[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anime is dying. How can it be saved?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 15

File: hqdefault.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
Anime is dying. How can it be saved?
>>
More yaoi and isekai
>>
Yamakan needs to make S2 of Fractale.
>>
Less sales of retarded anime like Flip Flappers
More sales of great anime like Yuri on Ice
>>
more satania
>>
>>153427458
This is what is needed
>>
File: 46565465653.jpg (72KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
46565465653.jpg
72KB, 500x500px
>>153427387
If it was 2010 I agree with you but it fucking isn't get out more and expand your tastes more by watching more different series. Stop being a bitch.
>>
I dont really want it to be saved.
Im just hanging around until Anno dies
>>
>>153427387
Build a fucking time machine, travel to the future to get a cancer cure and then to the past to save Satoshi Kon.
>>
>>153428040
What if Satoshi Kon actually developed deadly cancer as a reaction to the cure that was supposed to save him from cancer?
>>
File: 10164-620x-yamakan.jpg (21KB, 374x454px) Image search: [Google]
10164-620x-yamakan.jpg
21KB, 374x454px
>>153427387
Apologize
>>
File: sgwm5lo.gif (1MB, 268x302px) Image search: [Google]
sgwm5lo.gif
1MB, 268x302px
>>153427387
More yaoi.
>>
>>153427884
this.
All I ever watched is Naruto or DBZ. Just finished some slice of life anime and started watching some newer stuff that i never thought id like.
>>
>>153427387
Serious question /a/, why was Ruuko saying that her name was Lucy? Was she Ruuko's daughter? Or was she brainwashed and expelled from her planet?
>>
>>153428363
She lost her Ru status after using her power one time too much. She was expelled but not brainwashed. Having Ru in her name is like a noble title, she wasn't allowed to carry that anymore.
Lucy is her name from the moment it's decided that she'll be a permanent Earth resident.

>>153427387
We need more Ru and less U
>>
>>153427417
This, but less yaoi more isekai.
>>
less sexualization and overly brightly colored hair

less highschool setting with a highschool lead

im 25 now and anything with a highschool or a harem of girls with hair in every color of the rainbow instantly puts me off unless its one of the rare cases where the shows decent.

maybe im just too old for anime now...
>>
File: C1Z_SiGUkAEvlfF.jpg (314KB, 1200x1350px) Image search: [Google]
C1Z_SiGUkAEvlfF.jpg
314KB, 1200x1350px
>>153427387
It's been dead since Cowboy Bebop went off the air.
Nothing can be done.
It's beyond saving.
All is lost.
>>
>>153427387
let it die!

also , want a source of the Pic!
>>
More cute girls doing less things. Less juvenile action and pretentious deepshit.
>>
>>153432931
what else is left then?
>>
>>153429339
>less sexualization
Tumblrs the other way faggot
>>
File: 1476324178459.gif (784KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1476324178459.gif
784KB, 400x400px
>>153427387
>tfw Anime will never die, but you will
>>
>>153433000
Nothing but CGDCT. That's the point.
>>
>>153427387

Switch to superior manga
>>
- improve inbetweening software to a point that most results require minimal corrections
- train inbetweeners to turn them into key animators, the true bottleneck of anime production
- direct sales to a global audience rather than going through an unholy number of publishers and other middlemen, each taking their cut

done.
>>
>>153427505
(you)
>>
>>153427387

Real talk, if anime is going to be saved it needs an infusion of fresh blood. The industry is such a shitshow they're adapting literally any shit they can because they are, simply put, completely out of ideas.

The people that HAVE fresh ideas are overlooked or ostracized for not being a part of the establishment, for not obeying the standard tropes, or just for not being 'Japanese' enough.

Start with some adaptations of a few better Korean series. I'd absolutely kill to see a full adaptation of Noblesse and not just a teaser OVA. Tower of God isn't for everyone but it's still probably the most popular Korean webtoon out there, aside from Noblesse anyway.

