[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shigeru Sugiura: Last of the Mohicans (Ten-Cent Manga)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

Hey. Scanned an English print of Sugiura Shigeru's The Last of the Mohicans. It's a pretty short read. I was reminded about it because Doron Chibimaru ( http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/doron-chibimaru-r20691 ) is being scanlated by an anon.

>Sugiura Shigeru (1908-2000) is widely regarded as one of the masters of Japanese comics. His 1953 adaptation of James Fenimore Cooper's The Last of the Mohicans sold over 60,000 copies, quickly establishing him as one of the most sought-after children's manga artists of the 50s. His popularity had faded by the mid-60s, but he made a comeback later in the decade with a number of highly surrealistic, collage-like works, and he chose to rework Mohicans in this new style in 1974. Considered a masterpiece of postwar manga, The Last of the Mohicans is as beautiful to look at as it is a delight to read. This PictureBox edition--the first book-length publication of Sugiura in English--is edited and translated by Ryan Holmberg, who also provides an introduction, and is the inaugural volume in PictureBox's Ten Cent Manga series, focusing on mass-produced genre works in Japanese postwar comics.

I'd like to scan the other books (Tezuka and Hayashi Seiichi), but they still go for retail price despite the publisher dying like three years ago.

There's a JPG that I batched, and the original scans (uploading) if someone feels like doing a proper clean of the book.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/hbvaa2962hr7p/

I haven't uploaded it to sekrit yet, so someone else can do that if they want to.
>>
>>153517916
> PictureBox's Ten Cent Manga series, focusing on mass-produced genre works
>mass-produced genre works
>Hayashi Seiichi
Wait, what?
>>
>>153518454

Hayashi's book isn't part of that line, just the same publisher.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.