[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it wrong that I prefer Code Geass over LoGH?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: logh cg.jpg (99KB, 444x310px) Image search: [Google]
logh cg.jpg
99KB, 444x310px
Is it wrong that I prefer Code Geass over LoGH?
>>
>>153297933
No, it just means you're a peasant.
>>
Both are garbage.
>>
No. They're two completely different shows. One is mecha and the other is a political drama.
>>
>>153297958
>>153297968
Fuck you.

>>153297984
But I read that the writer of CG was heavily influenced by LoGH.
>>
>>153298177
but CG had a far better ending so the influence wasnt that heavy
>>
>>153298301
Reinhard and Lelouch are still dead, so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>153298457
Lelouch didn't die.
>>
>>153298301
That's not saying much since CG's ending was pretty trash
>>
>>153297933
Yes.
>>
>>153297933
Neo /a/ ladies and gentleman
>>
>>153297933
Why? I also enjoyed CG more than LotGH. This is from someone that even has nostalgia for LotGH with VHS tapes for almost every episode.

LotGH suffered mostly for being a product of it´s era. Boring directions makes almost all the conversation boring to watch, note, watch. I enjoyed reading it more. CG is easily so much better. Looking forward to the LotGH remake and R3.
>>
>>153301597
>R3
wait what?

no fucking way this is a thing...

I haven't been on /a/ in 4 years.
>>
>>153297933
Yes it's wrong, mostly because CG is shit whereas LOGH is the best anime out there
>>
>>153301799
R1 is a masterpiece, R2 is shit.

So it's only half shit.

Also LoGH became really boring once Yang died.
>>
>>153301683
>Missing the day when R3 was announced
>All the nip girls and a anon going to the show to see the announcement live
>Constant flooding of CG threads for a month
At least you can catch the show with /a/ when it airs.
>>
>>153301880
R2 had it´s up and downs. Ending was pure cinema though. Agree on Legend becoming garbage when Yang died. Show couldn´t be carried with just one MC.
>>
>>153297984
Well spaceships in LoGH aren't properly mecha, but you have a point there.
>>
>>153297933
No, I also do.
>>
>>153301913
Holy shit, I regret not seeing this happen, it must've been amazing.

I should really stop being a wageslave cuck and just hang out with you guys again. /blog
>>
>>153301913
The gaijin wasn't an anon, was he? If it was, why the fuck did we have to read his twitter instead of him just posting the shit here directly?
>>
File: 1372274700507.jpg (113KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1372274700507.jpg
113KB, 960x720px
>>153301880
>>153301597
>>153298301
>>153297984
>>153301365
>LoGH became boring
>became

It's always been dull. The only reason people pretend to like it is to have this hipster pseudo-intellectual cred and to brag that you have "good taste" to other contrarian hipsters on the internet. No normal person thinks LoGH is entertaining, just tryhards who think chinese cartoons are deep. Same people that think Evangelion and Lain are intellectual masterpieces that only sekrit klub members can deduce.

Spewing sloppy philosophy and having main characters die is all LoGH did. It's for people who sniff their own farts and want to be special snowflakes. That's the truth no one wants to admit, as evidence by the replies to this post. (aka wannabes that want to hold on to their fedoras)

While Code Geass is also overrated to an extent, at least it manages to be interesting and entertaining. Something LoGH can never hope to be except for the edgelords on 4chan.
>>
File: 1486160351243.jpg (379KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486160351243.jpg
379KB, 1280x720px
>>153301880
>logh BECAME boring
That's funny, I thought it was a snoozefest from episode 1.
>>
Code Geass was a complete shit and the MC was the dumbest of the dumbest fucks.

>Black Knights betray Zero for no reason
>Lelouch doesn't even try to explain to them that he didn't use his Geass on them
>Lelouch, for no reason at all, lies to Suzaku that he intentionally used his Geass on Euphy
>lies to Kallen that he was using her for no apparent reason
>CC loses her memory (for what purpose)?
>regains it but acts cold towards Lelouch
>Lelouch starts pretending he's evil
>Zero Requiem

This is why this show was such garbage.
>>
>>153302182
This.

