[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

for me anime fans in the west are divided into generations like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

for me anime fans in the west are divided into generations like this:

- 80s stuff like Akira and Macross brought a whole new generation to the medium
-90s i call it TV era in which stuff like DBZ and Sailor Moon introduced us to the medium
-late 90s early 00s VHSs era before DVD hit the market, InuYasha and Full Metal Panic were big back then
-2003 to 2010 fansub era stuff like Death Note and Haruhi also brought a whole new generation to the medium
finally 2011 to now i call it streaming era SAO and AoT like it or not they also brought a whole new generation

what generation are you from senpai?
>>
File: 1465415515871.jpg (38KB, 640x432px) Image search: [Google]
1465415515871.jpg
38KB, 640x432px
Fuck off you gigcuck cock sucking nigger kill yourself.
People have been trading anime VHS around since the 80s you underaged cancer piece of shit.

Globale Rule 6, mods take care of him!
>>
>>153325243
I think you got alot of key stuff wrong, but I agree that anime fans in the West somewhat identify themselves by generations. I've been saying this for a long time, that the whole 'all dubs are bad all the time' mentality comes from the late eighties to early nineties and only lives on because of internet culture and because everyone wants to be the biggest supernerd ever. When in reality the anime loving community on the west is much more diversified than that.
>>
>>153325243
Nice blogpost redditor-kun
>>
>>153327599
so what generation are you from?
>>
>>153328115
The Toonami generation who doesn't care about subs or dubs, action or moe or 2deep, we care about good stories with likable characters.
>>
I sarted with pokemon and dbz when iwas a kid in the early 2000. Then I moved on to naruto. But I didin't start watching seasonal anime until the 2010's
>>
>>153328411
You sound really pretentious.Go back to /r/eddit.
>>
>>153328426
same. there was a channel on tv back in my country that was basically 24\7 anime but i started watching seasonal anime in 2012
>>
>>153327599
>>153328411
>liking dubs
>thinks he is allowed an opinion
>>
>>153328788
>begging for attention and acceptance for hating dubs
>proving my point
>>
File: 1422594604009.jpg (54KB, 539x550px) Image search: [Google]
1422594604009.jpg
54KB, 539x550px
>>153328411
>The Toonami generation who doesn't care about subs or dubs
Is this faggot serious? They only watch whatever garbage they are fed and claim it's the best ever despite 60 years worth of animation existing in Japan right now.
>>
>>153328994
Na man, thats a much younger generation. The guys who grew up on Toonami are now on their upper twenties, early thirties, much more developed tastes.
>>
>>153325243
The internet making the majority of series widely available and easily accessible makes dividing by generation pretty much moot.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.