[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What I'm in for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 11

File: image.jpg (116KB, 736x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116KB, 736x540px
I will watch gunbuster for the first time to watch die buster after I'm in for a good trip ?
>>
>>153733587
Diebuster was better
>>
>>153733587
Aaand why the fuck the mechas are flexing
>>
Yep, you are. Get strapped in for some SUMISSSUUU and lotsa fun.
>>
Gunbuster > Diebuster
>>
HARD WORK AND GUTS
>>
File: Shitbuster.png (1MB, 859x1055px) Image search: [Google]
Shitbuster.png
1MB, 859x1055px
>>153733587
Watch Ace wo nerae instead. Gunbuster is not good.
>>
>>153733755
16 minutes in and I'm seeing what you are talking about
>>
>>153733587
>a dumb action OVA
>minimal action
>random ripping off of the forever war
>emotional women
that sums it up
>>
>>153734149
Of all the things you could accuse it of ripping off, the Forever War is one of the silliest, considering it didn't invent time dilation.
>>
So this series is a weg with a final image that says problems of light speed traveling
>>
>>153735364
This series is a weg with a final image of a turd
>>
It's a show about women almost failing to protect humanity because they are too busy thinking about coach's dick.
>>
So i finished gunbuster I have to ask some questions

What was the point in going to that sun? They didn't do anything and lured them to earth

Even as last resource they created a fucking blackhole near earth what was the point in destroying them if the black hole will do their job eventually

Why the last chapter was in black and white

Why did they went full retard and destroyed the center of the Galaxy

Is this anime kino?
>>
>>153738282
The last chapter is probably the greatest thing Gainax ever created.
>>
>>153738282
>What was the point in going to that sun? They didn't do anything and lured them to earth
I just watched this the other day, and this is what bothered me the most. That whole part made no sense. It would make sense if they had to retreat due to huge losses, but it's portrayed as if it's a minor skirmish and they have minor losses.
>>
>>153738282
>Why did they went full retard and destroyed the center of the Galaxy
To get rid of the space aliens home to stop their attacks for good
>>
>>153739245
Die buster exist, and what the fuck how can she talk in space ?
>>
>>153739492
Diebuster is a prequel
>>
File: 1484643716055.jpg (13KB, 259x206px) Image search: [Google]
1484643716055.jpg
13KB, 259x206px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ur4SB_F3AE
>>
File: 11873764.jpg (164KB, 470x458px) Image search: [Google]
11873764.jpg
164KB, 470x458px
>>153739940
>Diebuster is a prequel
???
>>
>>153740039
It's a prequel and a sequel.
>>
>>153733587
There are some nice tits in it for you
>>
>>153733587
KOCHI !
>>153738282
They never really plan for the black hole bomb. As you can see in the anime, their technology level at the start and end of the "war" are completely different. They also needed vast amount of ressources in order to make that bomb (that thing is fucking huge). It's a desperate last resort measure that has been made in the last part of the war.

Last chapter is in black and white because fuck if I know, I heard that it was because they couldn't manage coloring it and I also heard that it was Anno's choice (wich is more believable).
>>
Holy SHIT there were DB science lessons? I had no idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPTMd6_OdC8
>>
Still love watching this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0vCY3I5yxo
>>
>>153739492
If I remember well, in the first half they mainly fight the anti-space monster defence system wich pick up topless as space monsters (because they use the same energy as the source of their power).
Then they wake up an old space monster and it turns out that thousands of years of war against their own defence system kinda weakened it, wich allow a space monster strong enough to "eat" the black hole to appear.

That's what I remember at least, I need to rewatch it.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (168KB, 952x713px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
168KB, 952x713px
>>153740288
>As you can see in the anime, their technology level at the start and end of the "war" are completely different
No kidding. I watched the GB science lessons yesterday and their battleships at the start ONLY used black holes to propel themselves through space at FTL speed. Their final ship didn't even move, it simply warped space around itself and required telepathic dolphins to maneuver.
>>
File: CeyqgZwXIAEMG8h.png (174KB, 600x390px) Image search: [Google]
CeyqgZwXIAEMG8h.png
174KB, 600x390px
>>153739492
Diebuster does not exist. Gainax would never do something like digging up an old property and then try to actively ruin it. That would just be foolish.
>>
>>153740643
FLCL 2 soon
>>
>>153740288
It was indeed Anno's choice to use black and white to convey a greater sense of scale.
>>
>>153740288
>Last chapter is in black and white because fuck if I know

I just figured it was an artsy decision. It definitely made the episode stand out.

