[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>having powers doesn't make you a special snowflake >being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 22

File: mob saitama.jpg (104KB, 564x423px) Image search: [Google]
mob saitama.jpg
104KB, 564x423px
>having powers doesn't make you a special snowflake
>being the best doesn't guarantee happiness
>there are no shortcuts to happiness, so work hard

How can ONE create such entertaining works while distilling such good lessons?
>>
File: test.png (189KB, 438x438px) Image search: [Google]
test.png
189KB, 438x438px
test
>>
>>153274656
They're nice ideals, but the truth is talent in some areas is all you need to be popular and live comfortably.
>>
>>153274656
>doesn't guarantee happiness
If you choose a cunt that don't like you back as a merit of happiness - sure it won't.
Anyone who played their favorite video game with cheats know that being OP devalues achievements and robs you of sense of accomplishment, nothing "good" about these themes, they're obvious.
Give us more OPM carnage.
>>
>>153274656
im stunned by your stupidity
>>
File: reigen slaps chuunis.jpg (121KB, 715x1013px) Image search: [Google]
reigen slaps chuunis.jpg
121KB, 715x1013px
I'm impressed at his ability to make 'cool' characters and villains look ordinary, even pathetic.
>>
>>153274656
test
>>
>>153274656
His humor is on point too. Sometimes a bit dark, but the delivery is good.
>>
>>153274656

Sounds like your typical Japanese hammer and nail bullshittery, bravo ONE, everyone should aspire to be a drone just like you.
>>
>>153274656
Those aren't good lessons, MP is full of preachy shit aimed at losers to make themselves feel better about being losers. That's really it.
>>
>>153274903
But it doesn't guarantee happiness.
>>
File: 20140101190141502.jpg (152KB, 879x1296px) Image search: [Google]
20140101190141502.jpg
152KB, 879x1296px
>>153279903
There's plenty of series that make losers feel good, shamelessly too. MP makes losers feel completely unremarkable, which is why some hate it.
>>
>if you have a extraordinary talent, you shouldn't try to capitalize on it because that somehow be bad

Yeah, real good lesson there.
>>
>>153274656
>How can ONE create such entertaining works while distilling such good lessons?
Hit and miss, the misses trick retards into thinking they're hits because Death Punch Guy removes the opposition without effort.

Like the nazi-chan "fight". I'm not a eugenics lunatic or whatever but this bit was weak in morality/philosophy or whatever the author was going for
>What you're doing is just like selective breeding on corn
>The taste may get more or less sweet, but at the end of the day, it's still corn
We've created dogs, insects, even fish that are objectively larger and more dangerous than their cousins purely through selective breeding. Certain feral dogs are out-breeding and out-hunting their wolf ancestors.

Some species have been so altered through human's selectively breeding them that they are a completely different species a thousand years later. Meaning "at the end of the day" corn is no longer corn, wolves are no longer wolves, aurochs are no longer aurochs.

Or maybe Saitama is being set up to be a villain at some point where he gets tired of heroes infighting and enforces his own goofy philosophy onto everyone, with threats of being punched if you don't comply. Which would be cool.
>>
>>153280212
Never said it makes them feel good, just that it makes them feel better about being losers. It does this by trying to tell them "No don't worry, talented and skilled people are just like you and totally aren't better than you. Just listen to Reigen, the fraud piece of shit preach to the audience because he's actually super smart in a deep way."

>>153280536
Also this.
>>
>ITT: self-claimed "talented" people are angry at society for holding them down.
>>
>>153280660
Who said anything about being mad or being held down? I'm pretty damn successful in my field, I'm damn happy about it, and I sure as hell don't feel bad that other people are too stupid to get as far as I have.
>>
File: 1457757660200.png (271KB, 334x389px) Image search: [Google]
1457757660200.png
271KB, 334x389px
>>153280708
>and I sure as hell don't feel bad that other people are too stupid to get as far as I have.
Of course you wouldn't. You'd feel good.
>>
>>153280737
>You'd feel good.
Nah, it's either indifference or pity.

