[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lucky Star

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9

File: Capture.jpg (143KB, 1720x957px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
143KB, 1720x957px
Rewatching Lucky Star. It really is a product of its time, most of the jokes are really dated.
>>
Moe isn't made to be enjoyed outside of the season it airs.
>>
>>153679241
I still very much enjoy shit like K-On or Azumanga Daioh. Lucky Star relied too much on referential humor which isn't a bad thing but really lowers its value after 10 years.
>>
File: 2231.jpg (131KB, 1516x956px) Image search: [Google]
2231.jpg
131KB, 1516x956px
Also, I remember Kagami's voice being more tsundere-ish, her voice is too soft by today's standards of how a tsundere should sound like.
>>
I regularly rewatch Lucky Star and I dropped K-On on episode 6
>>
>>153679896
Me too pretty much, think I watched a coupe more episodes of k-on.
>>
>>153679241
True moe is timeless. The problem is when moe chases fads and becomes dated.
>>
File: 1466074957576.png (293KB, 442x483px) Image search: [Google]
1466074957576.png
293KB, 442x483px
>>153679241
>>
>>153679896
I dropped on whatever episode was Yui cramming for a test.
>>
>>153679391
I watched it a single time, in 2008. From what I remember there was lot of referential humor but mostly things like Dragon Ball, Street Fighter, Haruhi, Initial D etc. It's not like it was making jokes based on the flavor of the season haremshit or some obscure VN.
I tried reading a bit of the manga scanlations recently, and quickly dropped it mainly because I think translated 4-koma is fucking shit. But it also made a very different impression on me than the anime in its time.
I think it's because I was new to anime in 2008 and Lucky Star wad like a sort of "guide" to the otaku culture. I was laughing at that weird blue-haired nerd and I felt happy whenever I was able to get a reference.
Now I realize that I've become the same kind of person Konata is, that most of the reference are very mainstream and many of the jokes are unoriginal.
In short, I think Lucky Star is a good watch when you're just starting anime and want a taste of what a 4-koma adaptation with cute girls is like. But later you realize it's nothing special and like it mostly out of nostalgia.

I still need to rewatch it though, maybe it has some great qualities in the directing that I don't remember.
>>
Kagami a best.
>>
File: adorable_kagami_for_shin.png (791KB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
adorable_kagami_for_shin.png
791KB, 1936x2592px
All I remember about Lucky Star is thatI watched the whole thing, loved it, knew that namefag shin used to post on /a/ a lot, loved Kagami, and I drew her for him back in 2011, and he really appreciated it.

God I'm old. Hope he still has it.
>>
Konata is very mean to Kagami sometimes.
>>
You have shit taste.

t. watched it 10 times
>>
>>153679189
I rewatched it during new years, liked it way more than my first time. Even episode 1 was enjoyable.
>>
>>153684795
But which side of the chocolate cornet is the head?
>>
>>153679189
More like the "jokes" were stale fom day one and they are not magically fixing themelves over time.
>>
>>153685042
The pointy one.
>>
File: 1449363784509.png (462KB, 478x720px) Image search: [Google]
1449363784509.png
462KB, 478x720px
>>153679241
Disagree. Moe is fine to watch outside of the season it airs because there's nothing to really talk about anyway. Watching a drama heavy show with lots of action and twists out of season is what sucks. Only bonus is that you can marathon the show.
>>
>>153679241
Would be pretty bad business strategy since why would anyone buy bds then?
>>
>>153685042
Honestly I don't understand how anyone could think of eating it tail-first. Unless there is barely any filling, you take the risk of spilling it. Then when you reach the end of the cornet you're left with only a ring of bread and it becomes hard to hold it without putting chocolate on your fingers, unless you're using both of your hands like an autistic anime girl.
It's almost as weird as eating an ice-cream cone from the pointy end.
>>
Lucky Star is a miracle of the universe. Definitely one of my top 5 moe anime along with K-On!. Downloaded all their character image albums and karaoke ending songs.

Tsukasa made a very deep impression of a how a cute, ditzy girl sounded like. Her VA was glorious, as well as Yutaka's. Both are very cute along with all the casts.
>>
File: LuckyChannelAshtray01.gif (451KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
LuckyChannelAshtray01.gif
451KB, 500x281px
>>153679189

I don't agree.

Lucky Star was the first anime I ever saw. I enjoyed it very much. When I watched it again last year, I realized that the show was crammed with otaku references I was oblivious to during my initial watch, but I thought it still held up.

I think there is a lot to enjoy regardless of whether you get the references or not.

Plus, Lucky Channel is a masterpiece.
>>
Making webms as I rewatch. When will gookmoot allow sound webms?

https://u.nya.is/prmcdd.webm
https://u.nya.is/bfilqu.webm
>>
>>153679189
Do people really watch anime the same way they'd watch a late-night comedy show, expecting all the humor to be about current events?
>>
>>153686490
One thing that keeps me awake at night was this scene. She just threw a fucking ashtray at Shirashi. Like I don't know it kinda seemed inappropriate. But still I bet Akira is a tsundere that is very deeply in love with Shiraishi despite showing lots of her tsun side on screen.
>>
>>153687333
Maybe because she kinda looks too young to smoke?
>>
>>153687387
Isn't she really an adult that justs acts like a cute little idol? That's why she gets out of character whenever Shirashi gets the spotlight. And damn Shiraishi took a lot of abuse from her during the whole anime. Their duo seemed like a bad Hitagi-Araragi relationship.
>>
>>153687688
Yeah, I know, but it still creates a visual incongruity. That's why I said she "looks" too young to smoke.
>>
Just recently watched this show and absolutely loved every bit of it. I don't really get why /a/ never seems to talk about this more often. Is it that it didn't age well or there a few moefags on /a/ lately?
>>
>>153679241
Moe works at any time. What doesn't work forever are industry jokes and references. LS was a very 2007 series. If you tried to watch a politics comedy sketch from that era, it'd feel dated too.
>>
>>153688361
Eh, I dunno, some political jokes never really die either.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.