I think a lot of the reasons why anime is considered lesser than other film is because of anime fans, casual anime fans, and even people who are deep into it, they don't really appreciate anime as a medium, they spout shallow works (Such as Legend of the Galactic Heroes) as greats for having a complex narrative and intrigue even though thematically and technique wise it's extremely basic, they have no care for animation or any film making, and are caught up in cursory appeals, (shallow narratives, and plots). It sounds pretentious, but i'd say the "wrong reasons".
>>
>>153297933
No. LOGH is more grandiose, but Gayass is just plain fun and a good crowd pleaser. Can't imagine watch LOGH with friends.
>>
>>153302055
>Not shilling your twitter for followers
Do you even social media you caveman?
>>
>>153302549
>Can't imagine watch LOGH with friends.
It's fun.
Brandy makes it even better.
The fuck is my visible sage?
>>
>>153302433
>I have no idea on why people do things if they do not explain it to my face
Nice pasta, 6/10.
>>
Honestly, LoGH made me cringe more often than it made me appreciate the writing. The highschool politics 101 speeches that are made to seem like they're supposed to be really smart, the incredibly obvious military ploys, especially Yang taking over the fortress, it was all kind of painful to watch.
>>
>>153303087
Lucky
>>
>>153302182
>>153302499
LotGH is unironically the most overrated anime on /a/. Sure it's good, but it's not a masterpiece, and the only reason it gets away with being praised to the skies so much is because not enough people have watched it.

Babby's first 'mature' anime. Everyone who is over 16 and unironically enjoys it, thinking it 'deep', 'complicated', 'realistic' or something like that, should kts. Also has boring and shit designs even for its era.
>>
LoGH would have been better as a live action show in English. It fails to excel at the things anime should excel at.
>>
>>153303102
No, it was super retarded how forced certain situations were in the show.

>Lelouch can get out of the trouble and solve everything simply by explaining to others that he isn't a bad guy (didn't use Geass on them, etc)

But this never happens and he never does it. That's why it's forced.
>>
>ITT A bunch of "enlightened" contrarians
>>
>>153297968
agreed wasted my time with these shows because of /a/. I hate theses animes as much as I hate rom coms animes
>>
>>153303248
Honestly from the looks of this thread, the backlash of this show are far more pretensous, at least on this board. I guess its okay to give shows like CG a pass, but when a show that actually tries gets praised, the lot of you suddenly become critical thinkers.
>>
>>153302433
>Point one
Yeah, you got me, they were being dumb fucks operating off of intelligence given to them by an enemy commander, supported by an enemy agent and their own second in command, who was involved with said agent
>Point two
At that point, it was pretty obvious they wouldn't listen to him no matter what, so why bother?
>Point three
What could he have told him? "You know how your girlfriend's idea that would've completely solved the Japanese's problems, thereby making my revolution meaningless was completely shattered with her slaughtering the civilians, thereby ensuring that my rebellion had the full support of the Japanese people? Yeah, total accident bro, you just gotta trust me even though I can't prove it in any way."
>Point four
He was doing that for the same reason he geassed Shirley to forget him. He was trying to protect her by pushing her away.
>Point five
She lost her memory because she locked away her code in order to prevent Charles from using it to activate the Sword of Akasha
>Point six
Don't know what you're talking about, but I'm rewatching right now and I haven't reached that point yet, so I probably forgot.
>Point seven
It was part of the plan, become the most despised human being in history, focus the world's combined hatred upon himself...
>Point eight
... and then have that point of hate removed by the symbol of justice that he created, thereby paving the way for a world without war, for a while at least.
>>
>>153303420
What kind of shows do you like then?

Please don't say HxH, I'm going to fucking kill myself.
>>
>>153303524
Good post.

I have nothing to add.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.