[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

muh appraisal skill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 11

File: sakamoto666.png (408KB, 850x1208px) Image search: [Google]
sakamoto666.png
408KB, 850x1208px
>muh isekai
God, if Arifureta is generic, Dungeon Seeker is an off-brand bootleg plastic copy stamped out in a Chinese factory at five cents a unit.
>>
and yet the thread or isekai gary stu series would probably be at bump limit like the previous ones I've seen.
>>
Isekai protagonists are all the same
>minna-san, slavery is bad, okay?
>Let's take common knowledge from my previous life and change this world to be more like Japan nee~~.
>What? Polygamy?! You mean I can have 6 wives?!!!!
>Huh? What previous life? Japan who?
>>
>>153485221
You mean all isekai WN protagonists.
>>
>>153485221
is there exist such thing as a good isekai protagonist? izayoi and kazuma is the only likeable one i can think
>>
>>153485601
Define good.
>>
>>153485221
Oh, and adulthood begins at 15 so they can get married to their bananajimminy then
>>
>>153485644
likeable

isnt a whiny beta
>>
>>153485601
William from Faraway Paladin
>>
>>153484549
Arifureta manga so far seems much superior to dungeon seeker.
>>
So, how would you all dump exposition without an appraisal skill?
>>
>>153485761

Have a well-read wannabe-adventurer companion?
>>
>>153485601
Roland Mist. He's the King of Gentlemen. A Gentleman among Gentlemen, the legendary uncrowned king.
>>
>>153485761
I'd stop writing garbage stories based on video game logic.
>>
>>153485221
>No one has black hair unless they've come from Japan because reasons.
>Appraisal
>I'm living a happy life with a nice girl. Let's spend all my money on a super expensive elf slave.
>>
>>153485221
>Huh? What previous life? Japan who?
This isn't always a good thing sometimes its better for the mc to not go back. For example the way it was executed in bakemono no ko pissed me off to no end.
>>
>>153485761
Have the MC learn things like a normal person. Bring the items to the adventurer's guild or have someone teach him about things.
Ascendance of a bookworm does this well. MC has no idea about the new world and constantly messes unfamiliar things up.
>>
>>153485761
A wise old mentor teaches the MC basic knowledge. Plot important characteristics of items and people are described in books, mentioned in passing ahead of time as foreshadowing, or discovered through plot events that actually make use of and demonstrate these attributes.
>>
>>153485761

By observation and critical thinking instead of being fed information by a magical voice.
>>
>>153485601
Rudeus Greyrat after some character development.
>>
>>153485513

The fucking problem is that they have too much female characters. It would be great to read some where the MC has actually interesting male friends and enemies that outplay him. The excessive use of females ruins everything.
>>
>>153487035
Try the Faraway Paladin. The MC gains two party members from volume 2 onwards, an elf and a dwarf, who are both male.
>>
>>153487056

Thanks bro. I will.
>>
>>153486812
>character development
>rudy the pervert
>rudy the retard with erectile dysfunction
>rudy the orsted bitch-boy

I think he actually got worse as time went on.
>>
File: kumo_cover.jpg (118KB, 349x392px) Image search: [Google]
kumo_cover.jpg
118KB, 349x392px
>>153485601
I don't know about good but Kumoko is definitely the cutest.
>>
>>153485221
The Amber Sword has practically none of these, but it's arguable that Brendel is a bigger no-life player than even Suzuki Satoru, and merging with an NPC probably does wonders for personality. So I don't know if that counts since the original Isekai'd MC is no longer purely himself.

Or maybe I just really enjoy it since it's like Tsuyokute New Saga, except with vidya detailed on the same level as Overlord. There's just something really charming about aweing npcs that came to life with your exploit-tier strats and act as if you're a prophet because you already know all the quest line content but be restricted as an NPC instead of a Player.

>>153485761
For vidya Isekai the appraisal mechanics can just be the norm so to speak, or even non vidya Isekai depending how you go about it.

For example, in Tales of the Reincarnated Lord, power levels can be roughly determined by the visual effects of the mana aura that emanates from the user, and isn't something one can usually fake. In this sense everyone can appraise, not just the MC but naturally it's not all-telling. But then again in most Isekai series, Appraisal is also not all-telling unless you're high enough level or some shit compared to the target.
>>
File: 16.jpg (107KB, 713x1024px) Image search: [Google]
16.jpg
107KB, 713x1024px
>>153487223
No, Yachiyo is the cutest isekai MC.
>>
Is there a non-"reincarnated into my favorite otome game/shojo manga/novel series" isekai besides Spider that has a female MC?
>>
>>153487422
sauce
>>
>>153487729
It's a manga called Nirvana.
>>
>>153485221
>>153485513
I'd say there's a much much larger variety at least compared to dying academy/urban harem MCs.

