[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do so many people dislike this pairing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

File: keima x chihiro.jpg (157KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
keima x chihiro.jpg
157KB, 800x600px
Why do so many people dislike this pairing?
>>
I loved them. I enjoyed the tears back then
>>
Because Wakaki literally doesn't know how to write, and fucked up his manga with those last couple arcs.
Also, the idea of Keima ending up with a "3D" girl just makes me uncomfortable.
>>
Because fuck Chihiro was a cunt during the goddess arc.
>>
>>153347492
>I enjoyed the tears back then
This is such a claim. I see it every where. But If I remember clearly, literally no one cared who won because no one was reading it anymore because of that god awful time travel/goddess arc.
>>
>>153347559
You see it everywhere because it's true. I will forever gorge on the tears as I did then.
>>
>>153347674
It's not true though, I was there as well. I'm 90% everyone was happy because it was over, and a minority was 'raging' about Chihiro.
>>
>>153347559
>Forgetting about tenrifags
>>
>>153347739
Ah you're right I do remember them.
>>
>>153347739
It's more he gave Tenri a lame ending.
>>
>>153347559
This. I literally can't remember anything past the goddesses arc. I remember having read it all but my brain has locked that memory away. Only remember that Chihiro won and many anons were buttblasted.
>>
There were many who were forced to eat their own feces after they lost the bet.

It was most likely very horrible for them.
>>
Because they have literal shit taste.
>>
The writing was shit for a long time and that ending arc wasn't very good. It dragged on for weeks with fucking nothing happening each chapter.
I mean fuck, how many weeks did it take to see what was in Keima's note?

The ending itself was shit. So shit that it fucked up the Mangaka's career.
>>
>>153347459
Because their favorite girl didn't win
>>
I re-read the manga recently and the end arcs weren't that bad.
When it was currently releasing it was fucking awful because nothing happened for weeks on end, but now you can just power through the garbage and it isn't that bad.
>>
>>153347459
I always held out hope for an Elsie ending but it just never was going to happen.
>>
>>153350111
LC was best girl, but she was never going to get a romantic ending. She got the best ending she could even with the dumb twist of her being a super powerful devil.
>>
>>153347459
I liked it, but the final arcs were way too long, they just dragged on and on for what seemed like forever.
>>
>>153350166
Only part that left a bad taste in my mouth was her relationship with Haqua getting erased.
>>
File: Yotsuba_Sugimoto.png (186KB, 462x272px) Image search: [Google]
Yotsuba_Sugimoto.png
186KB, 462x272px
>>153347459
3DPD. He had a 2D waifu & abandoned her.
>>
>>153347559
People who cared about the story stopped reading at that point.
Waifufags kept reading, and apparently one of the girls won, and people are eighter sore loosers or sore winners about it.
Both are abnoxious, and they should start reading more interesting manga.
>>
>>153348887
Oh please like any of them actually did it.
>>
>>153347459
AT THIS PRECISE MOMENT IN TIME
>>
>>153347459
I love this pairing.
>>
>>153353369
I like how chihirofag can't retort to Yokyun posters.
>>
>>153350111
Me too. But Chihiro is my second pick so it wasn't really bad.
>>
>>153347545
she was the biggest cunt in the entire series
>>
>>153347459
BECAUSE AYUMI WAS BEST GIRL.
>>
>>153357642
that's not Haqua
>>
>>153357736
This. Haqua was best girl.
>>
File: 1461798060838.jpg (3MB, 3848x3984px) Image search: [Google]
1461798060838.jpg
3MB, 3848x3984px
>>153347559
Lol
>>
>>153358513
Yeah nice cherry picked 90% archive image you got there. You aren't proving anything
>>
What the fuck was up with the time travel arc?
The anime and manga were something special, then that shit happens, fucking end the damn thing instead of writting shit like that.
Now I get this bittersweet feeling every time I listen to the god-tier S1 opening.
>>
>>153347816
Wakaki gave Tenri the ending she deserved. In fact the edit is more what she deserved, but what Wakaki left her with was just fine.
>>
>>153358682
How so?
>>
>>153358555
The majority were pleased with Chihiro and disappointed with the manga for sure, but to try and deny the vocal minority whose tears will never end is silly.
>>
>>153358682
By being an obtuse, annoying follower who could never hope to leave Keima's shadow, thereby living up to anything remotely close to what he'd want out of a girl. He'd told her ten years before they reunited that she wasn't what he wanted and didn't do a thing to work on her personality in all that time, in spite of Dianna trying to help her out. All she had going for her was a certain sweetness (which wasn't unique to Keima's options), looks department (again not unique) and a whole lot of bubble wrap popping.

