[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm rewatching higashi no eden. I forgot how great it is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 15033l.jpg (40KB, 225x319px) Image search: [Google]
15033l.jpg
40KB, 225x319px
I'm rewatching higashi no eden. I forgot how great it is
>>
>>153685577
It's shit.
>>
>>153685612
No it's not
>>
>>153685577
I've been watching it for the first time today, and it's really not that great. It had a strong start, but now it's meandering quite a bit ith directionless sideplots about the friends, and the actually Selecao plot hasn't been developed nearly enough for episode eight. And I've heard nothing but shit about the ending, let alone the movies, so I'm expecting it'll be fairly disappointing overall.
>>
>>153685657
Watch better anime.
>>
>>153685861
well I find it entertaining but that's cause I watched it when I was younger and nostalgia
>>
>>153685657
It is.
>>
>>153685577
Something Something Cinematic Timing.
>>
File: pantsu.jpg (33KB, 856x480px) Image search: [Google]
pantsu.jpg
33KB, 856x480px
/our guy/
>>
>>153685861
This is basically the whole thing in a nutshell.
The selecao premise and whole social commentary-intrigue setup is actually just an elaborate character introduction to what is essentially a josei romance about a quirky, cynical frump lusting after a charming rogue. The plot quickly becomes simply busywork to either give the main character an excuse to be close to her boytoy or an excuse for her to react in damsel-like-fashion to unusual circumstances outside of her control.

The show peaked during the Johnny Taker arc
>>
CINEMATIC TIMING
>>
File: 2016-02-10-15-19-03-17118100.jpg (109KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-10-15-19-03-17118100.jpg
109KB, 1280x720px
>>153688111
Can't believe he died

checked
>>
>>153685861
Well, I just wrapped up the TV series, and it was even more disappointing than I was expecting. What the fuck was that? "Spend the rest of my money to make me king," whatever the fuck that even means, and then that weird dial tone from the beginning, the end. I'm a little scared to see how the movies could make this worse.

>>153688414
The Johnny Taker arc was trash, though. Three damn episodes devoted to some rescue arc for a guy we barely care about from a villain we absolutely don't care about, and then it's not even him. Also, I think you're really reaching with your description of it as a josei romance. Akira was indisputably the MC, the selecao shit was still the major focus (it just didn't progress at a fast enough pace for the eleven episode timespan they had), and the social commentary was some of the worst parts about it, anyway - the NEETs and job market shit were retarded, I don't see why you'd have wanted more of that.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.