Bring a couple of western writers over and have THEM spitball some ideas. Imagine if the guys who did Samurai Jack or Avatar could have done their work without having to neuter the story for the censors, or keep shit 'western' enough to not scare off the whities.

Erase Miyazaki's memories for the last 20 years or so, revert him back to the guy who brought us Porco Rosso, and cut him loose on the current industry.

There's plenty of ways to save the industry from it's current situation, but none who possess the wherewithal to do so.
>>
Thunderbolt fantasy saved anime
>>
>>153434198
>>153434395
These people get it.
>>
>>153434395
>direct sales to a global audience

B-But OUR NIHONGO SPIRIT

Catering to a global audience means having to cater to the lowest common denominator, which is to say, to the SJWs. No funny homos, no teenage or younger girls being sexualixed, no racial stereotyping, or men telling their women to get in the goddamn kitchen where they belong and not being run over by a garbage truck and pissed on by a dog in the next scene.

No fun, basically. The Catholic Church isn't always the bad guy, the American guy isn't blond haired, blue eyes, 8 feet tall and wildly gesticulating like he's some kind of simp, the black guy isn't a big lipped basketball player with a glock in his back pocket, and the Chinese girl doesn't speak like she's actually retarded.
>>
>>153435052
>gook and chink shit
>good

Next you'll me you want more steven universe type anime.
>>
>>153435560
>muh SJWs
Fuck off back to /pol/. Anime would actually be better if it got rid of its racist and sexist elements.
>>
>>153435560
>>153435713
I'm the one that's being baited. Lmaoing at my life desu senpai.
>>
>>153435560
okay this is bait but i actually like arguing against that general point. anime is selling because the way it is, while international co-produtions usually stink and fail hard. it'd be easy to sell anime exactly as it is to a global audience since, well, that's exactly what the audience is buying and loving at the moment. except not enough of the money is going to the studios and creatives.
>>
File: [citation needed].png (11KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
[citation needed].png
11KB, 150x150px
>>153427387
>>
>>153429339
I'm a wizard and I like brightly colored hair.
>>
>>153435560

No you massive faggot. Change NOTHING. Only make it so that people can buy anime content directly from the publisher as soon as it airs. Air it regularly on Japanese cable and also make it available online. Sell it at like $3-5 dollars an episode. And spent the honest effort to sub it in english with some of the quirks that fansub faggotry has. Include TL notes every now and then, include some karaoke effects if its a popular show, even include extra pages at the end to explain shit that may need additional info--and keep all the cultural inside jokes as much as possible in the english subbing.

Open it up to the rest of the market. If any SJW bitches about it, ignore them and continue this business process. It WILL make you a fuckton more money, on top of BluRay and merchandise sales.

The reason why anime is dying is more to do with the fact that Japan is painfully slow to adopt newer, more lucrative profit models that require nearly zero change to how they make their content--due to an insanely traditional hierarchical approach to how decision making is handled. There's enough historical record in Japan alone that shows that companies would rather run themselves into bankruptcy than to try radically better methods, because those who through seniority rose to the top have final say no matter HOW FUCKING AUTISTIC it is.

I mean for fucks sake, if Steam and Valve went from basically nothing to a multi-billion dollar company in a span of less than 10 years, all by catering to a specific audience--but taking the time to build their brand and offering better services over time. There's no reason that anime can't do the same. All it requires is saying NO to bad ideas, but that in itself requires a social and cultural shift in Japan that's unlikely to happen until it's far too late. They'd much rather run their country into the ground than adapt quickly and make loads of money.

It's like that one meme: "it's like they literally hate money."
>>
>>153436700
Then you need to setup a distributor who just distributes and has no say in the production. Which of course is possible, but if you get it wrong you could potentially end up with >>153435560

So the risk is there.
>>
I MUST DESTROY IT TO SAVE IT
>>
File: consider the followin.png (674KB, 1100x702px) Image search: [Google]
consider the followin.png
674KB, 1100x702px
>>153428210
Yaoi only appeals some fraction of the population.
Instead imagine having a battle harem vs. reverse battle harem with yuri and yaoi side couples on each side.
Omnipandering.
>>
>>153429339
I disagree with you, but I can relate on one thing. I remember back in the days when I watched Love Hina. All the characters were so much older than me and by default that made it more cool to watch it. It felt cooler. Kinda.

