[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you guys ever have a phase were you just didn't watch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

Did you guys ever have a phase were you just didn't watch any anime for months and years?

Haven't really kept up with the last 2-3 seasons, how do I overcome?

pic unrelated
>>
File: 1395703973107.jpg (211KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1395703973107.jpg
211KB, 1920x1080px
You can start by watching any anime that came out in the last 2-3 seasons.
>>
>>153735344
Is this some sort of attempt at humor or are you that dense?
>>
I'm in a similar situation, but for me I just have phases where I binge on one hobby until I burn out and then binge on another as I'm cooling down. Granted, I'll dip into the other hobbies here and there but will ultimately focus on one. Went from anime, to western TV to Hip-Hop albums, to books ,to video games, and now back to anime over the past year.
>>
>>153735580
With it's more that I was busy with University stuff and when I came back the backlog was just a bit overwhelming.
>>
>>153735247

Hit that phase about 4 years ago, never fully recovered. I switched more heavily to manga in turn.

What did you like about anime in the first place? Moeshit, haremshit, gag comedies? Personally, I just sporadically watch shows that stray away from the extremely generic anime tropes & clichés (Ping Pong the Animation is an example, but that is almost 3 years ago).

Got called a fag for getting "tired of my hobby", but there's not much hype left after beginning to watch anime in 2006. I guess the best way is to always hold out hope for series you loved.

Never thought Code Geass would get another season, so it's the only hype I have after all this time.

Maybe there will be season 3 for Chinese Batman: The Electric Bugaloo or Spicy Wolf.
>>
>>153735247
You are cured, be happy. Do yourself a favour and don't return here ever again.
>>
>>153735647
Just take it one show at a time. No need to rush. You're going to die before you finish doing all of the things you want to do. Even if you master watching 5 series at once whilst speed reading two braille books with your feet there will always be more. With that in mind, it's better to just take it slow. Let your whims gravitate you towards shit you really wanna do and then savor it.
>>
>>153735247
I got burned out in 2014 and called it quits for a few months but eventually found something I liked and it hasn't been a problem since.
>>
>>153736205
I used to watch pretty much everything, aside from mecha and overtly fanservice heavy stuff.

I think it's just that I tried to jump back into watching and hit a couple of very shitty shows, looking at you Re:Zero.
>>
>>153737398
Depending on how long you've been following anime and how fast you watch through them, you could try looking up previous shows done by directors/studios you've enjoyed before.

Could give you a break with some shows you're more likely to enjoy and give you some time to see some newer shows come out to pique your interest. This method got me through for quite some time and made me understand the differences between each studio's style & quirks (i.e. SHAFT's presentation, GAINAX's endings, BONES action scenes, etc.)
>>
>>153735247
I've never really watched seasonal shit. But I used to watch a lot more. I mostly stick with manga now.
>>
>>153735247
Last year I went for a few months withtout watching anything more than the odd Naruto non-filler episode, when I was busy with school and an MMO sucking a lot of my time.
>>
>>153735247
I go through periods of only rewatching stuff.
>>
>>153735247
Yes, I usually go on breaks when the fanservice/nudity is lacking. Sometimes I don't even bother watching some anime until the BD releases for this very reason. Seems nudity is showing up less and less these past few seasons. It sucks, guess I'm a dying breed.
>>
>>153735247
You must watch anime that really interest you, either you rewatch that anime is fine too.

Also, remember that anime isn't a race cause this will make you down even more.
>>
>>153735247
i'm acutely aware that anime is my escapism, so when i'm doing alright i tend to not watch anything

it doesnt happen often
>>
File: 1345588498116.png (66KB, 419x277px) Image search: [Google]
1345588498116.png
66KB, 419x277px
>>153735247
>Did you guys ever have a phase were you just didn't watch any anime for months and years?
I'm doing it right now.
It seems teen romance is the trend nowadays. Utter shit like kuzu no honkai and kimi no nawa sells and /a/ loves it.
>>
>>153735247
I only watch anime around three times a year
I'm 12 seasons behind at least

>How do I overcome
You learn to pick only the things that really really interest you and watch only those
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.