to be the exact same because they are isekai. Thats not really how it works, though.
>>
>>153745713
No, you're just being stupid. People who use Reddit think the way /a/ works is stupidity I know for a fact I think the way Reddit works is stupid. It's too big of a change for using both to ever be considered normal for more than maybe 2% of people.
>>
If you think NGNL was dumb, then I think you must not have understood a lot of it. Obviously it's not an "artsy" anime, nor does it take itself very seriously, but the jokes and the writing were clever. I'm not even sure why this is a contentious point of view. Are you guys ashamed of liking NGNL or something, so you have to qualify your opinion by saying something mean about it to go along with admitting you liked it? I don't get it.

If you think NGNL is stupid, then please prove you both watched and understood the anime by explaining the Rock/Paper/Scissors scene to me.
>>
>>153748541
I don't think it's explainable though?
>>
>>153739334
Some people were spaming "NGNL is reddits AOTS/AOTY" with some screenshots on /a/ while it was airing and I think that triggered a lot of people into hating it.
Thread posts: 220
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.