[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A thread for us to understand what's happening to Evangelion.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 61469776_p1_master1200.jpg (3KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
61469776_p1_master1200.jpg
3KB, 320x320px
A thread for us to understand what's happening to Evangelion. Here's something I found from Anno:

>Anno explained that the TV version of Rei was overwhelmingly more attractive because she was a mystery, however, by the time that the series was complete, she was known to the fans. In light of that, the movies opted to work more with Asuka and the fans caught on.

So what do we know happened? We know that

A - Despite what Anno suggests, Rei was FAR more popular than Asuka for more than a decade after NGE ended (and still is, if we consider just NGE)
B - Rei is a character that is more featured in the Rebuilds, and it is not possible that Anno could have worked more with Asuka

So what did the fans catch on to? It can't be the great character development of Asuka, because she's a pretty bad character in Rebuild. It can't be more screentime or focus.

Therefore, it can only be that they worked with Asuka to make her more popular, by erasing negative traits from the original depiction and adding new traits the old and new fans will like, increasing Asuka's fanbase. I'd argue that simultaneously, they've done the opposite to Rei. Not only have they directly attacked the mystery of Rei by forcing in answers to them, they've also deliberately chosen the answers that cater to Asuka fans - despite how these answers make no sense.

So isn't Anno full of shit here? He's clearly denying the part he's had in changing how popular these characters are. So this is why the rebuilds suck.
>>
>>153548211
I'm pretty sure Anno doesn't care too much about the popularity of individual characters.

He gives so few fucks about Eva that he made rebuild. He's just goofing around and not taking it seriously. It is no longer a character study but just some random action movies.
>>
>>153548321
except it's not random, I agree it sucks but it's clearly favoring for instance kaworu or asuka over rei: >>153548299

plus what anno says makes no sense, as if he's trying to divert attention
>>
>Rebuild
who cares, they suck by default
go jerk it off to original series, like all sane people do
>>
Did the kaworufag pots get deleted, or was the kawrofag so embarrased he deleted it himself?
>>
>>153548591
a lot of people I'd say, there's a lot of talk around the rebuilds. The reason they suck is because Anno is actually trying to ruin characters like Rei and pander too much. I care.
>>
I mean the original series made clear what was Rei, she was the plot twist of the story, Asuka got just undertones in her plot.

Rebuild can't focus on Rei again becouse we already know what she is, so the new focus is Asuka, and the pink girl that I don't remember how is called.
>>
>>153548753
For me the reason they suck is because they exist. And what exactly will you get by making threads on 4chan about how much Rebuilds suck and how much of a panderer Anno is?
>>
File: usuka.png (60KB, 456x570px) Image search: [Google]
usuka.png
60KB, 456x570px
>>153548211
asuka best girl
>>
>>153548823
That's not true though, Rebuild focuses a lot on Rei. More than NGE focused on Asuka too.

Asuka had no mystery in her original character either, she was a plain jane with mommy issues. In the rebuild she's changed to an angel like rei or somthing, possibly.

It's clear anno is responsible for the changes in the characters

>>153548854
clarity? what do you get out of it? you don't care either way.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.