[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Shinji, the reason we don't want you to pilot an Eva

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 195
Thread images: 37

>Shinji, the reason we don't want you to pilot an Eva is because we believe that it may trigger another impact event
>That's not the real Ayanami, Shinji, its a clone.
>>
Literally everything she had to say
What the fuck, Anno? Does he really think he can write shit and get away with it because he wants an hour of homo piano scenes?
>>
>Shinji, I was wrong. Don't pull out the spears
>Fuck you Kaworu, I'm going to do it anyway
>>
Just think of how much tragedy could have been avoided if anyone of them had just told him what was going on. I don't blame him for leaving
"Fourteen years" and they're still making the same stupid mistakes.
>>
File: 9313737_orig.jpg (131KB, 1024x732px) Image search: [Google]
9313737_orig.jpg
131KB, 1024x732px
>>153415989
>What the fuck, Anno? Does he really think he can write shit and get away with it because he wants an hour of homo piano scenes?
>>
>>153415908
Yeah, it would be much better movie with a scene where Misato just casually drops those bombshells on Shinji and he calmly believes her.

Except it would be out of character for both of them.

It's a really autistic complaint.
>>
File: 2686556i.jpg (77KB, 620x547px) Image search: [Google]
2686556i.jpg
77KB, 620x547px
>>153415908
It is the real Rei though.
>>
>We're angry because he saved us and all of humanity from certain destruction 14 years
>>
>>153415908
they weren't sure if he was the real Shinji, or some weird Zeruel-Shinji monster. They decided beforehand not to trust him with any sensitive information
>>
>>153415908
Whole movie was forced drama and tension. They had over a decade to think about how they would handle him waking up and yet all these adults couldn't think to do the normal thing and just tell him what's going on? Felt so artificial. Just to get some fujoshit pandering. At least when it went gay in the anime it made sense and didn't force people out of character and make the plot stupid.
>>
>>153416259
why would any of those pieces of information be considered sensitive?
>>
>>153416334
>evangelion, a show where 99% of the cast were living examples of the hedgehog dilemma.
>struggling to tell people something is out of character.
>>
>>153415908
3.33 was such a piece of shit, literally the only good part about the film was Rei and Shinji's disconnect which didn't really go that in depth anyway.
>>
File: normal_intredasting.jpg (25KB, 399x330px) Image search: [Google]
normal_intredasting.jpg
25KB, 399x330px
>>153415989
Those scenes were unusually long for some reason
>>
>>153416254
he wiped out 90% of what was left of the human race
>>
>>153416565
well, he saved all of the remaining 10% anyway
>>
>>153416482
Don't compare NGE characters to the rebuild versions. That literally isn't a problem for ANYONE except Shinji in rebuilds unless you forgot the friendship shit in 2.22. 3.33 has no excuse for the cunt reasoning except forced drama.
>>
>>153416693
I didn't realise that things getting fucked up would have no impact on people's perceptions.
>>
>>153416565
He didn't know that would happen
>>
>>153416749
That's not an excuse typically.
>>
Why Kaworu is so manipulative in the rebuild series?.
He was not like this in NGE.
>>
>>153416794
It's a good excuse when you're 14 years old and piloting an construct which capabilities and functional properties are unknown even to its designer
>>
>>153416710
I didn't realize things getting fucked up meant people are going to withhold crucial information from the person directly responsible for it for absolutely no reason. And look where it got them. Another fucking impact. The whole movie was an exercise in pointlessness.
>>
>>153416879
Do you actually think that if you killed 9/10 people on the whole planet that people won't react differently to you?
>>
>>153416849
>Misato encouraged him to go full godmode
>>
File: 002.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
002.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
3.0 is an example of what happens when Anno thinks he's being smart or edgy.

I didn't like 2.0 before you start saying I'm a 2.0 defender but 3.0 was just as bad in terms of character development because it was pandering to what fans wanted at the cost of characters, while 3.0 was bad because it was stuck trying to give a message that Anno wanted to send without enough time to do so, becoming a rushed mess.
>>
>>153416972
I like how everybody thinks it's Shinjis fault when there are so many others who are way more responsible for what happened eg. Gendo, Misato, Ritsuko, etc

Blaming Shinji is like blaming the mailman because there was antrax in an envelope he delivered. Hello fbi btw.
>>
>>153417097
You do realise people do often do that right?

That's a thing that happens.
>>
>>153417097
Why blame themselves when they can blame Shinji?
>>
>>153417149
because its their job and there's no reason not to place the guilt on Gendo since he's the enemy anyway but no lets place the guilt on Shinji and alienate him so that he decides to return to his father and weaken our own position severely because despite being the commander of the remaining forces seeking to stop the final impact I'd rather just be Misato the hedgehog
>>
>>153417281
Well, they can't just blame Gendo. Without Shinji, none of that would have happened.
>>
>>153415908
Like Shinji would have listened anyway. He'd have ignored her and we'd just be raging at him instead.
>>
>>153417132
retards do that but no successful organization benefits from placing blame on someone who can't do anything about it, at least not as long as bad publicity isn't a factor to consider. Not to mention that not being nice to someone who's arguably the most important person in the world is like sawing off the branch you're sitting on.

