[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people like openings so much in anime?Like it's a big deal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

Why do people like openings so much in anime?Like it's a big deal
>>
Why do OPs like sucking dick so much in 4chan?Like it's a dick meal
>>
They're neat to watch and sometimes the music is nice.

They're a nice introductory to the show instead of just a dark screen title card like some shitty cartoon I once watched
>>
>>153429087
You triggered son of a bitch
>>
Most of them are utter shit and everyone knows it. It's just that there's so many there's bound to be some good ones.
>>
I honestly don't get it either. Don't get me wrong, there are great OPs out there. Though they don't really do anything for the enjoyment of the actual show to me and can be skipped. Then when I read some review of an anime and get to the "music" part all they talk is about the OP and ED, barely about the music you hear in the actual episode, which should be far more important.
>>
>>153429048
I am a master of skipping OPs. I can skip right to the end of an OP with about 75% accuracy even if I haven't seen it before.

I hate anime OPs. They are usually filled with spoilers too.
>>
>>153429048
Because many of them have great tracks? Free music video essentially.

>>153429316
I suppose the majority of them being mediocre makes the good ones stand out.

>>153429340
I tend to skip them unless they are very good. And I agree that the incidental music is often overlooked. One of my favourite parts of Konosuba was the background music, Dragon Maid has some good stuff too.
>>
>>153429451
Edit, some not many in first point
>>
>>153429048
I may be the only one, but I personally enjoy OP's. They really help add to, and yet still introduce, the show (as long as they're good). (see: Soramimi Cake, Cruel Angel Thesis)

Also fun music is fun.
>>
File: rental_magica_fine_your_way.jpg (36KB, 704x400px) Image search: [Google]
rental_magica_fine_your_way.jpg
36KB, 704x400px
/a/ loves engrish, and anime OPs and EDs are a goldmine.
>>
Because

http://openings.moe/?video=Opening3-Nisemonogatari
>>
The OP is the best part of the anime like 90% of the time.
Even the best anime generally have proportionally great OPs to go along with it.
>>
>>153429048
If the song gets stuck in your head or hear some losers ringtone on the bus you will remember the show.
>>
>>153429048
Because anime is about hocking secondary products and otaku are mentally ill.
>>
>>153429048
It adds to the personality of a show and gives you something fun/awesome/catchy to associate the show with, making you like it more.

A good show can live without an OP, sure, and there are quite a few bad OP's around, but when there are good OP's, it really makes you appreciate that they exists. Sometimes, the OP will invite you to watch shows you'd never even consider otherwise.
>>
>>153429048
>no Daisy Stocking

Lame
>>
File: 1475483143347.jpg (116KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1475483143347.jpg
116KB, 1280x720px
Ask a guy who skips every OP anything.
>>
If it's a great track I'll listen to it once in a while before the episode, otherwise skip it. As mentioned by others, sometimes they contain subtle spoilers, so the less I watch it, the more likely I am to forget about it. Basically it's just like anything else, some people are huge fans, others find it to be filler ( there's no need for a 1:15 long opening, ever). Once in a while, if you watch enough shows, you'll find one that's catchy enough for you to enjoy.
>>
>>153429128
>triggered
Fuck off
>>
>>153434684
How dead inside are you?
>>
Good music, and higher quality animation then the actual show for the most part.
>>
>>153434894
>Fuck off
triggered baby boy?
>>
File: otori.jpg (96KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
otori.jpg
96KB, 1920x1080px
>>153429716
nice try, but you didn't post the best OP
>>
File: 1470200764578.png (465KB, 596x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1470200764578.png
465KB, 596x1012px
because theyre usually the only thing anyone remembers after a few years
>>
>>153435202
Like how the opening to Diebuster is the only good thing about it?
>>
I'm an autist who likes anime music more than anime
>>
If you ever watched anime on TV, actually following a series episode by episode each week, the OP felt way more significant.
>>
>>153429437
You know almost all OPs are the same length right?

>>153435202
This is a good point. It's easier to listen to a 3 minute song than to watch 20+ episodes.
>>
File: 1484504579829.jpg (78KB, 900x667px) Image search: [Google]
1484504579829.jpg
78KB, 900x667px
>>153435504
This.

Or just weekly anime in general. OPs and EDs are the book covers for their shows.
>>
OPs and EDs primarily exist so jewish music labels can make money
>>
>>153429614
I've seen nowhere near as much anime as most people on here, so not that this means much coming from me, but I'll be dammed if Cruel Angel's Thesis is not the best dammed OP I've ever heard.
And yeah I enjoy them too, the music is often pretty cool, and you get some cool animations and stuff.
>>153435457
It's a good OP I'll give ya that much, inclined to disagree with the rest of what ya said though
>>
>>153435202
God I wish I could be that sock
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.