[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boogiepop Phantom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: boogiepop_front.jpg (119KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
boogiepop_front.jpg
119KB, 700x700px
What does /a/ think about Boogiepop Phantom?
>>
>>153408003
I'm surprised none it was never adapted into a proper anime, although I think the LNs are still being published. They were supposed to be pretty big in Japan back in the 90s-00s, I wonder if it'd still have a chance today.
>>
>>153408003
loved it.
Music is great and I can't remember which episode it was but the one with the 2 cops talking was GOAT
>>
It's one of my favorites, just based on the atmosphere it creates. Reading the LNs is on my bucket list, but I doubt I'll ever get around to it considering how many there are.
>>
I still listen to the soundtrack regularly after all these years.
>>
That one scene where the girl bumps into a policeman? and then gets squashed and packed into the car is nice.

And yeah, the OST is awesome.
>>
Is it just me or was the show hard to follow?
>>
>>153409104
Yes, chronological order was fucked up really hard.
>>
needs to be remade properly
>>
>>153409585
Wasn't it properly made?
>>
>>153408003
great anime, rewatched multple times.
>>
>>153409714
Yeah but the anime was more of a side story, hence a remake of the entire series a la Monogatari (but not in shaft style) would be great.
>>
File: sdaa.jpg (25KB, 556x515px) Image search: [Google]
sdaa.jpg
25KB, 556x515px
Is he our guy?
>>
>>153408003
Great atmosphere, art style and sound direction, genuinely creepy and disturbing at times (an achievement for anime), but ultimately too confusing for me to really enjoy.
>>
I remember the show making more sense after watching the live action movie, but I don't remember literally anything about the live action movie anymore, other than the OST being fantastic and not sounding like other Kajiura OSTs.
>>
>>153409326
Doesn't help that most of the characters look the same and aren't really distinguishable personality wise, but I found the chronological order interesting, the realization of which episode was a past or current event was satisfying.
>>
File: 0cover.jpg (135KB, 398x399px) Image search: [Google]
0cover.jpg
135KB, 398x399px
still good song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWUteeDKaGQ
>>
>>153409878
You need to read first novel to understand anime properly, yeah.
>>
>>153410134
>Doesn't help that most of the characters look the same and aren't really distinguishable personality wise
This was my biggest problem with the show. I found myself mistaking one character for another more often than I'd like to admit. Didn't help that it was already pretty confusing to begin with. Still enjoyed it overall, though.
>>
>>153410959
Same here, I was confused mostly because I have issues remembering characters and it was especially difficult here. Still, the story was nice and I remember enjoying it.
>>
File: C2LqkQWVQAAM0DI.jpg (30KB, 694x570px) Image search: [Google]
C2LqkQWVQAAM0DI.jpg
30KB, 694x570px
>>153408003
Loved it.
>>
>>153408003
It's one of my favorites, even though it's pretty confusing, just based on the great atmosphere it has.
>>
>>153410336
ending was cool as well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LIPIGNAzR8
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.