>>153417335
It was Gendo, Shinjis superior commander and father, who allowed him into the Eva in the first place. As his superior, Gendo is responsible for the actions of his subordinates. Gendo, the same guy who in 3.33 is actively fighting to trigger the final impact.

So, Shinji triggers the 3rd impact without knowing it while on a mission sanctioned by Gendo, a man who clearly knows all there's to know about the prophecy and the unofficial purpose of NERV.
>>
>>153417456
He was inside the room and they could show him pictures of the current world. He would have to accept it eventually, and the fear of triggering another impact would haunt him even if clone Rei came to pick him up.
>>
>>153417097
I'm hoping they get called out in the next film
>>
>>153417335
>>153417595

I'm going to clarify just in case I wasn't clear enough

Lets say I tape a remote controlled bomb to you chest and tell you to go meet up with someone, and that I will kill you unless you do as i say.

When you meet the person I told you to meet up with, I detonate the bomb and kill you both. Now, according to your logic, I may have killed you, but it was you who killed the other person.
>>
>>153417595
It's not easy for people to just not associate the triggerman with it.
>>
>>153416565
counterpoint; fuck the human race
>>
>>153417595
Gendo planned for everything, so everything is Gendo's fault, not Shinji's
>>
>>153417773
That's not even the right analogy. The trigger is in your hands, so you are the person who killed the other person.

In Shinji's case, Gendo wasn't the one who held the trigger. Shinji triggered it himself to save Rei.
>>
>>153416565
If you paid any attention to the films you would have realised before 3.0 even came out, that you are wrong.
>>
>>153417456
Why would Shinji ignore Misato's warnings when she surely can also show him the damage? Whole thing was a hamfisted way to get Kaworu relevance.
>>
>>153416972
You are avoiding the fucking point you dolt. If you KNOW he is dangerous but he is still capable of being reasoned with you need to inform him of what he is and what he's capable of so that the same shit does not happen again. Stop making excuses for piss poor writing.
>>
>>153418165
Also, it's not like they didn't know Shinji. He was against going into the robot in the first place and telling him about it would make him not want to even step foot near any of them.
>>
>Movie literally shows Shinji being stopped at the stage when the damage is still classed as Near 3I and not a full impact in any way shape or form
>People still believe Shinji caused 3I at the end of 2.0
>>
>>153417913
>That's not even the right analogy

In what way is it wrong? I put you in a situation where you can either do as i tell you or you can die.

No one told Shinji to go full god mode, but if he hadn't then he wouldn't had been able to win. No one told him not to try to save Ayanami either, although due to their relationship it's super likely he would, something that Gendo without doubt knew.

Shinji was placed in an impossible position by Gendo and managed to get a preferable outcome. If anything, Shinji is a hero, and to have the other characters treat him in any other way is just forced drama.
>>
>>153416973
This.
>2.22
>DO IT, SHINJI! DO IT!
>3.33
>whoa, you little cunt, you really did it!
>>
>>153418165
You're the one acting like people should act like perfectly logical constructs.
>>
>>153418350
Because in your analogy, Gendo was the one who holds the switch for the impact and he activated it on Shinji's behalf.

In the movie, however, Shinji activated the switch himself even if it were caused by Gendo's plan. Shinji pressed the trigger on the explosive and kills himself instead of Gendo pressing it for him.
>>
>>153418496
In Misato's case, it's somewhat believable. It's just nasty. She didn't expect an impact to happen, she thought the little guy was just going IN and thought that was cool. Her perceptions were probably warped by the people around her. She was probably convinced over time, "NO SHINJI IS A SPITEFUL BRAT, HE DID IT ON PURPOSE."
>>
>>153418632
But wasn't she opposed to impacts and anything that causes the impact is an enemy of hers? Wasn't that why she joined NERV?
>>
>>153418699
I mean, that's a valid reason too. So, there you go. She probably had a hand in convincing herself.
>>
File: Kaworu_(Rebuild_1.0)_01.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Kaworu_(Rebuild_1.0)_01.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>153416831
Because Rebuilds shit on original characters and plot in general.
I also hate how spikey Kawuguu's hair is compared to this. And chins in 3.33.
>>
>>153418710
Trouble with the trolley, eh?
>>
So how come Meguca Rebellion is generally held up fondly while 3.3 is seen as a blunder? What did the former do right that the latter did wrong?
>>
>>153418710
Shinji still pulled the trigger even if he was unaware of it. Gendo cannot pull that trigger himself, that's why he placed Shinji in unit 01.

