[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This wasn't bad at all. A rock solid super robot show with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

File: 61051l.jpg (80KB, 318x450px) Image search: [Google]
61051l.jpg
80KB, 318x450px
This wasn't bad at all. A rock solid super robot show with some really interesting ideas and great animation.
Why did it get ignored? Andbefore you say it, Star Driver wasn't that much better. It had the same problem, too many underdeveloped characters, and a weaker premise and villain.
>>
I read that many fans felt that it became really boring really fast, which is why they don't want to talk about it, because it didn't hold their interest.
No idea if it's true, I haven't watched the show myself, and I'm currently not in the mood for it. I might do so at some point later.
>>
>>153348290
>I read that many fans felt that it became really boring really fast
I mean, it's sort of formulaic, as these kind of shows usually are.
But Star Driver was even more so.
>>
It wasn't bad. Rewrite the show to get rid of Salty Dog and improve the pacing, and then you've got a pretty decent show with great animation and interesting ideas.
>>
>>153346877
I loved it, just generic mech.
>>
>>153348363
From the clips I watched on youtube about Star Driver, the fights looked kinda zanny and doesn't take itself too seriously. And from the description I read on wikipedia and other sites, Star Driver seems to be rather funny, whereas Captain Earth seemed to be far more serious.

Perhaps that was the problem. People might have expected something more lighthearted.
>>
Never watched Star Driver. For me the problem with Captain Earth was that the plot was just really dull. I wouldn't say bad, but the story was just so uninteresting. I liked the characters and their designs, and the music and animation were solid from what I recall. Just do a different story with the same everything else and I'd prolly love it.

Also it has my fav OP of that year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MxdmQXgteY
>>
>>153346877
Salty Dog was kind of shit, but overall I really liked the show and will likely rewatch it. Even bought the art and designs book.
>>
File: star driver sundays.jpg (96KB, 617x577px) Image search: [Google]
star driver sundays.jpg
96KB, 617x577px
>>153348505
Star Driver was a meme anime which was why it was great
>>
>>153348290
the whole arc where they went around hunting for all the other planetary gears really slowed things down, plus they didn't utilize the full combined form of the Earth Engine enough
>>
>>153348363
Star Driver was pretty flashy every week so it held interest far better , even if it was basically the same formula most of the time(also it had some good music). Also didn't help that the pacing in Captain Earth was horrible so lots of people dropped it by the half way mark.
>>
>>153349724
This

Also, fuck Salty Dog. More Puck shenanigans wouldn't have hurt either.
>>
File: 1452353867370.jpg (12KB, 336x352px) Image search: [Google]
1452353867370.jpg
12KB, 336x352px
>>153346877
Hahaahahahahahahaahahahahabah
>no
>>
I remember nothing about it other than the belly button dance, some stupid ritual between the two guys where they exchange something when they surprise each other, and the story getting completely fucking retarded.
>>
File: captain earth settei.jpg (62KB, 498x356px) Image search: [Google]
captain earth settei.jpg
62KB, 498x356px
I just wanted some goddamn space action, and even that is robbed from this show somehow.
>>
>>153346877
It was pretty bad.
>>
File: it's orgone.jpg (971KB, 952x1024px) Image search: [Google]
it's orgone.jpg
971KB, 952x1024px
the mascot was awesome
>>
File: kotoearthengeimp1.jpg (102KB, 466x640px) Image search: [Google]
kotoearthengeimp1.jpg
102KB, 466x640px
>>153350008
> Main mech barely shows up half the time
> Jobs all the time

What a waste of a sexy desgin
>>
>>153350008
No? Only a handful of episodes in the middle took place only on earth.
>>153349962
The story is pretty straightforward, only keeping track of all the names of machines, aliens and factions can be difficult.
>>
That assembly sequence they reused every other episode, though.
>>
>>153353751
There was a lot of fucking Pronouns.
>>
>>153353827
You mean the best part?
>>
>>153346877
>>153348290
>>153348363
I don't think it was bad but good god , I felt by the formula that this studio was the studio that made star driver and they did not learn their lesson. the episodes with plot were good(to me) but the formulaic episodes with the robot launching for random new baddies killed most of the hype for me. my god I like mostly all the characters but the formula was so painful to watch, honestly if they cut maybe like 10 from the series it would be a whole lot better.
>>
>>153353952
Yes, post webms
>>
>>153354386
Star Driver had good reception, what should they have learned?
And both the director and the writer come from Sailor Moon and other mahou shoujo, their confidence with the formula is probably why they were chosen in the first place (Star Driver is basically a mahou shonen).
>>
>>153354555
>what should they have learned?
that they could do better if they don't add in middle filler.
don't know what other mahou shoujo, but sailor moon is a long running series. while this is the flavor of season type of show.
it wasnt as bad in SD cause I doubt anyone cared what was going in normal time but in pretty boy time was the best . but not in this.
>>
>>153354681
The MotW it's not "filler", it's the essence of the show. And it being 25 episodes instead of 39 or 50 like older mahou shoujo and super robots doesn't change that.
Of course you're free to dislike it.
>>
>>153346877

The ending was a trainwreck.
>>
>>153346877
It is not fabulous.
>>
>>153354985
>And it being 25 episodes instead of 39 or 50 like older mahou shoujo and super robots doesn't change that.
who said I wanted it longer?
and I disagree if it had more or less episodes it would have had better pacing with the characters and the plot progression.
it felt like 25-26 episodes was just a terrible middle ground.
>>
File: captaindress.jpg (250KB, 1280x1434px) Image search: [Google]
captaindress.jpg
250KB, 1280x1434px
>>153346877
The show began to drag went they stayed too much with the Salty Dog plot, they culd have moved forward faster or use that time to expand more on the Kiltgangs.

I loved the show the animation and designs are solid and the soundtrack was pretty great, but the plot dragged a bit near the end and people just could not stomach a mind labyrinth episode after Salty Dog stuff.
>>
>>153348478
>>153349332
>>153349842
What's so.bad about Salty Dog?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mFJuGQbtJo

>You will never watch this for the first time again
>>
>>153355546
Brown girl was best part of the show.
>>
>>153346877

It got ignored, because it tried to ride on the success of Star Driver by trying to do an over the top mecha series that took itself seriously. You can have one or the other, but not both; they don't mix.

At all.

The reason why Star Driver succeeded was because it was a show that did NOT take itself seriously, and maintained a clear separation between mecha and real. It also lampshaded the separation by having everyone act like what took place in Zero Time was different than reality, EVEN THOUGH everyone KNEW who everyone else was. It was a practical joke inside of a joke.

Finally, it was FABULOUS and it was a show DESIGNED to be watched by a large group of people simultaneously while sharing their thoughts and feelings expressively. Captain Earth wanted to be the success that was Star Driver, but lacked any of the charm SD had. Therefore it didn't succeed.

It's not a bad show, but Bones released it WAY too early after Star Driver ended.
>>
>>153355808
That was hype as shit.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.