Leigie from lazy king
The MC of Saihate No Paladin
That playboy from shiro no koukoku
Reika sama(sugoi)-kenkyou kenjitsu
The assasin dude fromm black maria
Kumoko(naiwa)
Yobidsareta satsuriksha's Mc
That alchemist from Oroboros Records who only cares about immortality.
Everyones favorite crazy loli(salaryman) Tanya and much more.

This precisely why I read the narou stuff, for its difference from the usual tropes that plagues most manga and anime. Though the narou series created their own tropes that are just as bad.

The polygamy thing you mentioned though isn't that common. In fact not that many series try to depict the actual harem livehood itself like having kids, their issues and development etc except for maybe Mushoku(Jobless Oblige) and a few more.
Of course the manga Hare kon does this better which is not an isekai btw.

>>153487167
Except he finally realised the piece of shit he was, what he did to his actual family, and that he never took responsibility for anything. Especially after Pauls death and when he himself became a father. He even wants to see his old family again and entrusted nanahoshi with the letter. I know its an obvious thing but the guy definitely went through some development which can't be said for the majority of the narou titles.
>>
>>153487035
Women ruin everything confirmed
>>
>>153484549
>God, if Arifureta is generic, Dungeon Seeker is an off-brand bootleg plastic copy stamped out in a Chinese factory at five cents a unit.- 31 posts and 3 image replies shown.
funny you say that, considering Dungeon Seeker plagerizes Arifureta almost word for word about halfway in.
>>
Someone give me a quick rundown of the Appraisal meme
>>
>>153484549
Is dungeon seeker the one with the fucking mantis which is apparantly stronger than le demon king?
>>
File: CODT2ncUcAEaE2U.jpg (38KB, 500x466px) Image search: [Google]
CODT2ncUcAEaE2U.jpg
38KB, 500x466px
>>153487640
Evil God Average
>>
>>153487640
Youjo Senki
Tilea's Worries
I'll live my second life

There's actually plenty more but I can't remember their names.
>>
>>153488165
A lot of Isekai give the main character an appraisal skill so as to give reason for exposition. Really it's just an excuse to explain things to the reader, but because so many Isekai also shove in video game mechanics, the appraisal skill has become the standard means of exposition.
>>
>>153488334
>Really it's just an excuse to explain things to the reader
There are far less wooden ways to do exposition. They just suck at writing.
>>
>>153487167
>disregarding him realizing all of it and coming around to become a decent if remorseful man
>>
>>153488334
any idea which one did appraisal first? all of em have to be copying something but there doesnt seem to be an original story with appraisal sama.
>>
File: 14338730_p0.jpg (1MB, 1200x920px) Image search: [Google]
14338730_p0.jpg
1MB, 1200x920px
>>153487640
>Forgetting Escaflowne
>>
>>153484549
So why can't I find any other seroes that focuses on a solo MC struggling against broken monsters? Dungeon Seeker is supposed to be "copied" from Arifureta but the latter doesn't focuses on that at all and is pure garbage.
>>
isekai deconstruction when?
>>
>For every Monster, there is a Hero. An ordinary man in a dead end job discovers that he is actually the descendant of an ancient hero. He must travel to a mystical world to train to become a Monster Hunter, before the mythical creatures from that world destroy ours.

What do you guys think about Monster Hunter being isekai?

>I'm an American with a dead end job but it turns out I'm descended from an ancient hero and must go to another world to become a Monster Hunter!?
>>
>>153488484
Nirvana is already reconstructing isekai.
>>
>>153488453
>So why can't I find any other seroes that focuses on a solo MC struggling against broken monsters?
Monster Hunter has an LN though I haven't read it
>>
>>153485862
A King of Gentlemen he may be yet somehow I feel that Beifeng deserves that title more
>>
>>153485601
Well main cast from Grimgar is quite interesting.
>>
>>153488618
Monster Hunters get strict physical training while young, so if you're an adult, it's already too late for you to start unless you're a raptor slayer.