It's as if Gendo gave Shinji a gun to shoot angels with and if Shinji shoots in bursts for too long, it would cause an explosion, the explosion being the impact. Gendo had a hand in placing the mechanism but Shinji was the one who made it happen.
>>
>>153418800
It didn't really downgrade anything except arguably Homura. Rebuilds are literally shitty Eva fanfiction animated.
>>
>>153418830
>You do realize 3.33 shits on the original characters to favor both kaworu and asuka, right?
I don't get your point, can you rephrase it.
>>
>>153418800
Both get hated quite a lot. I always liked Rebellion(in the 2nd half) but 3.33 was just bad imo.
>>
>>153418553
You are acting like something as simple as explaining the situation to the person who caused the situation is some incredible mental feat when it isn't. It's simply bad writing.
>>
>>153418927
Right? Finally someone who gets it.
>>
File: Rebel.jpg (37KB, 250x354px) Image search: [Google]
Rebel.jpg
37KB, 250x354px
>>153418800
Rebellion is what you can logically see happening from Homura, and the worst it gets with plot contrivance is the "observation state" gimmick.

3.3 takes the Hedghog Dilemma and stretches it to an absurd, unbelievable extreme. Not to mention adds such goofy shit as exploding bomb collars.

Why didn't Misato just put on like a tranquilizing collar? Why a bomb collar? If Kawaru could remove bomb collars, why did he put it on his own neck?
>>
>>153418927
Like I said, Shinji still triggered it and that was why everyone blamed him over Gendo. The person who caused it even if he didn't know about it does more harm than the person who set the trap in the first place. The trap would never go off if Shinji doesn't trigger it.
>>
>>153418970
It's just hack's writing. Even if they try to portray some characters more sympathetic than the others, they can't make them less shit.
>>
>>153418800
They're both cashgrabs which mangle their series' themes. Madoka is a little better because the plot makes sense except for the Incubators managing to capture an omnescient, omnipresent, and omnipotent being.
>>
File: 3.0_Kaworu_Nagisa.png (1MB, 1413x2047px) Image search: [Google]
3.0_Kaworu_Nagisa.png
1MB, 1413x2047px
>>153418754
Seriously, who thought this hairstyle looks good? Was this Sadamoto's idea?
>>
>>153418032
>>153418324
I thought that was the whole intent for revealing Dogma like that. Like you're sympathizing with Shinji and it sounds plausible, then you see The Shit and realize he's being stupid just immediately before everybody starts calling him stupid.
>>
>>153419138
>It is no secret that Anno is an Asuka fan
Shikinami ain't Asuka dude
>>
>>153419177
Shikinami is a boat.
>>
File: EVA3.0Defined.jpg (608KB, 1150x1680px) Image search: [Google]
EVA3.0Defined.jpg
608KB, 1150x1680px
>>153415908

3.0 is fucking terrible and it deserves to be called out for it's bullshit.

I'm glad Eva is fucking done now and that Anno is too incompetent to even get the 4th movie out.
>>
>>153419228
Why is there no 3.0 doujin where Shinji goes apeshit and rapes Misato in the Wunder before awakening EVA-01 and going to smash up Nerv on his own?
>>
>>153416254
>As a high ranking member of NERV, I harbor no responsibility for what happened at all, it's all because of these 14 year olds we force to fight for us.
>>
>>153415908
What are they even fighting for? The world is destroyed.
>>
>>153419272
It's literally the argument for why they placed the blame on Shinji.

Lets say a group of people are walking on a road and someone triggered a landmine. Half the group died and the other half is seriously wounded. Would the people who survive think
>fuck the solider who placed the mine there
or
>fuck the guy who stepped on the mine
It's obviously the second one where they blame the guy for stepping on it and none of this would have happened if he didn't step on it.
>>
>>153419324
>Asuka fans accept her as Asuka
I'm Asuka fan and Shikinami is shit.
>>
REMINDER TO ATTACK THE SPERGING REIFAG WITH SUCH POSTS AS "NOTHING WRONG WITH REI Q" AND "FUCK OFF, REIFAG"
>>
>>153416225
How out of character is it for Misato (or fucking ANYONE for that matter) to state that turning on a machine might cause the end of the world?

>you don't understand, they have a very specific and advanced kind of autism, i swear it's good writing because it panders to my depression
>>
>>153415989
This.
Anno became a fucking hack
>>
>>153419457
NOTHING WRONG WITH REI Q
FUCK OFF REIFAG
>>
So what the fuck happened to the 3.33 we saw in the preview?
>>
>>153416482
There's a difference between struggling to tell people about your inner personal feelings/having trouble getting close to them and telling them about something absolutely unpersonal and objective like "Hey. This shit right there will blow up if you touch it.".

