[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FLCL nostalgia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 1485863263145.jpg (324KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1485863263145.jpg
324KB, 1440x810px
Just a reminder that Americans are going to write the dialog to an coming of age anime. Also this aired over 20 years ago, are we still stuck here forever?

Any updates on this?
>>
>>153354249
>Americans are going to write the dialog to an coming of age anime.
What?
>Also this aired over 20 years ago
But that's wrong.
>>
>>153354249
Give a sauce for your statements. Just 'cuz Adult Swim's funding it doesn't mean they're gonna have any part in the script.
>>
>>153354249
>Americans are going to write the dialog
a japanese playwright is already confirmed as the script writer
http://www.performingarts.jp/E/art_interview/1108/1.html
>>
>>153355694
We went from Enokido to this deranged faggot?
Not a chance the new seasons won't be shit.
>>
>>153355824
>enokido
>not a deranged faggot
also enokido is the definition of washed up at this point. bringing him back wouldn't produce anything of value

not saying the staff looks great or anything but at least it's not some produced by committee american thing like OP thought
>>
Im kinda happy to have a continuation of FLCL but it would be so easy to make it pointless and irrelevant.

It's a show about a boy going through puberty in the late 90s, made in the era when Gainax were still in their stride. Many people watched it when they were near the same age as Naota which is why it strikes such a nostalgic vein.

How exactly do you follow up in a way that's both relevant in its own right and still has the character of the original? Everything from the art style to the music needs to be chosen correctly or the whole thing just comes off as meaningless.

It just being a continuation of the plot or the characters doesn't cut it, because that is not what made FLCL fun.
>>
>>153355855
He just didn't have the chance to work on anything ambitious in a while.
But we'll see after Dragon's Dentist in just a week if he's washed up or not.
>>
File: 1478638788043s.jpg (4KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
1478638788043s.jpg
4KB, 250x187px
FLCL was about 90s Japan and had very heavy American influence because of what was considered cool at the time, having the show be part American does better to preserve its "aesthetic" than giving it to a mainstream Japanese studio who will try to make it better fit current Japanese tastes and thereby lose everything that made it cool

besides, Adult Swim did well enough with Space Dandy, FLCL 2 might actually be good which is more than I could say if it was a solely Japanese production
>>
>>153354249

It was overrated anyway. A different take on the premise might be an improvement.
>>
>>153356163
>FLCL was about 90s Japan
I don't think future looks less bleak for Japan than it did in 2000.
>and had very heavy American influence
Not really, only in Imaishi's episode, but that's just him.
>>
>>153354249
Wow, you just can't get anything right can you?
>>
File: 1478639750380.jpg (39KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1478639750380.jpg
39KB, 1200x675px
>>153356281
>Not really, only in Imaishi's episode, but that's just him.

Feel free to disagree but here's my reasons

Music: The Pillows are part of what makes the show iconic and they openly have said they took massive influence from American artists, although they add their own Japanese touch.

Guitars and Baseball: Very American, but also very popular in Japan at the time. 90s Japanese culture (for youths) was very closely modeled after American things and it shows throughout the show.

Stylistic: Although a lot of 90s-early 2000s anime had this washed out look, in shows like FLCL and Cowboy Bebop the color choices and postures of characters have a distinct american influence.

Over-the-top-ness: People working on this show are known for doing crazy stuff, so much so they have their own style that is distinctly different from the rest of the anime industry, a style that is closer to American media
>>
>>153356163
Adult Swim didn't have much to do with Space Dandy creative-wise, it was pretty much all done by Japanese artists outside of a couple notable figures who were already involved with anime regardless
>>
If anything goes wrong I will just turn off my brain and enjoy it as an amv with music from the pillows.
>>
What are the chances that Naoto's older brother would be the MC?
>>
>>153357059
the MC will be a 11yo girl, we already know that
>>
>>153357106
Vagina robots and yuri incoming?
>>
>>153356954
Thats the point senpai. Japanese anime with American funding and guaranteed American distribution so that the studio doesn't have to pander to mainstream japanese tastes and can have creative freedom to make good shows
>>
I feel like they announced this sequel 5 years ago and we don't even have some key visual yet.
>>
FLCL 2 is going to live up the expectations

I can see it coming
>>
>>153355933
Naota isn't going to be in it.
>>
>>153358766
>5 years ago
It hasn't even been a year since the new seasons got announced
>>
>>153354249
elaborate
>>
File: 1480885105297.jpg (119KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1480885105297.jpg
119KB, 500x500px
>>153354249
>>
>>153354249
sauce?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.