Your idea is stupid.
>>
>>153489087
Monster Hunter's not really a solo type of story. The Flash Hunter manga adaption is pretty good. I'd avoid any stories about wind blades though.

https://exhentai.org/g/559098/dc3f48d773/

>>153488453
Dungeon Seeker shamefully copied the beginning, but that's about it. DS is supposed to appeal to the shameless grimdark, chuunibyou power fantasy. while Arifureta appeals to otaku wish fulfillment.
>>
File: shieldfaget.png (172KB, 928x261px) Image search: [Google]
shieldfaget.png
172KB, 928x261px
>>
>>153489860
that wasn't his idea. They're actually making a Monhun movie with that premise.
>>
>>153490277
Source?
>>
>>153490316
Nevermind, I found it. Sounds like shit, since modern weapons can easily fuck up anything smaller than an elder dragon.
>>
chuuni garbage
>>
>>153490316
http://deadline.com/2016/11/monster-hunter-movie-resident-evil-paul-ws-anderson-jeremy-bolt-capcom-qa-1201856946/
>>
I wish I never get sent to another world or back in time.

I don't have enough knowledge on how anything REALLY works to make use of it.

Like I could describe the concept of the internet or cellphones or a television but I can't fucking reproduce it.
>>
>>153487640
Bathroom Goddess
Lax Demon

If you're into male reincarnated to female, Nigotta Hitomi no Lilliane.
>>
>>153490379
You know about bacteria right? That's pretty useful
>>
>>153490379
Language would be the end of you. That and slavery.
>>
>>153490379
There are a few useful things like pasteurization, curvature of the Earth, an electrical current from a lemon using a copper wire Etc. That aren't hard to remember.
>>
>>153490401
>Yea so like there's these tiny things in our blood that keep the white bloodcells busy...

and then I got burned at the stake

>>153490407
Normally you get isekaid in a place that speaks exactly the language you do.

But if they don't then I am now a slave ..

>>153490413
>Hey guys we need to heat the milk like at a very high temperature to kill all the germs, the earth isn't flat, electricity is supper useful it's like a transfer of energy, you see there are these tiny things called electrons and they go from stuff with many to stuff with less or whatever I don't actually remember highschool physics.

And then I was burned at the stake.
>>
>>153490379
Manga and video games have taught me about crop rotation and soil replenishment.

>>153490413
How do we even make copper wire from ore? I've seen people make stone ovens and then smith knives from iron dug out of the bottom of a bog, but I never understood how they could get the fire hot enough to do so.

>>153490478
>Hey guys we need to heat the milk like at a very high temperature to kill all the germs
Just tell the religious mob that cleanliness is next to godliness and have them improve hygiene, and that germs are tiny demons that can be killed with heat. You're a fucking retard if you can't create a simple scheme to use that religiousness against them. Jews don't eat pork or shellfish because they didn't understand why it was unhealthy when undercooked. Only that people died or got sick after eating it. I'm sure they won't think too hard about it if you yield results.
>>
>>153490586
Well what you don't know is that I'm a redhead. They'll just kill me for being the devil trying to trick them.

If anything I'd have to stay clear of all religious institutions.
>>
>>153490379
Clearly you just need to carry a copy of Wikipedia on your cellphone or something, also a solar battery charger. It's only around 60gb for all of wikipediea, and while there are a lot of gaps there it's plenty to get you started.
>>
>>153490642
>I Can't Believe Mikipedia Became so Useful After I got Summoned to Another World!
>>
>>153490688
Million dollar idea
>>
>>153490725
Thanks, I came up with it on my own all by myself
>>
>I have been reincarnated as an anonymous image board post.
>>
File: 1484970804484.png (175KB, 482x436px) Image search: [Google]
1484970804484.png
175KB, 482x436px
>>153490637
Do you have any sort of randomly useful knowledge you could apply in absolute solitude?

>>153490757
You will literally die in a few hours along with the thread though?

>>153490751
>>153490725
http://www.novelupdates.com/series/in-a-different-world-with-a-smartphone/
>>
>>153490821
I'm a good programmer. Sucks that skill will serve no purpose if I'm sent back to medieval times. OR to a hyper futuristic time.
>>
>>153490821
I'd obviously have the power to multi thread drift.
Main obstacle would be to avoid shit boards and meme threads.
>>
>>153490834
You could become a mathematician? Fuck, I don't know. Most isekai stories involving programmers end up with them "rewriting" magic formulas to be more efficient, or create spells that run on script, not incantation.
>>
>>153490912
I mean I'm sure I'll be able to fare well as long as it's not absolute shit times.

