[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So does SAO get better after the 1st season or does it get shittier

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Sword Art Online art.jpg (112KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Sword Art Online art.jpg
112KB, 1280x720px
So does SAO get better after the 1st season or does it get shittier from there?

Can we finally talk about SAO on /a/ in a calm manner?
>>
>It can't get worse than that.
Yes,it can and it will.
>>
>>153533601
>Can we finally talk about SAO on /a/ in a calm manner?
Why would you want that?
>>
>>153533722
SAO's 1st half of S1 was good , when will /a/ admit it?
>>
>>153534600
I don't think anyone actually disagrees with that.

The basic idea is there and interesting, and the first couple of episodes introduced that concept of the environment that the people have adapted to.

Then they revealed how "OP" beta testers, and Kirito, were.
>>
>>153534600
>Kirito-kun at his most OP
>deus ex Yui
>glop
>Kirito and Asuna wish themselves back to life
>villain forgets why he even trapped them in the game

Yeah, nah.
>>
SAO's quality is inversely proportional to how much it focuses on Kirito and how much his Gary Stu-ness is relevant to the overall plot. In that sense S2 is better overall- GGO is decent enough and Mother's Rosario is the best part of the whole series by virtue of not being about Kirito at all.
>>
File: 1487099463817.jpg (15KB, 638x361px) Image search: [Google]
1487099463817.jpg
15KB, 638x361px
>>153533601
No, SAO is shit
>>
>>153533601
>So does SAO get better after the 1st season or does it get shittier from there?
No.
No, its bait at this point.
>>
>>153533601

Of course not, newfag. That's not the /a/ way.
>>
>>153534600
>SAO's 1st half of S1 was good
SAO was never good, it's not really contrarianism, it's just bad in almost every aspect really.
>>
>>153533601
The first episode of SAO is the best episode. After that it only gets worse. Trust me.
Only things good about SAO are the concept, the setting and the animation. The execution of the story is garbage.
I don't know why I still watched everything
>>
File: 1468630940003.png (881KB, 833x707px) Image search: [Google]
1468630940003.png
881KB, 833x707px
>>153533601
I actually liked S2 more than S1
>>
>>153539151
I feel the same way. The fight against the first dungeon boss in the first or second episode was actually really cool. But that was the only decent thing about it, everything after was crap.
>>
out of everything, i felt gun gale was the best. it had the clearest plot direction with sinon being basically the only character to develope through the entire series. ehich is more than can be said about the rest of the arcs
>>
>>153540343

You have incredibly shit taste and should kill yourself.
>>
They should animate Sword Art Online progressive.
>>
>>153540691

Just for the somewhat limited pantsu works scene, I agree.
>>
>>153534600
It wasn't as shit as the second half, but it's still garbage.

How can one look at the episodes with them living with a virtual daugther in the woods who turns out to be an advanced game ai and think this is good?
>>
Great world building but poor plot, at least in the early volumes.

Admittedly though it's hard to maintain a good plot when you lose the high stakes tension from when they were stuck in Sword Art Online, because then you have to create scenarios that match those stakes in some way.

Though because the series took off and made sales with how SAO is written it's just one big cash cow now. You're able to have spin off stories for ALO and GGO and even revisit SAO with the Progressive series.

I haven't even read the Alicization arc, so I can't say anything about it even reading the spoilers, but it really says something about the series' success when you drag out an arc for 10~ volumes, just as long if not longer than every arc combined before it, and still say there's more Kirito to come in the future.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.