It's like talking about weather, except it could save your fucking life, so literally anyone would do it. Omitting that isn't a wise representation of some psychological conflict, it's just horribly bad writing that some people praise due to an inflated sense of self-importance the Eva series showcases.
>>
>>153419457
REI Q IS REI
>>
>>153415908
Wasn't him like Shinji 7651935713, there is a moment you stop giving a shit I guess, now, why the hell would you be working in something you hate, specially if your work is to save the world, like, if you don't giv ea shit anymore why not just let everyone die, fucking retards.
>>
>>153418553
>be in the same car with someone you don't like
>he's driving on the wrong side of the road
>"dude watch out you're rolling on the wrong side you're gonna get us killed"
>"wow what are you, a fucking robot?"
>>
>>153419457
Why does Anno do it, though? Why does he insist on taking it out on people so much?
>>
>>153416482
Theres a difference between telling someone personal information about yourself/getting close to them emotionally and telling someone objective critical information that could save lives.
>>
>>153419578
Yes? Because it's easier to blame someone else than yourself. Take 4chan mentality for instance, where everyone is a shitter except for me as an example. Blaming others is inbuilt in our system. You do get cases where people would take the blame but that is either because they had no way out or they are just kind, and none of the people in eva is that latter. Except Kaji, he may be the latter.
>>
>>153418970
>Kaworu doesn't have a role in the story or a realistic way to be developed in
I wouldn't say that. He -could- have an alternative role, he's supposedly a person in his own right. But of course, then Anno would have to portray his perfect too-good-for-this-world Gary Stu with a flaw, or even have him interact with members of the cast not named Shinji or Rei. So I guess that's asking for too much. Shame, I like the concept of Kaworu but his execution leaves much to be desired.
>>
>>153419651
Because Anno hates Eva fanbase filled with filthy dumb otaku who didn't get his message. Also he doesn't care about the franchise and sees it as source of income only.
>>
>>153419785
But see, that's the problem. It's not otaku he's taking it out on, he's taking it out on normal people. Asuka has always and forever been overwhelmingly more popular with them compared to Rei. All Anno did here was make Rei more unattractive to normal people and non-otaku.

>>153419847
I don't understand why he did it though. Or rather, what I'm asking is, is there anything at all that contradicts the simplest explanation that he just throws at fit at the sight of normal people and wants them to obey his obsession? That he was mad that turning Rei into a giant abomination that Shinji hated wasn't enough for them to lose their fondness of her, because she had an actual developed role separate from him that intertwined at the last moment?
>>
>>153418632
>>She was probably convinced over time, "NO SHINJI IS A SPITEFUL BRAT, HE DID IT ON PURPOSE."
Misato's probably saying that in order to ease her own guilt at all the trouble she's caused to Shinji
>>
>>153419910
>Asuka has always and forever been overwhelmingly more popular with them compared to Rei
>Rei
>unpopular with otaku
>popular with "normal people"
Who let this insane Reifag loose, Jesus
>>
>>153419938
>Misato's probably saying that in order to ease her own guilt at all the trouble she's caused to Shinji
By directly causing him more undeserved trouble?
>>
>>153418830
The delicious cheese
called Ayanami Blue.
>>
>>153419294
fun fact, that doujin is h related, with ReiQ
>>
File: The sole purpose of 3.33.jpg (94KB, 661x752px) Image search: [Google]
The sole purpose of 3.33.jpg
94KB, 661x752px
Christ, Rebuilds are literally the embodiment of shit. I mean what kind of writing is that?
>Alright, Shinji, so it was you who created Seele, initiated Second Impact, built Evangelions and, perfectly well knowing their capabilities, initiated Third Impact on the sole purpose to extinguish humanity like a good emo kid you are
What the actual fuck? There are literally no grown up people at Wille
Also
>an hour of gay piano
Thanks, Anno-san
>>153419910
FUCK
OFF
FAGGOT
REI Q A BEST
>>
>>153419965
Yep, you bet! It's the same way here in the West. Do you have anything that contradicts this assertion, which is clear and obvious from so much as looking at sadpanda, pixiv, danbooru, etc where Asuka commands a very comfortable lead over Rei? Or the owners of 4chan, Christopher Poole and now Nishimura Hiroyuki, both social outcasts, who prefer Asuka?

