[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Urasawa general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: 4939.jpg (620KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
4939.jpg
620KB, 1600x1200px
Naoki Urasawa is probably the best mangaka for the 20 last years.

Also
>Monster, 20th Century Boy, Pluto, etc general
>>
why was the ending of 20th century boy so disappointing. maybe it's just me but I thought the character development was some of the best i've ever experienced and the ending was just really underwhelming
>>
>>153389556

Well, in a way, the ending of Pluto was kinda disappointing too (Relatively speaking).

But at least, Urasawa doesn't have that pretentious pseudo-cleverness Togashi got.
>>
>>153389675
Yeah that's true. I get it, japanese story-telling treats the ending different than American story-telling but I just was underwhelmed
>>
>>153389513
>Naoki Urasawa
>Pacing problems the mangaka
>best

Wew lad
>>
>hipstershit
>>
>>153390468
It's incredibly well known.
>>
>>153389513
Togashi is better.
>>
>>153390447
Pluto is loosely based on Tekuza's 'The Greatest Robot on Earth' and didn't stretch out its story forever to rake in the money.
>>
>>153389556
Yeah they should've let Fukube be the real Friend 'til the end
>>
>>153389513
Billy Bat was my favorite.
>>
>PROTON BOMB
>>
>>153389513
I disagree, he generally suffers from a lack of direction, dargged-out stories, and an inability to wrap things up well.

Also
>general
Please no.
>>
>>153389513
It goes like this
Otomo=Tezuka > Takahashi=Adachi=Toume > Asano > Kishiro > Urasawa > Tamura > Yukimura=Inoue=Samura > Togashi=Miura=Araki > the rest
>>
>>153391968
It doesn't go like that, but I'm too lazy to greentext all the rankings I dispute or people I'd add.
>>
>>153389513
>best mangaka for the 20 last years.
That's a little much, but I do love a lot of his works
>>
>>153392020
come on express yourself faggot
>>
>>153389513
>like all three of these manga
>/a/ is so shit now that its pointless to talk about
>>
Did his new series already start? He made that one shot one or two months ago and they already announced a new series but I haven't heard anything since then.
>>
>>153389556
I also found the ending to Pluto to be disappointing. How the fuck did that robot escape from its maximum security facility in Germany, go all the way to Washington DC, then break into the most secure place in the world in order to kill Roosevelt? And how is throwing a dagger enough to kill such a powerful supercomputer? Was the teddy bear really its body?
>>
>>153389513
Did you hear the one about the two soldiers in a mine field?
>>
>>153392906
I think the whole political commentary on the Bush Administration and the Iraq War was pretty heavy-handed and dumb, dragged the story down at times.
>>
>>153391968
Current Togashi and Araki are way above Miura. And you forgot Taniguchi, who's the real slice of life master, unlike Asano
>>
>>153392178
Fuck, fine. Tamura should be higher, Otomo and Urasawa and Takahashi (Rumiko, I assume) should be lower, Kishiro shouldn't be anywhere near any sort of list after spending the last fifteen years ruining Gunnm, Inoue is definitely better than Yukimura or Samura, and there should be plenty of power gaps and other names in there - Kitoh, Takahashi Tsutomu, Hagio Moto, Matsumoto Taiyou, etc.

>>153393062
Taniguchi as well, yeah. RIP. I wouldn't say he's very similar to Asano, though - Yamamoto Naoki (who should also be there) is much closer.
>>
>>153390399
>japanese story-telling treats the ending different than American story-telling
What do you mean?
>>
Is there a torrent the complete billy bat?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.