Unless they're an annoying little faggot about it, then I laugh at them.
>>
>>153280588
>talented and skilled people are just like you and totally aren't better than you
They are better at what they are talented and skilled at. They're still just people though. MP100 doesn't rip on people for being better than others in that sense, just conceited people.

Mob has all the power in the world but is still a unremarkable loser, and his life will never get any better unless he makes it better.
>>
>>153280828
>He has the power to do anything
>But he's a loser because he's too stupid and insecure to actually use that power
>So talented people really aren't special!
It's got a clumsy and hamfisted message aimed at making losers feel better. That's all it is.
>>
>>153280950
Talents are tools and only as good as the person using them. But a talented person is still just a person.

You know what people really hate? Being told they're actually unremarkable and not special in any way. Did MP100 make you feel bad?
>>
>>153279903
Except it also "preaches" to become a better person. Nice try.
>>153280536
>>153280588
Amazing reading comprehension here.
How does it feel to not even being able to understand chinese comics aimed at children?
>>153280660
Kek.
>>
>>153281097
>Amazing reading comprehension here.
>How does it feel to not even being able to understand chinese comics aimed at children?

So, you have no argument to defend your favorite comic artists shitty understanding of life? It's okay, son, you'll figure it out eventually.
>>
>>>/thrash/
>>
>>153281094
>Talents are tools and only as good as the person using them.
Right, because the world is full of geniuses who can't figure out how to apply themselves at all or how to use their talents, and who impose artificial limits on themselves arbitrarily.

>You know what people really hate? Being told they're actually unremarkable and not special in any way. Did MP100 make you feel bad?
Nope, when you graduate a top world ranked school with a graduate degree and excel in your field, you tend not to feel bad when losers on the internet who want to pretend everyone is just like them try to bring you down to their level. I get it, you're dumb and you're angry that there are people better than you at things.
>>
File: Mob Psycho 100 06.png (1MB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
Mob Psycho 100 06.png
1MB, 1280x738px
Sometimes I feel like people misinterpret it on purpose.

>>153280950
You're just twisting the moral around to make it sound stupid?
Being a good person is more important than being a talented person.
And being talented doesn't make you a better person.

Usually in shounen anime the MC is super boring and a loser, but he has one hidden talent that makes him super special.
Mob Psycho actively tells the viewer that you're not cool and super special for having one thing you're good at.

>>153281208
>>153281290
>being this mad

Anon why don't you try to impove your life instead of showing everyone how much of a faggot you are?
>>
File: 0049.jpg (109KB, 715x1013px) Image search: [Google]
0049.jpg
109KB, 715x1013px
>>153281290
>Right, because the world is full of geniuses who can't figure out how to apply themselves at all or how to use their talents, and who impose artificial limits on themselves arbitrarily.
Hey, that's just Mob. Why do you feel insulted?
>when you graduate a top world ranked school with a graduate degree and excel in your field
You're still just another person. Why is that so hard to swallow? Those are excellent achievements worthy of praise, but that doesn't make you a superhuman everyone should worship.
>>
>>153281331
>Being a good person is more important than being a talented person.
Squandering talent or being talentless doesn't make you inherently a good person.

>And being talented doesn't make you a better person.
Actually it does. If two people are equivalent otherwise, having talent is better than not having talent. Thinking otherwise is rationalization.

>Mob Psycho actively tells the viewer that you're not cool and super special for having one thing you're good at.
Being a demi-god isn't the same as "being good at one thing."

>being this mad
Who's mad? You sound like you're projecting because you have a deep psychological need to believe that with talent comes angry and a lack of satisfaction in life..
>>
>>153281331

Son, you're the only butthurt one here who doesn't understand anything at all about life. I know your children's cartoons with their cute lessons make you feel good about yourself, but you really need to grow up and face reality. It's embarrassing to even watch you acting this way.
>>
>>153274903
In the vast majority of cases talent doesn't mean shit without hard work.
>>
>>153281422
You realize that posting the manga equivalent of a "look how silly I am!" MS paint comic doesn't give you a point, right? It's actually just childish and stupid.