Dare I say - are you going to post that one article from an old anime FAN CONVENTION (think about the types of people that go there, particularly the ones from back then, where Evangelion was -only- available by illegal fansubs that took a lot of work) where Anno praises them for thinking as he does and preferring Asuka to Rei?
>>
>>153420123
>Anno praises them for thinking as he does and preferring Asuka to Rei
That's because Rei a shit, senpai
>>
>>153415908
Honestly, I believe that Anno would like to abandon the Rebuilds due to how bad they are, but cant because he has to uphold his reputation after saying that he's making 4 films.
>>
>>153420240
Is that all you're able to muster up as a response? Empty parroted memes, devoid of any critical thinking whatsoever? I guess I just asked too much of you.
>>
File: R*i.jpg (80KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
R*i.jpg
80KB, 1024x768px
>>153420349
>Empty parroted memes, devoid of any critical thinking whatsoever?
So, exactly what you are posting for three years already, you crazy waifufag? Seriously, just neck yourself, you're wasting your life. Anime is not real. Just die.
>>
>>153420430
Another one? A simple, nonsensical "no you" to a legitimate question? Is this truly it for you? It's rather sad to see.
>>
>>153419457
>this autist again
>>
>>153420290
He abandoned them because he couldn't "get it up", in a creative and literal sense. He already blew his load on Kaworu and Asuka and he was totally spent. It took Shin Godzilla for him to re-ignite his 'fire' long enough to finish it off.
>>
>>153420501
He's right, every single time. Maybe you could learn something from him instead of drooling on your keyboard.
>>
File: Die..jpg (12KB, 276x299px) Image search: [Google]
Die..jpg
12KB, 276x299px
>>153420481
DUDE JUST KILL YOURSELF. THAT'S ALL I ASK FOR, PLEASE. DO WHAT YOU WANT, SHOOT YOURSELF, TIE YOURSELF, STARVE YOURSELF TO DEATH, JUST DIE. DIE. DIE. I REALLY WANT YOU TO DIE. SO DIE.
This shall be my last post ITT.
>>
>>153420139
Even for all of his pandering, Kaworu ends up a less complex and interesting character in 3.0 despite his increased screentime, and does less things across all of the Rebuilds than he does in a single episode of the original TV series.
>>
>>153420602
sums it up perfectly
>>
3.0 was my favorite rebuild.
>>
>>153420785
same here
why tho
>>
>>153420791
It paints a sad picture of what Evangelion really is all about for most people.

While I think Shin Godzilla was a good film(probably because it was standalone and he had to finish it all in one go), it's also important to keep an eye on the characters there as a sort of mini-preview for how 4.0 will play out. The prominent heroine is, once again, a spunky go-getter haflu like Asuka who is also fluent in two languages. The cool, collected type (the closest Rei analogue the movie has) is a very minor character with next to no screentime.

I would not be surprised in the least if the big plot of 4.0 is "letting go" of Rei. For one, it's about the only possible place they can go with her, now that they tossed an entire movie worth of character development away, demonstrated quite clearly via fierce retcons that it was a bad idea for Shinji to do anything besides kill her, and it also lines up quite nicely with rehashing the End of Evangelion, where Shinji rejected Rei, only this time it is more direct and personal. Plus, it allows for very minimal Rei screentime.

"Letting go of Rei" is something that's what's been building up in the meta-narrative since the manga's finale, and them sidelining Rei in promotions compared to Asuka and Kaworu gaining bigger and greater prominence. Sure, they could pull a fast one all of a sudden and do something like making 4.0 an interquel while leaving the ultimate fate of the characters ambiguous, but given the track record the movies have shown so far in being fairly safe remakes of the TV saga (with the only time it could've been different in 2.0 being swiftly retconned away to force everything to line up back into place) I think expecting anything else is a little too ambitious.
>>
File: kill me.png (7KB, 194x191px) Image search: [Google]
kill me.png
7KB, 194x191px
>>153419138
>>153418800
I think we can sum it all up as "Madoka Rebellion took risks", and "Evangelion took people's money."

All Madoka Rebellion HAD to do was reunite Homura with Madoka if the goal was to shill merchandise. You could have a season 2 as a slice of life or another time line - you didn't need Rebellion to end in such a glorious over the top shitstorm to keep milking the franchise. Despite how you might feel about Homura and if Rebellion was necessary, the story is still very earnest.

Meanwhile 3.3 is such a dishonest clusterfuck, that relies on its rabid fanbase to defend it. You can't just say "Porcupine's dilemma" to excuse why Misato wouldn't tell Shinji very basic information
>B-but he might have been an angel!