I remember thinking there was something wrong with the copy of the episode I downloaded, looking for a color version, then finding out it was supposed to be that way.
>>
File: Gunbuster EP6v2 19.59.jpg (85KB, 952x716px) Image search: [Google]
Gunbuster EP6v2 19.59.jpg
85KB, 952x716px
>>153741078
>It was indeed Anno's choice
I don't know if that accounts for the unfinished frames and sketchy montage of a final battle. I suspect budget or deadlines had something to do with it.
>>
>>153741169
I can't be assed to find the source of the quote but Anno has said it was for scale. Budget issues on an OVA are sort of an oxymoron anyway.
>>
>>153741169
i remember hearing somewhere that it was more expensive to do it in B&W
>>
>>153741169
The entire last episode is supposed to be letterboxed until the ending scene. That's why they didn't draw anything at the very top and bottom of each frame. You're not actually getting "more" by watching it without the black bars.

The best version is letterboxed blue-ray with original audio. Find it and watch that one.
>>
File: GUTS AND ETC.webm (3MB, 1916x1080px) Image search: [Google]
GUTS AND ETC.webm
3MB, 1916x1080px
>>153741341
>The best version is letterboxed blue-ray with original audio. Find it and watch that one.
Oh, that explains it. I'll do that sometime.

Also OP's pic reminded me that SOMEDAY I will learn how to stitch and animate this shot as one giant looping GIF or webm. Minus the mouth flapping, probably. It's going to happen.
>>
File: Lunar Tokyo.webm (3MB, 1916x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Lunar Tokyo.webm
3MB, 1916x1080px
>>153741661
This one stood out to me too on a recent watch-through, although it'd require a lot more cleaning up with all the lights in parallax.

Really, there are a lot of nicely-composed shots in this series.
>>
>>153733587
Do not watch diebuster, not worth it. Gunbuster >>> diebuster.
You are welcome.
>>
>>153742086
I liked Diebuster, but it does have more of a Gurren Lagann feel than a Gunbuster feel, so I can understand some people being put off.

I also love Diebuster's soundtrack. It's in my top 3 favorites.
>>
Everyone is this thread is a fucking Idiot.
Gunbuster is great. Diebuster is also great. However, they are completely different shows.
>>
>>153742262
Diebuster is the perfect example of the sequel doomsday scenario. As it's own thing it might've been decent but it has absolutely no business being related to Gunbuster.

Not even close to being similar to the original. Like it's on some sort of Exorcist 2 tip.
Finds a way to trample over something from the original. In Diebuster's case it would be ruining the ending to Gunbuster.
Completely different crew
Decades apart
>>
>>153743492
>As it's own thing it might've been decent but it has absolutely no business being related to Gunbuster.
speak for yourself. The end alone justified it perfectly.
>>
>>153740586
has anyone translated the new Science lessons of GB and DB?
>>
I think Diebuster is fine but you shouldn't watch it right after Gunbuster, you have to wait at least for some months until you can watch it as an homage to the first series and without too much expectations. This way, it should hit home.
If you wait and never find yourself thinking something along the lines of "Damn, Gunbuster was good... I still need these kind of feelings in my life" then you won't like it.
>>
all I remember about gunbuster was the bath scene and crying at the ending. all I remember about diebuster was crying to the same ending.
>>
It's nice to marathon these back to back, but giving yourself a little break so that the finale of diebuster ties in with gunbuster after a bit of a break on your end makes sense too. I watched it all in one day, couldn't stop. There's some budget/scheduling issues towards the end of gunbuster but you'll probably not be able to stop watching like I wasn't. The sciency stuff in gunbuster gets toned down quite a bit in diebuster and it becomes more over the top action-y. Both excellent.
>>
I felt asleep but will finish die buster today, but I have more questions,

why is she a robot?

This is set in what date?

What does it means that is a prequel and a sequel?

What happened to the black hole close to earth ?
>>
>>153738282

I really liked the B&W choice. Made it feel kind of special.
>>
>>153748828
>This is set in what date?
>What does it means that is a prequel and a sequel?

The answers to these are spoilers. You'll find out in the last episode
>>
>>153738282
>Why the last chapter was in black and white

Gainax ran out of budget and had to do it in B&W.
>>
I accidentally watched Diebuster first, before I even knew about Gunbuster. I didn't really cry at the ending, but when I finally got around to watching Gunbuster, I probably cried twice as hard then instead.
>>
>>153749154
B&W is more expensive than color.
>>
File: 1357995714208.png (881KB, 1100x500px) Image search: [Google]
1357995714208.png
881KB, 1100x500px
>>153733587
Something like this. Diebuster wasn't good either.
>>
>>153733587
They're really different but both really good
>>
never forget ;_;7
>>
>>153751559
SIIIMIIIIIIIIIISUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
>>153740586
>Their final ship didn't even move, it simply warped space around itself and required telepathic dolphins to maneuver.
Telepathic humans and cyborg dolphins to compensate for the weakened causality around the ship due to rewriting reality.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.