>Hey, that's just Mob. Why do you feel insulted?
I'm insulted by the hollow writing and pandering in the series.
>Mob has the power to do literally anything, but he doesn't because demi-gods are just normal people too, so now we show all the people below Mob (but who are still superhuman) to be just regular people too!
It's the same kind of shallow pandering you find in shitty LNs.

>but that doesn't make you a superhuman everyone should worship.
Never once claimed I was, just that if I had the choice to be good at things like I am, or average, then I'm going to pick the first one literally every single time.
>>
>>153281483
>I have no argument and I need to save face.
>>
>>153281501

So, now you're stooping to parroting me? Really, how much of a child can you be... This is literally giving me second hand embarrassment here.
>>
>>153279903
>this manga is just trying to make people feel better. That's really it guys
>What a shitty cause!
>>
>>153281552
Yes, wallowing in self pity instead of aspiring to self improvement is a shitty cause, and I have no sympathy for whiny little faggots who choose the former over the latter.
>>
>>153281496
>You realize that posting the manga equivalent of a "look how silly I am!" MS paint comic doesn't give you a point, right?
I posted to show how silly and stupid that line of thinking is. I hope you didn't feel insulted, that's just shameful.
>Never once claimed I was, just that if I had the choice to be good at things like I am, or average, then I'm going to pick the first one literally every single time.
Good. MP100 doesn't say you should be average. I don't understand what your gripe is unless you feel insulted by its ripping on conceited people.
>>
>>153280708
>I'm pretty damn successful in my field

Even if that is true, the manga totally should have pandered to you, because people like you are 99% of the population.
>>
>>153281253
Didn't the linking work?
>>>/trash/
>>
>>153281573
>aspiring to self improvement
Good thing MP100 has a protagonist doing that.
>>
>>153281573
Sitting in my room and whining is so much easier though.
It baffles me how normal people can do things they don't want to.
>>
File: .png (297KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
.png
297KB, 500x281px
>>153281432
>Squandering talent or being talentless doesn't make you inherently a good person.
Of course not. I never said that.

>If two people are equivalent otherwise, having talent is better than not having talent.
Sure. But the thing Mob is commenting on is people who act like assholes because their talent gives them the possibility.
It's not black and white, Mob is pretty nuanced about this.
I'd rather be friends with a cool talentless person than a talented mastermind genius who's not fun hanging out with cause he's annoying.

Remember Mob is about human relationships, not success in your career.

>Being a demi-god isn't the same as "being good at one thing."
And still he can't impress the girl he likes.

>>153281483
Nice ad hominem Anon.

>>153281573
The MC joins the literal "body improvement club" instead of the loser nerd club where you just sit around all day.
If Mob Psycho isn't about self improvement, then what anime is?

>>153281641
kek
>>
>>153281656

>Nice ad hominem Anon.

Son, you've been doing nothing but throwing around ad hominems since you started talking to me. No one likes a hypocrite.
>>
>>153281591
>I posted to show how silly and stupid that line of thinking is
No, you posted an extremely heavy handed message without an ounce of tact or skill in delivery.

>I don't understand what your gripe is unless you feel insulted by its ripping on conceited people.
No, my gripe is that it pretends that all people are equal and that some people aren't just better at things than others, and somehow that leveraging your own talents to get ahead is morally reprehensible. The entire thing reads like a bad children's book.

>>153281593
This doesn't even make a little bit of sense. The manga uses pyschic power as a measuring stick for talent, takes the most power psychic, and then says "See! This special person isn't actually all that special, he's just like you! That means everyone who has talent is like that too!"

>>153281634
>I want to be a better person by handicapping myself for no reason and then succeeding on the normal scale that normal people can compete with
Yes, such aspirations.

>>153281641
Reward makes it worth it.

>>153281656
>But the thing Mob is commenting on is people who act like assholes because their talent gives them the possibility.
Yes, it makes people who have talent and happily use that talent out to be big mean bullies.

>Mob is pretty nuanced about this.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>And still he can't impress the girl he likes.
Because he's purposefully written to be an idiot who doesn't use his skills.

