[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SAO general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: sa.jpg (101KB, 1135x525px) Image search: [Google]
sa.jpg
101KB, 1135x525px
Season 1 was awesome, but why is season 2 so shitty a/?
>>
File: 1486359339704.png (248KB, 652x624px) Image search: [Google]
1486359339704.png
248KB, 652x624px
>>153669865
>season 1
>awesome
>>
>>153669865
At least it was a faitful adaptation.
>>
>>153669865
I didn't really care for the first half of season 2 (though Sinon was great), but I did really like the Excalibur and Mother's Rosario arcs.
>>
>>153669865
GGO is my favorite
>>
File: 1459057012592.jpg (27KB, 373x368px) Image search: [Google]
1459057012592.jpg
27KB, 373x368px
It's game time!
>>
File: _.jpg (134KB, 555x604px) Image search: [Google]
_.jpg
134KB, 555x604px
>Season 1 was awesome
>>
>>153669865
I think it's more mixed actually, and it's better to refer to arcs then seasons

SAO arcs was awesome
Alfheim arc was shit
GGO arc was OK
Excalibur arc was OK (and short)
Rosario arc was Awesome
>>
>>153670107
Atem is probably the only character whose MC powers would surpass Kirito's.
>>
File: 1487521566575.jpg (120KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1487521566575.jpg
120KB, 1920x1080px
>>153669865
>SAO
>awesome
>>
>>153669865
>Season 1 was awesome
It was okay. Not really awesome but okay. Internet reviewers will have you believe it's utterly irredeemable shit though.
>>
>>153669865
because instead of RPG they start playing FPS, and shooters are shit
>>
>>153669865
Because the story should have just ended there. The hero won, saved the girl, beat the bad guy, and freed everyone from the game. GG, next show.

Instead they decided to stretch it out a but more because reasons.
>>
Honestly I think the most interesting part of SAO was the last arc of S2
>>
>>153669865
they butchered Sinon's ass and wrote her off after one arc
>>
>>153669865

Because the Japanese are prone to ruining things and Manga/LN are the worst mediums due to the norms associated with them, so adaptations from them are going to be shit.

The norm of Manga/LN is that it is okay to "indefinitely serialize" i.e. produce for as long as possible. A proper story has a beginning, a middle, and an ending. When you indefinitely serialize a story, the middle gets stretched out and destroys the meaning of the beginning and the end of the story or makes them logically irrelevant so that by the time you get there no one cares.

How many arcs can you remove from Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, etc-- and have them only minimally effect the story? How many can you do from SAO? That's the problem. There are too many chunks made irrelevant and barely connected to the larger story.

Rather than a story, they are a hybrid between SOL and plot.

SAO's original story was complete. It was made incomplete because it is acceptable to continue a successful story as long as possible for financial gain, even at the cost of its integrity.
>>
The worlds in SAO were kinda interesting (except for that fairyland fuckery), but the characters were absolute shit.

It's like showcasing a series of race tracks, but instead of race cars driving on them, its senior citizens on mobility scooters.

The one that hasn't totally succumbed to alzheimer's is lauded as a god of racing, and then they move onto the next one once their batteries have died instead of finishing the race.

2nd half of S2 was an attempt at polishing up these turds, but they've already lost that shine.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.