[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rurouni Kenshin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: 1429358798629.jpg (53KB, 566x414px) Image search: [Google]
1429358798629.jpg
53KB, 566x414px
Is RuroKen confirmed to be the comfiest shounen ever?

Also, ruroken thread
>>
The first arc was extremely good
The Shishio saga was generic shonenshit
The 3rd arc was complete utter garbage
>>
I tried watching a couple of episodes of this after watching and loving Trust and Betrayal.

I'm not really fond of how goofy this series is by comparison. Is it worthwhile continuing?
>>
I watched seven episodes (I think) and haven't touched this in about two months. Seemed like Meiji-period Inuyasha but worse and not worth continuing just to understand an OVA that's probably overrated MALshit anyway
>>
>>153370418
>dat episode after the Shioshio Arc where Kenshin visit Tomoe's unmarked grave and brings her irises
Fug
>>
>>153370418
It was good. I liked the historical setting, though not a much as Taisho baseball girls. They kinda went overboard with the emphasis on the Bakumatsu/Meiji transition.

The best bit was the fight between Kenshin and Saito. There's something brutally honest about how it comes down to a belt being used to almost snap Kenshin's neck.
>>
>>153371053
The OVA is a prequel, so you can just watch that.
>>
>>153371279
He used his belt to disarm Kenshin, the necksnapping was done with his vest.
>>
>>153370894
Up until and including the Shishio arc it just follows the manga, which also had some of the more lighthearted moments. It's the OVAs that are a lot more serious. The anime and manga do become more involved later, especially once Hajime Saito gets introduced. It's shounen, but one of the better ones, I find. It doesn't get dragged out to infinity like some other shows. Drop it after the Shishio saga, they stray from the manga and God after that.
>>
>shitting on a manga which ended 18 years ago
You never fail to dissappoint me /a/
>>
I want to FUCK Kenshin
>>
>manga ends with Kenshin not being able to fight again because of the strain of Hiten Mitsurugi on his body
>author attempts a revival starring some kid who found Shishio's sword
>Kenshin appears, borrows the sakabatou from Yahiko and uses his techniques with no problem
>>
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-01/nobuhiro-watsuki-launches-rurouni-kenshin-hokkaido-arc-manga-in-spring-2017/.109370
Reminder that the manga is starting again this spring
>>
File: When you can't stop the oro.gif (1MB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
When you can't stop the oro.gif
1MB, 720x540px
The soundtrack's definitely comfy tier, that's for sure.

>Tfw I have this as a ringtone

https://youtu.be/P9K7Sxj0kBk

Fucking love that baseball organ.

My brothers have a great fondness over the anime series too, since we all grew up with it. My eldest one really fucking digs Sanosuke since he thinks he's the strongest one. I think he's got fenomenal taste.
>>
What the fuck were they thinking with that live action movie? If you're not going to even try, don't.
>>
File: 1470464518052.jpg (53KB, 476x356px) Image search: [Google]
1470464518052.jpg
53KB, 476x356px
>>153371812
>spring
How much more specific can these nips be? When exactly is that going to be?
>>
>>153373178

Spring
>>
>>153373553
Nice try anon, here's your (You).

I mean when as in which month? Least they could do is to specify the month.
>>
File: 45669392.jpg (111KB, 567x800px) Image search: [Google]
45669392.jpg
111KB, 567x800px
>>153372846
What's wrong with the live movie? I thought it was ok.
>>
>>153374659

This. Of course it wasn't perfect, but I admire the effort behind it, even if the adaptation isn't exactly 1:1, what with the alterations here and there, but still pretty faithful to certain bits. There are far worse adaptations out there. The casting was pretty impressive too, to say the least so kudos to that. Some acting felt a bit "flanderized" from time to time (I namely only felt like this mostly with the one who played as Sanosuke).

what I'd expect from any live action movie adaptation except not as let down/10

Live action movies of animated series are almost always a benefit/risk since there are people smart enough to care about the little things and to just how much the movie is actually faithful to the source itself
>>
>>153375504
>tfw live action Kuzu Ryu Sen
They actually managed to make it work without looking too anime. Too bad they got the stabbing part wrong
>>
>>153371808
I imagine Kenshin can still do it to an extent, but too much would be breaking now. He could probably come out for one or two cool fights but I don't think he could push himself further then that.
>>
>>153371808
>>153371812
>Rurouni Kenshin is coming back

What? Why?
>>
>>153377177
Because money
>>
File: 12_289.jpg (271KB, 959x1400px) Image search: [Google]
12_289.jpg
271KB, 959x1400px
>>153377177
Money. Kenshin was the only thing he did that got him some.
>>
I recently read the manga; it surprised me how even half of the anime stories before the Kyoto arc were filler.
I like the manga, the Trust OVAs and the anime up to Shishio the same. The last OVAs and the post-Kyoto filler are fucking garbage.
>>
Is there a more badass character?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ76LviD9Zc
>>
>>153370482
agreed
>>
>The Jinchu arc keeps getting skipped

Why, though.

I know the anime was canceled before it got to that part, but the recent action movies decided to do a two-part Kyoto film in its place.
>>
>>153372781

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_3X9FNiQW8

Loved Kenshin's soundtrack.
>>
>>153383312
Because it was terrible
>>
>>153383312
Maybe the Kyoto arc was better recieved.
>>
>>153385106
>>153383466
Enishi is a better villain than Shishio.
>>
>>153387227

I don't know if I would go that far, but I really liked the arc. It was a good way to close Kenshin's story.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.