>The MC joins the literal "body improvement club" instead of the loser nerd club where you just sit around all day.
Tell me, why does someone with the powers of a demi-god need to not use those powers to do things? Working on your body is great, but give me a reason why he doesn't train and use his powers. No misguided preachy moral bullshit, but an actual reason he doesn't happily use his powers for personal gain. Before you say something absolutely retarded, personal gain doesn't mean "I steal shit from others."
>>
>>153281331
>Sometimes I feel like people misinterpret it on purpose.
The overgrown chuunis can't handle being knocked down to earth.
>>
>>153280583
i don't think there has been a species that has been so drastically altered that breeding with its wild counterpart is no longer possible, excluding some physical problems that might occur when say, a chihuahua tries fucking a wolf.
The better dogs, insects and fish can still breed with their wild counterparts, which makes them the same species, aka "just corn"
besides this his point isn't that breeding doesn't work, its that despite being better at some stuff, he's still a human, and therefore not inherently worth more or less then other humans.
>>
>>153281754
>and therefore not inherently worth more or less then other humans.
>Person A is a genius who is in top physical shape
>He makes huge contributions to the field of medicine, and once pulled a family of 4 out of a car wreck and saved them
>Person B is a fat idiot who sits in his room all day and reads MP, and has contributed to nothing ever
>But he's a nice person, so he feels good on the inside
>Both of these people are worth the same
It's an extremely example, but it gets the point across. No, all people are not worth the same.
>>
File: 1484186609883.jpg (39KB, 389x361px) Image search: [Google]
1484186609883.jpg
39KB, 389x361px
>>153281732
>reward makes it worth it
Doesn't for me.
>>
>>153281732
>heavy handed message
It wasn't heavy at all. He's just a bitter, deluded, conceited old man. Nothing more, nothing less.
>pretends that all people are equal
All people are equally human. Having powers doesn't change that.
>some people aren't just better at things than others
Like Mob's brother, who's better than him at everything but psychic power?
>somehow that leveraging your own talents to get ahead is morally reprehensible
Only the way people like Claw use it.
>>
>>153281208
It's in the response above yours, retard.
>>
>>153281732
>No, my gripe is that it pretends that all people are equal and that some people aren't just better at things than others, and somehow that leveraging your own talents to get ahead is morally reprehensible.
Not him, but this is bullshit. The message is that just because you're good at ONE thing (here psychic abilities) doesn't mean you should feel superior to others, when those others are superior to you in other ways (social skills, physical abilities etc.). The message is not that everyone is equal, it's that people have different skills and valuaing your own skills over that of others by default is biased.
>>
>>153281732
You have a point. You're just being an asshole about everything.
>>
>>153281732
>I want to be a better person by handicapping myself for no reason and then succeeding on the normal scale that normal people can compete with
Psychic power doesn't get automatically give him everything he wants, so he has to work for it like every other human being like himself.
>>
>>153281732
>an actual reason he doesn't happily use his powers for personal gain
All he wants to do is fuck Tsubomi and psychic powers don't do shit for that.
>>
>>153281837

It's not.
>>
>>153281829
I like having disposable income and being able to support myself. Weebshit, electronics, nice food, travel and my hobby related toys are all expensive. Effort extends to other things too. Most people are too lazy to learn moon, but will spend all day crying about subs and shitty translations here. I just learned moon and now I can watch, read and play whatever I want. Effort gets you nice things. That's it.

>>153281834
>It wasn't heavy at all
It was a textbook example of heavy handed story telling. I don't even think you know what the words you're arguing mean anymore.

>All people are equally human. Having powers doesn't change that.
No, you are most certainly not the same as a demi-god, no matter how much you want to believe you are.

>Like Mob's brother, who's better than him at everything but psychic power?
Yes, because Mob is written in an exaggerated way to be stupid.

>Only the way people like Claw use it.
Please, even when Teru told Mob to use his fucking powers, captain moralfag "Trust me I have the moral highground" Reigen argued against it because "No you're totally just a normal kid even though you're a demi-god."

>>153281841
>The message is that just because you're good at ONE thing (here psychic abilities) doesn't mean you should feel superior to others,
Except being a literal demi-god means you're actually better than everyone else.

