[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So... why did they build a city on top of a godlike being who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: Tokyo3.jpg (78KB, 600x497px) Image search: [Google]
Tokyo3.jpg
78KB, 600x497px
So... why did they build a city on top of a godlike being who created life on Earth while giant godlike aliens capable of vaporizing cities trying to get her.

Isn't it better if they built Dogma oh i don't know SOMEWHERE AWAY FROM MILLIONS OF INNOCENT CIVILIANS!

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT!?
>>
>>153299532
If you don't have access to civilians, where are we going to conveniently get children with the rare ability to synchronize with giant fleshmechas to fight off said godlike aliens? You act as if the civilians are more important than the end of the world.
>>
>>153299532
Because you need all those people to actually build and maintain things. Do you even war?
>>
It had a good hideout system for civilians, in the events of 3rd impact, whole earth would be fucked anyway. But as far as outside security goes, Tokyo 3 is probably the most advanced in the world of Eva, precisely because Dogma is the place that needs protection the most.

"God's in his heaven, all's right with the world."
>>
1. We never see anywhere in the world but the ocean, Tokyo 3 and a atomic robot test site

2. We are told the "world is fucked", whatever that means

3. 40km is a horizon. You still want a nearby city to be within 30-90km, assuming you can get some form of commuting between city and Geo Pyramid

4. NERV base isn't some bumfuck military outpost. Its a gigantic science factory with a minimum staffing of several hundred people just to remain operational. You NEED spare bodies and recruitment perks like bundles housing
>>
>>153299532
Dude Nerv is probably staffed by a small nation of employees all ran with military efficiency. That many people can't be in work mode 24/7, they need bars to unwind, grocery stores to feed themselves and schools for their families.
>>
File: GeoFront_Map.png (154KB, 550x464px) Image search: [Google]
GeoFront_Map.png
154KB, 550x464px
Dogma (and all of Nerv for that matter) is inside Lilith's Black Egg. They didn't have a choice, shits huge
>>
>>153299532
Logistics
how do you get all the people who work at nerv to the base?
simple, just have them live on top of it
>>
>>153299532
Everyone living in Tokyo 3 is either working at nerv or providing services for people working at NERV.

Tokyo 3 is basically oversized dorms that turned into a city. You need tons of personnel to man that giant hq. And all of those people require food, entertainment, housing, services etc. A city is the smartest choice.
>>
>>153299532
They would probably receive massive funds for needing to protect citizens, a bonus aside from secret alien containment.
>>
The Geo-Front was always a really neat architectural mavel.

A CITY UNDER A CITY that gets destroyed during EoE
>>
I'm more interested in the architectural plausibility of the geofront. Is it feasible to build a city on layers of metal? Would that hold, structurally?
>>
In addition to all the other points raised in this retarded thread, heres another reason:
>hide Lillith in the middle of nowhere
>Aliens constantly going ham on a point in the middle of nowhere
>People start to wonder what the fuck is going on, and what the fuck they're hiding there
>Hide alien under capital of country
>People just assume aliens are going after the city and don't question too much
>Government also gives you big fat juicy contract to defend city even though you were going to have to defend whatever was above Lillith anyway
>>
File: mpc-hc 2014-12-28 08-46-28-47.webm (2MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
mpc-hc 2014-12-28 08-46-28-47.webm
2MB, 960x540px
>>153299532
>>
>>153302470
It would be impractical with any material we have currently/can produce on a large enough scale, but seems like a realistic possibility somewhere down the lines.

In the anime presumably there's some materials tech salvaged from the aliums involved in the construction of the geofront.
>>
>>153302470
No. Never. Unless you construct it like a bridge.
t. construction engineer
It's anime magic.
>>
>>153302682
*t. construction engineer with severe autism who can't see more than a cm in front of his own face
>>
>>153302464
It had already become a city under the Ayanami inland sea by then.
>>
>>153302636
>>153302682
Thanks. I figured it was probably impossible, but giant robots.
>>
File: crazy-japanese-inventions-151.jpg (264KB, 1500x1990px) Image search: [Google]
crazy-japanese-inventions-151.jpg
264KB, 1500x1990px
how do i watch evangelion?

i saw the first 22 or so episodes, then i watched the rebuild up to halfway between 3.0.

never saw EoE desu senpai
>>
>>153302470
It's an empty egg shell. After even the smallest tremor, no one would be able to put humpty dumpty back together.
>>
>>153303140
What the fuck
Release order, of course
You may skip Death and Rebirth (although I wouldn't). Episodes 21-24 DC obviously, I recommend Sephirotic.
>>
If there are no civilian risks you won't convince highly impressionable children to get in the fucking robot.
>>
>>153303238
i heard that the last 2 episodes were just sketches because gainax ran out of money, though i could be misremembering. and i meant to say that i watched the rebuild years later, not right after.

so i should just watch everything from the top
>>
>>153303140
You dun goofed.
Watch the TV series to the end, then watch End Of. Rebuild should only be watched after the originals.
>>
>>153299532
Tokyo-3 exists to maintain NERV. Everyone who lives there works for Nerv or provides service for people who work at Nerv and their families (food, education and such).
>>
>>153299532
wasn't the city basically a a defense mechanism though?
>>
>>153303320

It sorta worked for shinji who sorta wanted to help people some of the time but not the other two which in fairnees leads us to ask why even bother
>>
>>153299532
You know this has nothing to do with their reasoning, but considering Lilith is called a Seed of Life, if you think about it, Tokyo 3 is sort of like a tree growing out from the soil where a seed was planted.
>>
>>153303409
Maybe, if you feel like going through it all again.
The resolution to Shinji's character in the last TV episodes is drastically different than the resolution to his character in EoE. But most of the events happening in EoE are actually happening in the TV episodes. So the only difference between them is presentation and Shinji's character.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.