Now I'm 24. Most anime characters are 10 to 7 years younger than me, but it doesn't feel like it. Maybe I'm just a manchild. But thinking about being so much older than them feels weird.
>>
>>153429339
Maybe you're just watching the wrong shows.

Not everything features highschoolers. And even if the cast consists of teenagers it doesn't mean it focuses on school life or harems.
>>
File: Spawn2.jpg (128KB, 639x1169px) Image search: [Google]
Spawn2.jpg
128KB, 639x1169px
How do you save anime? By expanding the manga industry. The highest quality and most popular anime are almost always based off manga.

It's time to globalize the manga industry. Globalize it first, then globalize the anime industry later, if needed. You know how much talent there is in Europe/North America, who'd kill to be licensed by Shueisha or Jump?

Tons of incredibly talented artists out there outside of Japan. Try reaching out to them. Digital art is a global industry. If you need it to be physical afterwards, just print it out like usual.
>>
>>153437363
>The highest quality and most popular anime are almost always based off manga.
Like gundam, madoka, nge, code geass, monogatari, logh.
>>
>>153434608
thanks senpai
>>
>>153427387
> implying anime is dying
Then again:
> No NGNL S2
Yeah, crowdsourcing.
>>
>>153427387
Less moeshit, more mature anime.
>>
File: tooruv.jpg (285KB, 1745x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tooruv.jpg
285KB, 1745x1080px
>>153442223
>>
>>153427387
anime was dying last time I was here 7 years ago.
If it's still dying I think we just need to let it go, prolly in a lot of pain
>>
>>153442561
concepts feel no pain. they can abused until the bitter end.
>>
File: gabrielyou.jpg (164KB, 1060x810px) Image search: [Google]
gabrielyou.jpg
164KB, 1060x810px
>153442653
>>
>Haruhi Suzumiya season 3 announced
>Spice and Wolf season 3 announced
>new Berserk series, 2d animated, continues from the films
>>
File: anime industry 2016.jpg (1MB, 4466x3157px) Image search: [Google]
anime industry 2016.jpg
1MB, 4466x3157px
>anime
>dying
Profits say otherwise. If anything anime has been recovering ever since the 2008 collapse.
>>
>>153437363
>The highest quality and most popular anime are almost always based off manga
Just a glance at the top selling anime of all time shows that this is false.
>>
>>153442943
new logh too
>>
>>153437001
Oh yeah I felt the same about Maison Ikkoku way back when I read it
>>
>>153437363
Man how narrow is your experience of anime if you think manga is the source of everything good in it? Not only that, but Japan's manga industry is one of the most open and accessible creative industries on the planet. Especially compared to the west. The main reason they don't reach out to global audiences is their publications are mainly aimed at Japanese audiences, and very few foreign artists speak Japanese and thus can't really work with them. In the first place your entire proposition is backward because Shueisha et.al. are publishing companies whose stated goal is the publication and distribution of serialized comics in Japan. That's what their entire infrastructure is built to do. It would make a lot more sense for global publishing firms, ones who already have contacts and infrastructure set up to work with many foreign agents, to take on more Japanese artists. Except that won't happen and you know why? Because of what I said earlier: Japan's comic industry is already the most accessible for them. They have basically no incentive to ply the international waters.
>>
I had a dream this morning that Anno was at a live screening of 4.0 in Tokyo or something, And right after the credits and applause and shit. He steps on stage and asks, "Did you rike it?". Then all of a sudden the doors are barred, The audience can't leave. Anno flicks on a graph on the screen and the ushers give out those voter things from live TV shows and shit. The two options are
>Evangelion 2
>Die
The kinoplex is then filled with Ritalin in a gas cloud of Methamphetamine as the audience begins their 3 month journey to write the Evangelion 2 script.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.