>>153281901
I have not once claimed anything to the contrary.

>>153281941
In about 3 minutes I could think of a dozen ways to get rich while also genuinely helping other people with those psychic powers. Mob being as stupid and useless as he is to showcase "No they're totally normal just like me!" is just bad pandering for untalented people.

>>153281964
If you can't think of a way to get win over a girl's heart when you could literally move the fucking stars in the sky to write out "Will you go out with me?" then there's a serious problem with you.
>>
>>153281732
>Yes, it makes people who have talent and happily use that talent out to be big mean bullies.
It has mostly negative examples of talented people.
If Mob didn't learn to be responsible he'd turn out like those.
But there are good examples of talented people too.
For once, Reigen who does his best at work and leading Mob in the right direction in life.
And the body improvement club, those guys are just total bros, encouraging and helping the weaker Mob.

>Because he's purposefully written to be an idiot who doesn't use his skills.
He tried to use his skills to impress the girl.
But she's more impressed by people who are fit.
He can't just solve all problems in life with his powers.

>Tell me, why does someone with the powers of a demi-god need to not use those powers to do things?
Because to lead a life in modern society you need to do stuff you can't do with psychic powers.
You can't pass a math exam, you can't do your finances, you can't get a date.
Sure, he could live any way he wants. He has the power to take care of himself.
But he just wants to be a normal member of society and lead a happy life and his powers alone won't give him that.
This is a Japanese story after all, while you can critizise it for having a bit of a drone mentality, it still one that has him grow up into a responsible adult.
>>
>>153282068
>It has mostly negative examples of talented people.
Yes, which is what I said.

>For once, Reigen who does his best at work and leading Mob in the right direction in life.
Nah, fuck Reigen.

>And the body improvement club, those guys are just total bros, encouraging and helping the weaker Mob.
Yes, those guys are total bros and probably my favorite characters alongside Teru.

>He can't just solve all problems in life with his powers.
Except if he spent 15 minutes reading a book, he'd use his powers to increase gravity on his body to get CV work in all day, and use his powers to literally rip apart his muscles, then eat a bunch until they came back bigger. Yes, his powers could easily be used to solve his problem with just the tiniest bit of effort and thinking.

>Because to lead a life in modern society you need to do stuff you can't do with psychic powers.
And how the fuck does that mean that you should use psychic powers for the 99% of things they can help you with?

>You can't pass a math exam, you can't do your finances, you can't get a date.
Not using your powers doesn't help you with any of those things. Show me benefit for not using your powers where you can.

>But he just wants to be a normal member of society and lead a happy life and his powers alone won't give him that.
>He just wants to cripple himself for literally no reason
Right there. That right there is why it's stupid.

>This is a Japanese story after all, while you can critizise it for having a bit of a drone mentality, it still one that has him grow up into a responsible adult.
I sure as hell can.
>>
>>153282042
>It was a textbook example of heavy handed story telling.
It's pretty smooth.
>I don't even think you know what the words you're arguing mean anymore.
I'd say the same for you but whatever.
>you are most certainly not the same as a demi-god
Having powers won't make you a demi-god. You'd still be a human being.
>Yes, because Mob is written in an exaggerated way to be stupid.
Sure he's not bright but he's just an insecure teen like many others.
>Please, even when Teru told Mob to use his fucking powers, captain moralfag "Trust me I have the moral highground" Reigen argued against it because "No you're totally just a normal kid even though you're a demi-god."
Mob is still a child and a human being and Reigen treats him accordingly.
>>
>>153274656
Having powers sounds great in theory, but in practice it just means the person is not allowed to leave a government facility.
>>
>>153282042
>Except being a literal demi-god means you're actually better than everyone else.
No. Being able to move around object by thought doesn't mean you're better at proving mathematical theorems, or making people love you, or inventing you vaccines, or creating music, or a lot of other stuff.
>>
>>153282271
>It's pretty smooth.
Having the bad guy scream your exaggerated message that you disagree with as the good guy beats him up is the definition of heavy handed. Please tell me you're pretending and aren't honestly that stupid.

