[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /a/. Are the Digimon anime good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: What strange looking birds.png (407KB, 626x310px) Image search: [Google]
What strange looking birds.png
407KB, 626x310px
So /a/. Are the Digimon anime good?
>>
Decide yourself
>>
>>153389591
Yes.
>>
>>153389771
I watched the OG one, but are the others good?
>>
>>153389591
Adventure: Great. Awesome adventure, great charatcer development, amazing pacing. Devimon and Vamdemon were creepy as fuck. Children't anime with actual scary and competent enemies are rare.

Adventure 02: Not terrible, but plagued by odd pacing, underdeveloped new cast and well... asspulls.

Tamers: Absolutely amazing. Think season 1 combined with the Cthulu mithos.

Frontier: ABYSMAL. They got rid of partner digimons eliminating the relationship between children and digimon. Killed the franchise for many years.

Savers: Deecnt. They tired to hook a new generation, but there was a tad too much political intrigue and the second half did not make much sense, if any. 1st half as an antagonist you really want to punch in the face forever.

Digimon Xros Wars: Bad. Threw the known and loved level system out the window, had a terrible main charatcer and an annoying as fuck main digimon. Still, brought renewed interest in the franchise.

Xros Wars 2: The same as the 1st one, made no attempt to improve anything and got boring fast.

Xros Wars 3: Took all the interest generated from the first tw XW and absultely destroyed it. Almost killed the franchise.

Digimon Universe: Boring. The premise is dumb, they switched to apps in an atempt to be current and hip, but did nothing with it.
>>
>>153390065
What about Tri?
>>
>>153390334
If you watched Adventure and loved it as a kid it's almost impossible for Tri not to sucker punch you in the nostalgia and have you eat up whatever it throws at you. However, I'll try to keep it objective.

1st movie: After you get over the nostalgia you're going to be pretty sad to see that Tai's a little bitch for the ENTIRE movie. It might put you off watching the rest, but bear with it.

2nd movie: Now we're talking. It's a slightly darker take on the second half of Adventure, but not so dark as to descend into edgy. I found it much better then the 1st movie, and the end hit me like a truck.

3rd movie: A lot slower moving, but with a very well made sense of dread. You know something horrible is going to happen and soon, but you don't know when. Tugs at the heart with a few scenes. Charatcers still made some dumb decisions but unlike in the 1st movie they were understandable. Movie ends with a giant battle that ends with no winners but a whole lot of losers.
>>
>>153390334
It's shit.
They butchered characters, forgot about characters and is a big plothole overall.
>>
>>153390334
Not him, but in my opinion it has had its ups and downs. Nostalgia glasses helped people enjoy the first part but then things dragged on for the next couple of parts since they were stuck too much in the human world. The last part though was a good return to form as well as the digidestined returning to the digital world at last, so hopefully less filler in the next parts.
>>
>>153390596
I still don't get why people keep saying they forgot about charatcers when those characters were SHOWN.
>>
>>153390721
And the series isn't even done yet.

It's like complaining a book forgot about a character when you're halfway through and they were introduced in the first chapter.

Like at least save plothole type complaints for AFTER the plot is finished.
>>
File: Quit harassing me children.png (409KB, 630x357px) Image search: [Google]
Quit harassing me children.png
409KB, 630x357px
Everyone loves Leomon.
>>
>>153390804
When's the next part due out anyways?
>>
>>153391106
25th this month.
>>
>>153391164
Nice. Also, what the fuck about all the world wide Digidestined? Are their Digimon infected? What happened to Willis and his fuckboi dog thing.
>>
>>153391194
They did say something about the digidestined worldwide, but I can't remember. Either way they aren't relevant. Not all digimon are infected, but since it's spreading they will be. Willis is movie only and non-canon.
>>
>>153391473
Omnimon was movie only and non-canon. Mimi mentions Willis several times. What about the fuccboi with the Betamon? Or the Mexican with the Gottsumon.
>>
>>153391607
The movie with Willis is different then Our War Game and Diaboromon's revenege though. Our War Game fits perfectly after Adventure and likewise Diaboromon's Revenge fits after 02. But Golden Digimentals does not fit anywhere. It also contradicts the digi egg of miracles. Mimi does not mention Willis in the Tri movies, as far as I know.
>>
File: Elec.png (451KB, 527x474px) Image search: [Google]
Elec.png
451KB, 527x474px
>>
>>153390065
>Adventure
>Amazing pacing

But
>>
>>153390065
I was shocked by how amazingly well Tamers aged. Even more shocked by how well its dub aged. When revisiting the first three series as an adult, I could only enjoy the Adventure and 02 dubs with a heavy dose of nostalgia, whereas Tamers held up well despite some weird decisions like the fusion-voiced Megas.
>>
>>153392081
Because the first two were plagues by horrible puns all the freaking time.
>>
I love how the Adult level Digimon are actually more monster like.
>>
>>153390065
I really hope you honestly don't think Xros Wars < 02
>>
>>153390065
>Digimon Xros Wars
Oh come on! At least the main character was competent. But I agree that after his "retirement" it went to shit really fast. The only good point of that 3rd season was seeing all the digidestined from all previous series.
>>
>>153392005
WHY DID HE LIVE WHILE PICCOLOMON, WHAMON, AND LEOMON GOT KILLED?!? IT'S NOT FAIR!
>>
>>153392302
I cannot, in all honesty, say that 02 was better then Xross Wars. If you take all the problems both had and give them numerical values 02 will end up wih a much bigger number. But I still dislike XW more because it is so blatantly trying to sell toys. The story and characters are secondary. 02 had bland charatcers and the story was all over the place, but at least it was trying.
>>
>>153392487
Leomons always die, though.
>>
File: sup fuckers.png (180KB, 558x478px) Image search: [Google]
sup fuckers.png
180KB, 558x478px
>>
>>153389591
It's good for those who grew up with it because they were children who didn't know better.
>>
>>153393596
Listen to the song of my people!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C3ay-D0g4A
>>
>>153392081
>>153392122
Also because the guy who wrote Tamers was a total neet tech visionary and had the pulse of the time so fucking right-on it's kinda weird. Like if John Carmack wrote that game company anime (New Game?).
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.