Tenri is the worse of the two girls who inhabited the same body.
>>
>>153353369
>Keima never got to be with his waifu
>>
>>153358555
Lol, how mad can you be
>>
>>153359008
All of which is the mangaka's fault for not taking her character places. He had a good long opportunity but instead reduced her to another for Keima to use to get the ending.

Using his own philosophy: she's not a bad heroine, TWGOK is a bad series.
>>
>>153359234
*another tool
>>
What the fuck happened to Wakaki?
>>
>>153359234
>All of which is the mangaka's fault for not taking her character places
But he did take Tenri as far as she could go, which was just a bit better than as with many others of the series written to remain as flat as the game characters Keima routinely conquered. Note that she was continually prodded along by her closest friend to be more than simply a tool for Keima's challenges, but always in the end shied away from it. Literally, and fittingly, that in which she found solace was the illusion of magic, as if she could escape by some magic from the same metaphorical box in which she'd taken to hiding herself away. Rather than pursue personal growth, Tenri was content to live on with false hope.

>Using his own philosophy: she's not a bad heroine, TWGOK is a bad series.
Tenri isn't a bad heroine in that sense, but lacked the qualifications to be the main heroine of the main story. A want for a Tenri end really was a trap set by Wakaki for any who would not or could not follow along with the growth of the MC as being more than he was presented in the original chapters. She was and remained little better than an archytype to put in a win column and move on from, yet Keima at the end was looking for something more. And for those who were rooting for her in the end in spite of the impetus of the story of Keima's growth, they were themselves merely being content to read on with a false hope.
>>
File: 1203674365224.jpg (24KB, 558x396px) Image search: [Google]
1203674365224.jpg
24KB, 558x396px
>>153358555
>he's still mad
>>
>>153347459
I was actually fine with this. It was the shit writing and story towards the end that pissed me off.
>>
>>153347559
I'm glad that I dropped back then.
>>
>>153347459
Because Ayumi was better
>>
>>153360154
well put
>>
File: tCqDuVn.png (559KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
tCqDuVn.png
559KB, 1280x800px
>>153360236
It's pretty funny honestly
>>
>>153347459
the first girl was better
the author wanted to cause butthurt by choosing a shit tier girl for the mc.
even lc was better
>>153353369
never forget the pic related
>>
>>153360154
>But he did take Tenri as far as she could go
No, if he did, he would have had her grow into her own and decide her own destiny. It is such a logical progression and there was ample opportunity to do that (there's a damn time travel arc where this could have happened with her as a child), but the mangaka was content with treating her as a mere tool like all the other heroines and you're simply justifying his choices. (From what I remember he liked Tenri, so maybe he enjoyed her this way.)

I don't give a damn about Tenri end and being overly concerned with who is the best mate of Keima is part of the problem. However I doubt Wakaki was really being as cold and cynical as you make him out to be, and his end trashing the characters was not how he intended for it to come off. If it was, I'll call him out as a hypocrite for his little songs and dances about caring about the girls as precious people and having the protagonist agonize over treating them as means rather than ends, and then treating them as mere means himself apparently just to spite fans.

Maybe I'm wrong but the hidden contempt some Chihiro fans seem to have for the other girls bothers me. I'm okay with Chihiro end and supported her when she was getting trashed, but when they do the same it makes me wonder why they even followed a story about a mega 2d otaku and his interactions with 2d girls. Yeah Keima came to accept the real but that doesn't reflect badly on the 2d "flat" characters, and another problem I have is this isn't properly conveyed so people come out thinking it's saying 3d > 2d after all.
>>
I unironically think Twgok is top tier and Chihiro was best girl and deserved to win.
>>
>>153358513
>Any chance to see Onedera winning the Nisekoi now?
Double cucked
>>
>>153347559
You pretty much nailed it, BUT for the people who still stuck with it and cared about shipping, which apparently were a good chunk of the anons left. They were salty as all fuck.

You need to remember as well, anons use to care about these girls and ritually post image dumps, no idea when it became taboo to do this.
>>
>>153353369
Keima was one of us, unable to surpass that dimensional barrier and doomed to have sloppy alternatives of his current reality.
>>
>>153347459
Because she wasn't just worst girl in the series, she is contender to being the worst girl in all post 2000 manga
>>
>>153347459
STAY MAD AYUMISHITTERS
TENRINIGGERS
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.