Then he would have known about the very basic information to begin with. 3.3's events are all designed to try and weakly imitate moments from the original OMG ANGEL GUY'S HEAD GOT EXPLODED JUST LIKE IN THE SERIES ITS LIKE POETRY

Except in the original Eva Shinji is the one who puts down the faggot angel, not a wacky magical bomb collar.
>>
>>153421085
>it was standalone
You're kidding, right? There's multiple foreshadowing points and the entire movie ends on a cliffhanger anyways. ("GEE WHIZ GODZILLA'S GOING TO THAW EVENTUALLY, I WONDER WHAT WILL HAPPEN THEN? BTW XENOMORPHS ON HIS TAIL")
>>
>>153419272
dem titties tho
>>
>>153421243
Let me rephrase, it was mostly standalone. But yes, I expect a sequel, probably by Anno once again.
>>
>>153421299
Look I don't really care why it was written the way it was, I am saying the way it was written doesn't work.
>>
File: IMG_7009a.jpg (887KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7009a.jpg
887KB, 1600x1200px
>>153421184
>Porcupine's dilemma
I have always hated that stupid term, whether they're talking about porcupines or hedgehogs, because it doesn't plain work in nature and it doesn't work in humans. Porcupines cuddle all the time with each other, and even humans so long as they develop a bond, Hedgehogs buddy up all the time to stay warm. The purpose of their spikes is to defend against strangers, not familiars, and the true message one should take from these animals is to cherish family and friends and stay wary around those you don't know.

There is nothing that quite exemplifies why psychology is a crock of bullshit more than this specific term and the whole stupid analysis around it made to justify its existence.
>>
>>153421285
In the 60+ year-history of Godzilla, Shin is the highest grossing film in the series.
It would be INCREDIBLY stupid for them not to.
>>
>>153421085
4.0 is just going to be a remake of Nadia's+EOE-manga's ending.
>>
>>153421285
>>153421443
Actually Toho does not want him to direct the next one, I believe its was due to budgetary reasons.
Shin Godzilla is the most Expensive Godzilla film ever made.
>>
>>153421571
Good.
>>
>>153421498
Now there's a question for the ages. Why did Anno abandon love after Nadia?
>>
>>153421622
Clinical depression. Love still existed in Eva, it was just a more realistic depiction of how complicated interpersonal feelings are. And he literally tried to animate a romance manga with Karekano but got kicked out because he basically made it into Monogatari almost a decade before Monogatari was a thing and the mangaka didn't like that.
>>
>>153421392
I'm not that anon, I just think this post right here is amazingly pretentious. What exactly is the point or merit of acknowledging why it didn't work? The simple fact of the matter is that it didn't. Intentions don't mean anything.
>>
>>153422492
They DON'T.
Even if Asuka and Rei's roles were reversed, 3.33 would still be a shitty movie.
>>
>>153422779
Oh.
My.
God.

OKAY.
SO.
WE THOUGHT ABOUT IT.
We acknowledge it.
It's happened.
IT'S REAL.

NOW WHAT DO YOU WANT?
WHAT IS THE POINT.
OF BRINGING THIS UP.
AGAIN AND AGAIN.
>>
>>153421877
No, I mean why he abandoned love for the main characters. Gunbuster? Eva? Same thing happens, a guy shows up to make the MC blush and go doki-doki for before getting killed off for "character development".
>>
>>153423164
Nothing will change anyway, you fuck.
>>
File: Rei.jpg (112KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Rei.jpg
112KB, 512x512px
I would like to give an advice to that one Reifag who keeps annoying everyone with his mere existence. Go and tell everything you think to Anno himself. He's the only one who can change something. He is Rei.
>>
File: 1464594017817.jpg (145KB, 1018x768px) Image search: [Google]
1464594017817.jpg
145KB, 1018x768px
>>153415908
>That's not the real Ayanami, Shinji, its a clone.
explain this shit

Rei-Q a cute also, I don't understand the hate.

like, how can you hate Rei in black leather...
>>
>>153423519
Man, so many virgin teenage girls
Would drink tea with
>>
>>153423337
YOU ARE LITERALLY DOING THE SAME.
>>
>>153423430
>Go and tell everything you think to Anno himself.
I'm not that anon, though, but If I'd ever meet Anno IRL, I'd beat the shit out of this cuck for spreading cancer.
>He is Rei.
I lol'd.
>>
>>153423430
>annoying everyone
Speak for yourself, moron. I like reading his posts and it is interesting to see how people just shut themselves up instead of understanding where he's coming from. What you can and should do is lower your expectations for the future of Evangelion drastically and enjoy other things.

>He is Rei
Not particularly.
>>
>>153423519
Mate, I liked Rei Q - I was one of the first people defending her when the movie had just come out because I was thinking of the potential such a character could have - but as time went on I realized the truth: That this character made no real sense movie-wise unless the sole purpose was to devalue and destroy Rei.
>>
File: Kaworu.jpg (37KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Kaworu.jpg
37KB, 400x300px
>>153423789
Which particular Kaworufag are you addressing?
>>
>>153423669
but Rei is already a clone

I feel im missing some kind of important, not shown in the movie, information here.
>>
>>153423750
>Misato: In other words, I'll have you two debut all over again as the show's "plug-chicks!"

>Asuka: Plugchicks!?

