[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the best anime about terrorism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

Is this the best anime about terrorism?
>>
File: terror-1024x575[1].png (937KB, 1024x575px) Image search: [Google]
terror-1024x575[1].png
937KB, 1024x575px
>>
>>153282765
Railgun S
>>
>>153282765
Why is she wearing a diaper and displaying it in such manner? The outfit is simply retarded.
>>
That's not Code Geass.
>>
>>153282853
It's a leotard.
>>
File: 1302281776516.jpg (45KB, 483x469px) Image search: [Google]
1302281776516.jpg
45KB, 483x469px
Mirai nikki
>>
>>153282765
It was about love
>>
Sister got cancer and big brother went to do terrorist work to get money to cure her.
>>
Penguindrum has that Aum Shinrikyo Japanese flavour of terrorism, doing it for weird abstract ideals instead of making a political message or just for destruction's sake.
>>
>>153283058
It's about moving on from the sins of one's fathers and that being punished for them causes pain that helps nobody and obviously also forgiveness.
>>
>>153282853
There is something wrong with your brain.
>>
>>153282792
>first eps until engrish kicked in
>>
Penguindrum's plot is a mess
>>
>>153282765
I liked it even though i didn't understand a thing about it.
>>
Concrete Revolutio was about the East Asia Anti-Japan Armed Front and other late 1960s and 70s political activism groups represented through superbeings struggling against each another for their ideals during that era.

You had the moderate Little Boy Jirou Hitoyoshi, who wants to make the world a better place, but quite frankly doesn't know how to do so, contrasted with radical extremist Shiba Raitou, who was willing to fight all of Japan through any means necessary if it means to bring true JUSTICE to wake up the world.

In the end, the big revolution never came to be, as it was crushed by the powers that were and still exist today.
>>
>>153283730
IS there one? Im at episode 6 and about to drop it
>>
>>153283984
Funny because you're still at the part where things make a little bit of sense and symbolism isn't completely overblown yet. It gets much worse at the second half.

Still, I think that the show is enjoyable and has pretty nice artwork, it's just a little overrated by people who mistake it as being something deep or really well written.
>>
>>153283984
It gets a lot better in the second half.
>>
>>153282765
I didn't know it was possible to make Himari look ugly, but your picture definitely proved how to, OP.
Also, yes Penguindrum is the best anime, period.
>>153283959
ConRevo was superb as well though.
>>153283984
Penguindrum isn't everyone's cup of tea, I absolutely adore it, but it is quite particular. I'd say try watching up to episode 9, if you still don't like it, then it's probably just not the anime for you. Episode 9 kinda embodies everything that makes up Penguindrum, if you don't like that episode, you won't enjoy the rest of it either.

If I had to describe why I enjoy Penguindrum, I wouldn't even briefly consider the plot. The "plot" is so irrelevant in regards to what the series stands for as a whole.
>>
>>153283984
It picks up when Himari dies the second time and Masako (best girl) shows up.

Antarctic Terrorist Doctor Akio is a bit of a disappointment, unfortunately.

>>153283730
It's pretty straightforward, something happened in the past and you learn more about it as it goes on, as well as resolve the problem that the sister is dying.
>>
File: 1485304804051.png (418KB, 600x802px) Image search: [Google]
1485304804051.png
418KB, 600x802px
>Himari is clearly more attractive than Ringo
>Still feels more attraction to Ringo anyway
>>
>>153284369
Ringo is the reincarnation of loli Jesus.
>>
>>153284458
>Ringo
>Loli
nani
>>
>>153284476
Momoka is literally Jesus.
>>
Penguindrum has my favorite female school uniform in it.
I love the turtleneck undershirt.
>>
So, why was Momoka such a cunt?
And what happened to Mario?
>>
I got teary every other episode.
>>
>>153285340
Slowly realizing that Himari had to die was really depressing and yet, somehow the resolution didn't feel forced, it was more like a culmination of everything that happened up until then.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.