>Having powers won't make you a demi-god. You'd still be a human being.
No. Being able to move the entire planet with your mind disqualifies you from being a normal human.

>but he's just an insecure teen like many others.
No, he's written borderline retarded on purpose. Hell, his name is a joke about it.

>Mob is still a child and a human being and Reigen treats him accordingly.
Mob is not a normal human child by any stretch of the imagination, and Reigen is a preaching retard trying to explain things he has literally no grasp of. He is one of the worst characters I've ever seen.

>>153282274
Holding the entire fate of the planet in your hands with no one to oppose you puts you above everyone else. Having the power to drive science and technology decades into the future makes you better than everyone else. How desperate do you have to be to justify your lack of talent to tell yourself that an actual demi-god is just a normal human like you?
>>
>>153282042
>In about 3 minutes I could think of a dozen ways to get rich while also genuinely helping other people with those psychic powers.
Great but you're not Mob. He's an actual character, not a self-insert. You say this panders to losers, but seems like it does a better job slapping manchildren who think having some talent or skill will make them god's gift to mankind.
>>
File: 1461451228585.jpg (82KB, 679x682px) Image search: [Google]
1461451228585.jpg
82KB, 679x682px
>>153282387
>Holding the entire fate of the planet in your hands with no one to oppose you puts you above everyone else. Having the power to drive science and technology decades into the future makes you better than everyone else.

Still can't impress the girl he likes.
>>
>>153282387
>exaggerated message
It's pretty simple. The villain is genuinely pathetic and is treated accordingly. If you feel insulted, that says something about you.
>Being able to move the entire planet with your mind disqualifies you from being a normal human.
You are still a human being.
>No, he's written borderline retarded on purpose. Hell, his name is a joke about it.
He's unremarkable despite his awesome power.
>Mob is not a normal human child by any stretch of the imagination, and Reigen is a preaching retard trying to explain things he has literally no grasp of.
He's not normal but he's still a child. Reigen considers that.
>>
>>153282042
>>If you can't think of a way to get win over a girl's heart when you could literally move the fucking stars in the sky to write out "Will you go out with me?" then there's a serious problem with you.
Mob already tried and failed to impress Tsubomi with psychic powers before the series began. Another grandiose display of psychic bullshit isn't going to get him into her panties.
>>
This place has gone to shit to take baits that easily
>>
I think the whole point ONE tries to make with his works is that having your life's value or your happiness depend directly on how you can compare yourself to other people is not good. Underpowered characters struggle with themselves, while overpowered ones find no joy or break down when defeated
>>
>>153282387
>Holding the entire fate of the planet in your hands with no one to oppose you puts you above everyone else.
Being above everyone else =/ being better. If I remember correctly you brought up the "contributing to society" argument for someone being better than someone else yourself.

>Having the power to drive science and technology decades into the future makes you better than everyone else.
Again, how would those psychic abilities as shown in MP100 help develope new vaccines or prove the Riemann hypothesis? On what grounds would you argue that Mob is a "better" person than Einstein, Darwin, Fleming, Faraday or Tesla? How do you even define "better"?
>>
>>153282440
>Great but you're not Mob. He's an actual character, not a self-insert.
And? He shows no initiative to actually use his skills at all, and instead decides to needlessly handicap himself. He doesn't even try to figure out how he could use them. That's absurd.

>but seems like it does a better job slapping manchildren who think having some talent or skill will make them god's gift to mankind.
What the hell are you talking about? You're angry that some people are better at things than you are, I get it. That doesn't make his character in practice any less stupid. There were a million ways to get that idea across, but having a demi-god pretend to be a normal kid isn't one of them.

>>153282524
>haha tfwnogf! He's totally one of us

>>153282559
>It's pretty simple. The villain is genuinely pathetic and is treated accordingly. If you feel insulted, that says something about you.
I'm just going to assume you're actually underage at this point, because you don't seem to be able to read at even a middle school level.

>You are still a human being.
No.

>He's unremarkable despite his awesome power.
Inherently contradictory and objectively wrong.

