[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Haruhi Beyond the Anime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: HaruhiSuzumiya.jpg (26KB, 270x394px) Image search: [Google]
HaruhiSuzumiya.jpg
26KB, 270x394px
I'm a casual anime fan at best, so I pretty much only watch something once I've heard overwhelmingly positive opinions about it.
That being said I have just finished, "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya," and its accompanying movie.

I thought it was a fun time up until the point when I realized that there was no real ending, I looked it up and sure enough the story goes on!
Here's my question, do I try to read the light novel/ manga?

How many of you guys have actually stuck with the story until the very end?

Is it worth it?

I hate it when only a part of a story gets adapted.
It's like if they only made the first two Lord of the Rings movies and then said, "read the last book if you want to find out how it ends."

Anyways, I'll appreciate any and a opinions on the matter, Thanks.
>>
It hasn't even ended and the author is dead. Fuck off.
>>
>>153527450
Thank you for this informative response.
>>
>>153527370
Dropped it after the first season, of which there was only one funny episode among 13 godawful ones. I've heard the movie is much better so I'll check it out, but I otherwise have no interest in the series, especially not endless eight.
>>
>>153527827
Be sure to watch bamboo rhapsody first. The first episode of season 2 at the very least before starting on the movie.

The movie is indeed the best part of the franchise.

Season 1 is also extremely well made but something must have set you off for disappointment.
>>
>>153529291
The only episode that made me laugh was the one where they were making the movie for the culture festival, which I'll admit was hilarious. The rest ranged from mediocre to pure shit.
>>
>>153527370
I would suggest you read the light novels. There are 11 of them so far and the are really enjoyable and easy to read. Keep in mind that there is no real ending to the books either and the author Nagaru Tanigawa haven't provided any updates on a twelfth book
>>
>>153527370
Why do you need other people to tell you what you like?
Why do you ask a question and immediately tell other anons which answer you want to hear?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.