[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm about to bite the bullet and watch finally Rebuilds.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9

I'm about to bite the bullet and watch finally Rebuilds. Is it really as bad as people say or not?
>>
>>153347240
It ruins everyones character, so watch on your own risk.
>>
It's not
>>
>>153347240
They're ok, they really do throw a curve ball with the preview for 3.0 and the final product though.
>>
They're actually better than the original if you actually like Eva. If you're a reifag retard that insists against all reason on refusing to interpret Eva correctly, though, just kill yourself.
>>
>>153347696
Even Misato?
>>
1.0 Is like what Anno was essentially aiming for in the Rebuilds, A movie that could capture some more of the publicized Eva and give some new viewers the good show. 2.0 was the slow descent into fanservice and Anno getting his shit kicked in by Waifuists, But it still had the integrity of NGE and the signature art standards of Anno (Excluding the shitty ending). Now, 3.0. 3.0 is the worst thing Anno has ever done, Period. I'm not going to spoil it, But it's completely fucking shit. There's only a little bit of thinking still left to theorize and Anno fucks off and gives Fanservice out like candy. Not trying to choke the flame of shitty waifuists slapping him back and forth trying to change his view on NGE into some sort of Tumblr-esque series. We have to hope that 4.0 or 3.0+1.0 is better than it.
>>
The animation is nice and the third one is genuinely interesting, while the other two are just trite retreads
>>
>>153347240
First one is a rehash, with odd transitions and lost character development.
Second one is fine, but too episodic.
Third might as well have been a different story altogether just rebranded under the Eva banner because Anno can't do anything else anymore.
Fourth one would be better off if it never came out.
>>
>>153348104
You're clearly a waifufag yourself. You really can't talk shit about people actually liking Eva or interpreting correctly.
>>
>>153348146
Especially, She get's almost no screentime and the entire little meddling slowly driving Shinji insane got cut out for changed details and foreshadowing.
(Le fucking moon so d33p XD)
>>
>>153348104
Anyone who dislikes rebuild can list a 100 reasons why, all you got to defend it is personal attacks. Gee, I wonder who's right.
>>
>>153348205
Not him, I'm actually OP, but I think I know who he's talking about
>>
>>153347696

This, and then we fight over whose character got dumbed down more.

Rei is dumbed down, Asuka is dumbed down, Kaji is barely there. There are barely any parallels between the adults and children.

What would be better is if 3.0 wasn't so distracted with trying to shock you and actually showed the kind of people Misato and Asuka have become. Actually set up Rei Q for some developement of her own while they're at it.

But its just so Schlocky.

They're pretty, got good music, and the JP acting is as good as ever. Some new designs for plugsuits are cool, Slavsquatting Asuka looks kinda cool. But there aint no heart in it anymore.

So don't so much turn off your brain, but try your best to ignore how much it comes up short as far as character writing is concerned.
>>
>>153348284
>They're pretty, got good music
Agreed. This is all they got going for them, they're pretty to look at and got a great soundtrack, but character and storywise they're utter crap.
>>
>>153348284
So enjoy it like a fanfiction with a budget?
>>
>>153347240
Anno was a mistake. His parents should have aborted him.
>>
File: 0263.jpg (99KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
0263.jpg
99KB, 800x800px
I saw 1.11 and 2.22 today in a movie theater and I feel okay about them. Catched my interest to see the original series.
>>
>>153348438
Hey NGE was good, Anno just realized he doesn't need to try anymore

Toriyama has learned this as well
>>
>>153348517
which was better?
>>
>>153348406
pretty much.
>>
File: Evangelion.jpg (99KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
Evangelion.jpg
99KB, 900x900px
Why is Kaji gay now?
Why is Toji's older sister still there if NERV killed her to put in 03?
Why the fuck is the Earth an Alien now?
Why is Shinji stuck in a cross?
Why is 01 still technically alive?
Why is Asuka and Mari still 14?
What the fuck is the "curse of the Eva"?
Why in the flying fuck was there two Lances?
How did the Wunder ever get built considering the world is fucked?
How does food ever get produced if the world is fucked?
How the fuck does the rest of the Navy survive if the world is fucked and there's no fuel?
Who's soul is in 013?
If there's an EVA factory in the NERV HQ, Why haven't we even heard it mentioned ever?
How in the hell is Shinji an Angel now?
Who the hell keeps working with Fyutsuuki and Gendo to upkeep the destroyed NERV HQ?
Why haven't we ever been given an explanation how the world survived when there's giant teeth in the ground and everything is red and apparently people can't breathe? Seriously! Asuka retrieves Shinji from 013's pod. Then somehow it's alright to breathe on the surface?

Just why?
>>
>>153348742
>Why is Toji's older sister still there if NERV killed her to put in 03?

I thought Toji's mom just died. That's why he was already a possible candidate like the rest of the class
>>
>>153348742
Bait desu.
>>
>>153348742
>Why is Toji's older sister still there if NERV killed her to put in 03?
They didn't his condition to become pilot is that they take care of her.
>If there's an EVA factory in the NERV HQ, Why haven't we even heard it mentioned ever?
Technically we've seen it i NGE
I'm with you on everything else.
>>
>>153348894
Everybody in the class was a candidate because they knew it would fail. No need to synch.
>>
File: 1486738651033.png (518KB, 1153x614px) Image search: [Google]
1486738651033.png
518KB, 1153x614px
>>153348742
I just pretend the Rebuilds don't exist.
>>
They some how made Asuka a lesbian, likes dolls and hates Kaji now. Misato is a cruel bitch who hates Shinji and has gone sober.

Yeah, that's all you need to know.
>>
>>153348104

Nigga. I agree with you that *CERTAIN* Reifags have used 3.0 to build a damn victim complex that enables them to tear a decent thread to shit.

Mostly because that autist doesn't understand the difference between "Best Girl" and opinionated Best Girl. Jesus christ, I cut my losses and say I try to enjoy tracksuit Asuka's design, such that my time isn't entirely wasted, and that retard acts like I'm complicit in the creation of Rei Q.

But lets not jump up our own asses to compete with the retard.

The biggest problem with the Rebuilds, Waifuwars, Reifags, tumblrfags/Shikinamifags , all this shit, is that its turned a series fanbase thats should be about learning to like yourself by accepting yourself and accepting the faults and perspectives of others into a fucking online crab culture where everyone has to shit on each other's waifu, and the thematic importance of each character, because "your enemy" in these incipid autist squabbles "doesn't understand eva."

Its honestly more depressing than the show.

>tumblrfags not understanding Kaworu is shameless escapism for Shinji that would be more beneficial to someone like Asuka
>Shikinami fags engaging in shipping when the best old Soryu could hope for is hatesex on the beach and maybe a relationship 14 years later once they've grown up
>*certain* Reifags who, ironically enough, project harder than Asuka and have ego's as big as her

Each of us relate to these characters in different ways and for different reasons. We could all stand to treat each other better.
>>
File: 1422149234964.jpg (52KB, 421x423px) Image search: [Google]
1422149234964.jpg
52KB, 421x423px
>>153348517
>rebuilds before original
>>
>>153348993
>gone sober

They crossed a line that must never be crossed
>>
>>153348993

I've been on the fence about checking out the Rebuilds for 6 months now. This post finally turned me off.
>>
1.0 is rehash, things start going off the rails in 2.0, and 3.0 is pure batshit crazy.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.