Like if it's like the years 500 then I'd rather just kill myself. Fuck that shit.
>>
>>153488096
More like moe ruins everything
>>
>>153488618
>before the mythical creatures from that world destroy ours.
I thought the point of Monster Hunter was that the monsters were just wildlife, the kind of megafauna that humans probably hunted to extinction a few thousand years ago. Not magical world destroyers.
>>
File: Huygens23.jpg (21KB, 381x243px) Image search: [Google]
Huygens23.jpg
21KB, 381x243px
>>153490912
>You could become a mathematician?
Good luck doing mathematics the way they did it before Newton's time. I hope you are really really really good at geometry, because you'll have to prove calculus works using geometrical proofs like Newton.
>>
>>153490935
Most isekai takes place in a fictional age of knights, swords, and magic, so it won't be too bad. Hopefully. It's all theoretical anyway. Tanaka the Wizard got a cheat from god, but his first isekai experience was getting sent to jail for being homeless. He got out by blinding the guard with shit.

>>153491030
They are, they are simply just missing the point. They try to scientifically justify most monster abilities too, even if it's an organ or sac of flammable gas. However, elder dragons actually do have magical powers. Lore-wise, elder dragons only appear once in several hundreds of years, and then they do, they wipe countries off maps. Fatalis actually had grim fairy tales about its revival.
>>
>>153488484
Re:Zero is the closest you'll get and that's just Dark Souls played by DSP being the only defining feature
>>
>>153487223
Novel chapter update fucking when? Raising the dead please hurry!
>>
>>153491656
>Raising the dead please hurry!
They are up to date anon, there isn't a new chapter out yet for them to translate.
>>
>>153491107
this is probably me being ignorant as shit but man whoever comes up with mathematical proofs seems almost unreasonably intelligent, learning this stuff was alright until university but fuck inventing it
>>
>>153485601
If you can accept an ensemble cast as protagonists, the Chosen Children from Digimon Adventure might qualify.
>>
>>153484549
>>153485221

I'm just curious, are there any isekai stories where things go really badly for the protagonist? Like, he basically ends up a sidekick to the real hero, or he loses the girl to someone who's better, or is otherwise kicked in the shorts when he tries to live out his power fantasy?
>>
>>153490407
This. Unless of course you just happen to save an old man after being transported who then turns out to be a high ranking noble with no descendants and he welcomes you as his son, teaches you their language/culture and then sends you to a military academy which is compulsory for the higher class in that country after which you get assigned to a commanding post of some unit under a random count, which also means you're basically set for life unless you get killed in action.
>>
>>153487223
When she stopped being a spider and turned into a cute girl I stopped giving a shit.
>>
>>153484549
DS is kino
>>
>>153492176
Closest I can think of is the one where the guy is reincarnated as a dragon egg. I mean he does become a powerful dragon, but until a point after the current translations end he's a consummate fuckup. You can trace all of his shit back to one mistake he made because he was lonely, and then he continues to fuck things up for a while. Eventually he starts to fix his shit, but that doesn't happen until like 40 chapters after the end of the current translations or something like that. Then even where the story is right now he's basically just barely not a complete fuckup anymore. I don't know if things are going to start looking up for him, or if he's going to fuck up some more and have more shit happen to him because of it.
>>
If I went to a fantasy world, and told them I am an ambassador from the magical far eastern land of Zipang, would they have any real way of proving me wrong?
>>
>>153490834
>programmer
Go read the Wizardry series by Rick Cook.

Miles better than any isekai by virtue of being written by a real author and having a real editor, as well as not taking itself too seriously.
>>
>>153492434
They may actually have maps of the entire world anon. Or they may just call you out on your bullshit regardless of ability to prove you wrong.
>>
>>153492434
No, but the burden of proof lies on you.

Even if they believe you, ambassadors are only useful when they can present real results and are backed up by an actual country. So you'd be found out pretty soon when you couldn't deliver.
>>
>>153492469
>They may actually have maps of the entire world
Like this, you mean?
Medieval times weren't exactly the Age of Exploration.
>>
>>153492176
Katahane no Riku. But there are basically 2 protagonists. The other one(White haired guy) appears after a while and keeps fucking up royally, literally loosing his girls while desperately trying to live his live like it was a game. But its too late after he realises it.
>>
File: 5423231234321.jpg (161KB, 782x1147px) Image search: [Google]
5423231234321.jpg
161KB, 782x1147px
>>153492689
*Life and forgot pic
>>
>>153492496
Sure, but then no one cares enough in the place that you're in. It lends no sway unless if the country is outward looking.
>>
>>153485601
Naofumi
Grimgar crew
Kumo
I like the re zero guy but a lot of people don't
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.