[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anime need less pandering?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

Does anime need less pandering?
>>
Maybe. Maybe not. All depends on how it is executed and the nature of the particular story.
>>
Some anime do, but anime in general doesn't.
>>
To survive, it does. To break ground, it needs originality.
>>
>>153630260
But there are already plenty of series with absurd amounts of pandering that are dead, so that already proves that has nothing to do with it's survival
>>
>>153630099
Nope. They should pander to their fans more.
>>
>pandering makes money
>studios need money to make anime

not all anime needs to cater to its fans but some can and the story won't suffer for it. few studios can afford to not pander. as long as they put out high quality stuff idgaf
>>
>>153630099
Fanservice is the sole line of defence anime has against normalfags.
>>
What's so pandering and fanservicey about a 17 year old girl in a swimsuit?

It's not anime's fault you're a pedophile.
>>
>>153634001
She's thrusting forward and pulling her wetsuit open, showing off the goods
If that's not pandering I donwt knwo what is
>>
>>153634286
She's just airing out her chest, perv.

What, you never pull your shirt apart to dry out your chest hair?
>>
>>153634448
Can't say I have, but I suppose that was insensitive of me to assume she was being an exhibitionist. Please forgive me.
>>
>>153630157
/thread
>>
Having fan service isn't a problem unless that's the only thing going for a character (looking at you Kanan). As long as you develop your characters and write a good story then a little fan service is alright.
>>
>>153630099

it's needs more variety. Pandering shows are fine to exist and thrive but some of the money they earn can also be put towards other projects. Or at least that would be nice but ultimately the industry will follow the money.
>>
>>153634001
>fanservicey
>anime's
>>
>>153633926
This. If we had less fanservice, normal people would swarm anime and wouldn't be embarrassed to talk about it in public.
Anime worked hard to build up this barrier so patricians could talk about it in peace.
>>
>>153630099

Define pandering Mr. faggot
>>
Yes it needs a lot less pandering. The crowd that fan services attracts is not a crowd I want to be lumped in with. I don't think otaku culture is healthy. Some of my favourite anime really didn't need the fan service shown in it. It's disgustingly perverted because the girls are usually underage. Reminds me of the time I went to MechaCon and some of the geeky guys I saw walking around with pervy ass body pillows, hentai manga, and pervy figurines made me cringe. How are you okay with this behavior in public? Also I feel akward watching anime in public on my phone fearing that someone will see my phone and a very akward scene will be shown. Shouldn't I enjoy a fine art like anime without the gross fan service?
>>
>>153636662
One example that comes into mind is Kabaneri and AoT, they literally has the same premise.
>>
>>153636662
>normal people would swarm anime
But that already happened, look at the state of /a/, it's a breeding den for normalfags.
>>
>>153637626
I blame Fate/Zero and Attack on Titan.
Fate/Zero most of all brought the "mature anime" seeking audience somehow, in spite of it not really representing that.
>>
It helps keep the normies away it might bring in the degenerates though.
>>
File: nice bait.png (217KB, 843x271px) Image search: [Google]
nice bait.png
217KB, 843x271px
>>153637170
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.