>Ritsuko: Here are the newly designed plugsuits.

>Asuka: What the heck is this!? It'll show my panties completely!

>Maya: These suits are definitely a blow to the head.

>Ritsuko: You mean the crotch? They'll be more appreciated by our audience this way.

>Misato: Oh they're fine! You guys are young!

(Sound of plugsuits shrinking)

>Asuka: On top of that, you can see where the breast nubbins are, even what color they are!

>Ritsuko: You mean the nipples? You'll be more appreciated by our audience this way.

>Misato: Oh they're fine! You guys are young!

>Asuka: I don't care how young I am; a line has been crossed here.

>Misato: Rei doesn't seem to have a problem.

>Asuka: Oh, c'mon First, say something. You're a chaste princess, aren't you?

>Rei: I don't mind. It comes with the job.

>Asuka: You never change. You've always lacked lines and taste.

>Rei: It doesn't matter. I don't have anything.

Nah, he sounds like Rei.
>>
>>153423879
try character development you fucking retard
>>
File: 1449433691167.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1449433691167.webm
3MB, 640x480px
Reminder that Shinji is canonicaly heterosexual
>>
>>153423902
Spoken like a true retard. But I'd expect nothing more of a Kaworufag.
>>
File: meh.png (215KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
meh.png
215KB, 500x380px
>>153423956
>>
>>153423836
she literally stops the movie getting stuck at shinji being shouted at for 2 hours though. else nothing would have happened.

>>153423936
every time Rei develops a personality she dies. maybe explain what the fuck you mean instead of calling me names.
>>
>>153423982
Oh okay
>>
>>153424036
>every time Rei develops a personality she dies.
rei 3 had a personality though
>>
>>153424036
"Rei" and "Rei Q" are two separate beings, akin to the Reis in Anima.
>>
File: ɥǝɯ.jpg (49KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
ɥǝɯ.jpg
49KB, 500x380px
>>153424012
>>
File: tfw Karl.jpg (143KB, 979x782px) Image search: [Google]
tfw Karl.jpg
143KB, 979x782px
>>153424152
d33p
>>
>>153418496
Yea, it's almost like 14 years passed and she realized the mistake she made.
>>
>>153424164
>clone vats
>scene showing rei 1, unique personality, dies
>rei 2, saved by shinjis dad, loyal to fault, dies
>rei 3, doesn't remember shit, activated orange juice
>same character reincarnating
and im supposedly trolling you. im out, im going to rewatch the show instead of bitching about things that make no sense.
>>
>>153417773
But Shinji most certainly didn't know that he had a bomb strapped to his chest.
>>
File: 1481894704343L.jpg (86KB, 560x577px) Image search: [Google]
1481894704343L.jpg
86KB, 560x577px
>>153423879
Not only a clone, but a clone of a robot.
>>
>>153424412
>that unnecessary inversion and dichotomy
>all that projection and interjection

I never said anything about characterization or story in 3.0, that's all you.

I'm only pointing out that 2.0 and 3.0 are set 14 years apart, so it makes sense that she might have changed her mind. There are plenty of reasons why Misato's characterization in 3.0 is silly to outright bad, but her changing her stance on Shinji rescuing Rei isn't one of them.
>>
File: no nose no smell of shit Rei.png (390KB, 451x454px) Image search: [Google]
no nose no smell of shit Rei.png
390KB, 451x454px
>>153424607
Moreover, she's also a shit
>>
>>153424649
Weren't you supposedly 'out'? You're rather dedicated, and simple-minded.
>>
>>153424653
>Kaworufag
>trying to lecture others on anything at all
I can't stop laughing.
>>
>>153424777
I don't see any lecture
>>
>>153424876
How can you rape something that won't even resist you
>>
>>153424831
Misato. Elevator.
>>
eva was never good
>>
>>153415908
About near 3rd Impact
>loose to Zerual. All life on earth get wiped
> win with Zeruel, trigger near 3rd impact (nobody knows how, this work, it just starts)
> its said multiple times that NERV must use EVERYTHING to kill Angel, no matter the cost, because angel win = complete anihilation of all life from whales to single bacteria
> Shinji wanting to save his firend do EVERYTHING to eradicate said angel
> trying to save friend and also second pilot (further bolstering already weak nerv) starts 3rd impact. Nobody fucking know that this would happen that way
> deus ex machina kaworu descends, end impact

