[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shakugan no Shana

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Is this anime like Zero no Tsukaima?
>>
>>153526174
Kinda, but a couple of orders of magnitude better.

The plot is way more interesting that ZnT. The worldbuilding is great and you actually care about what happens inthe story. Sadly, the pacing is not very well done, where the second season's first half is a massive waste of time, and the whole 3rd season is rushed as fuck.

The characters are also a lot bettter, specially the main girl Shana. It's the same archetype tsundere but she's a lot less violent, more likeable, reasonable, and she actually holds her own weight in the story. Her relationship with the MC develops very naturally and she's all around a great girl.

If you enjoyed ZnT, I'd say there are high chances you'll enjoy this one a lot more.
>>
Ah okay, thanks for that
>>
>>153526452
Also, there are 3 seaons and some OVAs. I don't remember if you should watch the OVAs after s1 or s2, but definitely watch them before s3. They add a lot of development between the characters.

And you can ignore the movie, its just a recap of s1 with a bit new animation.

Be sure to get some old school fansubs, you're gonna want to keep those de arimasu~.
>>
File: war.jpg (975KB, 2500x2723px) Image search: [Google]
war.jpg
975KB, 2500x2723px
>>153526174
Simple answer is no. They are different genres and have different plot.
>>
>>153526518
Hmm, the OVAs might have been what I was doing wrong with this show. I felt there was far too much of a genre shift between seasons 2 and 3, and completely dropped it a few episodes in. Which is a shame, because I realy did enjoy the worldbuilding and characters. Even though it draws so much influence from the Fate series it's not even funny.
Thanks for the pro tip. I may have to reevaluate my thoughts on this series.
>>
>>153527209
Shana 2002
Fate 2004
??
>>
>>153526174
Not really, same type of tsundere but she's actually reliable in a fight immediately and still powers up, plus the whole premise has no relationship whatsoever. ZnT was one of the first anime I've seen so it and Louise hold a special place in my heart.

I'm glad it's going to be finished and I'm surprised the LN hasn't been licensed yet
>>
>>153528143
(This is the OP poster)
I couldn't agree more with everything you said. ZnT was also my first anime and gave me a really nice memory of watching it. I also hope the LN gets licensed because I wanna read the hard copy
>>
>>153528143
>>153528354
I enjoyed ZnT but it goes downhill very fast after the first season. I can't help but feel like it was a massive wasted potential. The setting is quite interesting, with this fantasy world where there are slight glances of real world technology and people. And the MC is quite likeable and not too overpowered.

Sadly they overplayed the harem thing. The elf bitch is the worst character I've ever seen.

I hope in the end he ends up marrying (for real) the main girl, while keeping the queen as his mistress for the sake of the kingdom.
>>
JOINT > triangle = Hishoku no Sora = Serment > Light My Fire > being = Koubou = Akai Namida = Portamento > Yoake Umare Kuru Shoujo = ONE > All in Good Time = Tenjou wo Kakeru Monotachi > I'll believe = u/n > sense > Aka no Seijaku > BLAZE > Prophecy > Sociometry
>>
By "like ZnT" do you mean "femdom anime"
>>
>>153526174
Not really, Shana is not abusive.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.