[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: Death_Note.jpg (696KB, 2100x2100px) Image search: [Google]
Death_Note.jpg
696KB, 2100x2100px
What went wrong?
>>
Near
>>
File: p (8)~01.jpg (314KB, 964x645px) Image search: [Google]
p (8)~01.jpg
314KB, 964x645px
>>153695950
Nothing
>>
>>153695950
near happen
>>
>>153695950
Half of the people that watched the series thought L was the mc
>>
>>153695950
Kog still lives despite your best efforts
>>
>>153695950
second half was completely unnecessary
>>
It pandered to 12 year old girls.
>>
>>153696191
This. Honestly. Also the whole conflict was between L and Light. I get that the point of Near and Mello as that the sun of the parts is better then the whole or some shit, but no one likes them as much as L so its dumb. And when you see both L and Light fail you feel no satisfaction bc you wanted one of them to best the other one.
>>
>>153695950
it took it's self too serious to the point were it got depressing to watch. after episode 14-15, it just become suffering to watch because their was too much plot and death. I hated both the protagonist and antagonist at that point. It's a good anime watch in your teenage phase but rewatching it when your adult is pretty hard due to all the edginess. Killing people isn't entertaining nor is watching a complete psycho autist try an act like a god.
>>
>>153695950
Near and Mello happen
>>
>>153696191
Came to say this
>>
Plot holes and pseudo-science.
>>
>>153695950
He went down slippery slope to evil too fast. Most of the appeal of Light was that he was killing people who deserved to be killed, but about 4-5 episodes in it turned into killing police who couldn't really hurt him.
>>
>>153700740
But they could hurt his whole cause, which was the point. If you could end all wars and save millions of people, sacrificing a couple of bystanders seems like a cheap price to pay.
>>
>>153695950
He overdid it with the FBI guy in the beginning and he should have accepted the eyes from Ryuk, he failed to understand that with the Death Note's power he could easily increase his lifetime, imagine living up to 50 years with the power of the DN since you were 16, he'd be literally a God just like the one he wanted to become.
>>
>>153695950

Misa
>>
>>153695968
>>153697466
>>153695995

Near > L

What ruins the second half is Mello
>>
>>153701188
The only way to raise your lifespan is by killing a Death God, no? Not exactly something you'd want to bet your life on.
>>
>>153701188
Light is incredibly egotistical, he already thought he was a god and didn't need the eyes.
>>
>>153701378
I'm sure in the course of the next 30-40 years he could come up with some trick to kill one. Still, even if it turned out to be impossible, at least he would not have died young.
>>
>>153701468
He didn't know his lifespan, though. If your current remaining lifespan is 20 years and you halve it, suddenly you only have 10 years to accomplish everything. If it's 10, you then have 5 years to finish the job, which is obviously not enough. It's a big risk.
>>
>>153696270
Well L did win. He just couldn't live thought his plan for catching kira. Both die but L die with the sole reason of proving kira was light
>>
>>153701188
I thought at the end ryuk kill him because the death note turns you inmortal
>>
>>153701378

No, the only way for a human to increase their lifespan via Death Note would be for a shinigami to sacrifice themselves for that human, killing the shinigami in the process and transferring their lifespan to the human. Not something I would imagine Ryuk going along with willingly, and also not something he could be tricked into doing.
>>
Light was dumb, like really really dumb
How difficult can it be to use a hidden camera, film L and Watari and then whow it to Misa?
How difficult can it be to do the same with Near?
>>
>>153695950
Drawn out for too long. They shouldn't have done that second part.
>>
>>153695950
>there are plebs in this board who think something went wrong
What has happened to /a/?
>>
>>153695950
Him being killed by literally who's
>>
File: BAKUMAN.jpg (538KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
BAKUMAN.jpg
538KB, 1440x900px
The authors themselves made it clear.
In Bakuman, a manga about mangakas made by the same authors, there's a manga the protagonists are working in which is very comparable to Death Note. They have to decide between ending the story well with "Yagami" and "L" final fight or drag it longer adding third parties.

They finally decide the final fight is much more fitting. It seems like the authors regret what they did to Death Note and recognize it would be better if second part was scraped.
>>
>>153704592
Why is Mikami wearing a Light Yagami wig?
>>
>>153695950
The downward turn in quality began when Misa showed up.

The series was best when it was just Light vs L for those initial handful of episodes.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.