> massive timeskip. Full 14 years
> nobody knows why Shinji floats in space with nerv artifical angels protecting him
> its said he cannot activate Eva, yet hearing Asuka yell he rapes AA in second
> everyone is mad at him, when he said cleary that he doesnt know wtf is going on, he was asleep for 14 years
> maybe its ok, nobody know if he was contaminated by angel so, give him a bomb to neck
> stay mad for guy who killed 90% of population not knowing this.
> Forgeting that if he coudlnt do this, all would die
>>
>>153418800
They're both shit in slightly different ways desu
>>
>>153428248
Also i forget, knowing that you're responsible for killing 90% of life would break any sane person, thats maybe why nerv aka wille crew reject a thing about actively helping to reach this outcome, and blames another person who happened to be unreachable (so he cant defend himself)
>>
>>153415989
>Does he really think he can write shit and get away with it because he wants an hour of homo piano scenes?
Yes and he will get away with it too.
>>
>>153430008
Rei is an unrelatable piece of shit
>>
>>153415908
It felt pretty weird how nobody took the time to explain shit to Shinji after he woke up.
I understand that it might be a little akward for them, but no wonder he would want to leave
>>
>>153430008
There is no redemption and salvation for this trash. The important thing is to move on.
>>
>>153419297
Typical Japanese mentality. No wonder why Japan hates Shinji so much
>>
File: 2.22 vs 3.0.jpg (397KB, 1912x1920px) Image search: [Google]
2.22 vs 3.0.jpg
397KB, 1912x1920px
>>153418324
The ending was retconned because the entire narrative falls apart if Shinji isn't worse than x1000 Hitlers. Also, Japan fully believes Shinji a shit and can't wait until he repay for his sins on 3.0+1.0
>>
>>153434872
Japan never managed to understand Eva and accept it as a work of art. For them it's simply another anime with waifus.
>>
>>153435191
Can you blame them? Anno certainly doesn't think that way with the way he treated the Rebuilds.
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 640x462px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 640x462px
Reminder that Shinji is canonicaly heterosexual
>>
>>153436263
*canonically bisexual
Ftfy
>>
>>153435191
The western fandom isn't any better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FckkZihQUaU
>>
>>153436638
Even shitty videos like these have Shinji being a fag for Kaworu
Bisexual.
>>
File: 1423452649450.jpg (85KB, 1024x724px) Image search: [Google]
1423452649450.jpg
85KB, 1024x724px
Reminder that teenage sex would have solved 90% of the worlds problems.
>>
>>153436323
That's wrong though
>>
File: typical shinji moment.jpg (90KB, 1920x814px) Image search: [Google]
typical shinji moment.jpg
90KB, 1920x814px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ij4cmqpQjk
>>
>>153436779
No.
>>
File: da38bdc024ce2503d7d13bad2573b6d5.jpg (279KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
da38bdc024ce2503d7d13bad2573b6d5.jpg
279KB, 900x1200px
>>153437800
Man that sure is a compelling argument. Let me retort.

Yes.
>>
File: upset oscar.jpg (113KB, 1920x814px) Image search: [Google]
upset oscar.jpg
113KB, 1920x814px
>>
>>153437858
You're a disgrace to actual femdomfags, shipping cancer.

>>>/evageeks/
>>
File: a7e3153b0718b704c5a1ef7c001ed29a.png (608KB, 1087x1122px) Image search: [Google]
a7e3153b0718b704c5a1ef7c001ed29a.png
608KB, 1087x1122px
>>153438366
Who's shipping? Just stating facts.
>>
Man, I really need to watch the Rebuilds.
>>
File: image.jpg (88KB, 957x537px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88KB, 957x537px
There's lots of hypocrites always blaming Shinji, is not like the guy is being force to pilot or told that humanity is done if he doesn't GET INTO THE ROBOT!! Anno is a fucking troll, when the fuck is he going to make 4.44, like hell m8!
>>
>>153417335
>>>153417281
>Well, they can't just blame the shooter. Without the gun, none of that would have happened.

You cant be serious
>>
>>153415908

Haven't given enough of a shit about rebuilt to watch them, but who is this?
>>
File: 23.jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
23.jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
>>153439877
>>
File: 1479557128590.gif (460KB, 512x392px) Image search: [Google]
1479557128590.gif
460KB, 512x392px
>>153419405
>"you don't understand, they have a very specific and advanced kind of autism, i swear it's good writing because it panders to my depression"

My sides.
That really caught me off guard.
>>
>>153417335
remember in nge when he did leave, and misato was the one who drove him back to nerv? yeah remember? you remember.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2013-06-24-18h21m11s100.jpg (46KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2013-06-24-18h21m11s100.jpg
46KB, 600x338px
>>
>>153440582
what happened to you Misato? you use to be so cool then in rebuild 3 you became so cold and heartless.
to me you've become just like Gendo.
>>
>>153421407
theyused that term in the beginning because thats who they were in the beginning, strangers, but you see shinjis learns a little to pull back the spikes the only one who doesnt grow is gendo.
>>
>>153436754
It's OK because le current year
>>
I wouldve been like fuck you guys im going back to the moon to sleep. right after I fuck over my dad.
Thread posts: 195
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.