>He's not normal but he's still a child. Reigen considers that.
Reigen does not consider all of him, only what he wants to see in him and what he's capable of comprehending when he calls him a child.

>>153282582
No, but I already said how he could use his powers to get buff. He could also use them to solve the energy crisis, terraform uninhabitable land, vaporize all the worlds trash, remove tumors from terminal patients or move plates in the earth to stop earthquakes that kill people. There's an infinite number of things he could do to help people and impress the girl, but he doesn't, because he's written to be impossibly stupid.

>>153282624
Why are people who cry about bait in broken English always so stupid? Someone not liking the shitty manga you like isn't bait. Deal with it.
>>
>>153282685
>Why are people who cry about bait in broken English always so stupid? Someone not liking the shitty manga you like isn't bait. Deal with it.

>Implying mass replaying like that isn't autistic

Kill yourself, my man.
>>
>>153274656
I hope you're being sarcastic, OP. OPM doesn't even try to have a lesson beyond "super punchy lol exdee" which makes it mindless entertainment, which isn't bad in and of itself, though the gimmick does get stale pretty fast. But that's still better than the convoluted mess of 'life lessons' Mob tries to deliver. It praises losers on one end ("see, even talented people are JUST LIKE YOU "), but also has that "grow the fuck up, chuuni trash" message that seems aimed at shooting down losers and praising normalfags, so I'm not sure who it's aimed at in the end.
>>
File: mob.jpg (25KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
mob.jpg
25KB, 640x360px
Why is Mob so cute?
>>
File: 1428287932967.jpg (23KB, 279x440px) Image search: [Google]
1428287932967.jpg
23KB, 279x440px
>>153282685
I thought replying to more than 4 post would result in a ban

Is this le ebin reverse shitpost i've heard so much about?.
>>
File: opm review.jpg (267KB, 814x497px) Image search: [Google]
opm review.jpg
267KB, 814x497px
>>153282735
>>
>>153282683
>Being above everyone else =/ being better. If I remember correctly you brought up the "contributing to society" argument for someone being better than someone else yourself.
Both a savior and an unparalleled conqueror are above normal men.

>Again, how would those psychic abilities as shown in MP100 help develope new vaccines or prove the Riemann hypothesis?
Look at the post below you. Unlimited energy would drive all science forward at insane speeds. As for vaccines specifically, his powers could bend a lens with impossible precision to allow for better imaging of nanoparticles, and could be used to nanodevice development (a huge part of immunology). His powers also overcome physical and chemical barriers and could be used essentially as a free atom/molecule smasher to try otherwise impossible combinations of chemicals to test for medical applications. Hell if he just walked into any lab and said "I want to help" they'd have a million things for him to do within the hour. The problem is that despite being portrayed as a "good person" he doesn't even try to help the greater population.

>>153282723
>I literally don't have an argument
Kill yourself back to whichever shit hole board you crawled out of.

>>153282760
>People who discuss anime seriously are all shitposters because I say so
I thought off topic meta-posting and ironic shitposting resulted in a ban.
>>
>>153282723
If you want a safe space to circlejerk about your beloved autistic scribbles, there's a website you can go back to. Two websites, even.
>>
File: One punch men.jpg (80KB, 807x445px) Image search: [Google]
One punch men.jpg
80KB, 807x445px
>>153282735
>entertainment
>>
>>153282685
>He shows no initiative to actually use his skills at all, and instead decides to needlessly handicap himself. He doesn't even try to figure out how he could use them.
He's insecure about his powers. At best he wants to use them to help people and work hard to get what he wants for himself.
>What the hell are you talking about?
Telling the truth. It's seems the themes of the show burn your ass but that's your problem. Try becoming a better person.
>>
>>153282781
>>153282824
What the hell are MAL reviews supposed to prove?
>>
>>153282735
>I'm not sure who it's aimed at in the end
No one in particular. It doesn't praise either one, you guys just can't leave your simplistic way of thing.
>>
>>153282735
bait
>>
not reading all the autismo posts arguing about Mob because some anons are pretty fucking stupid and like to twist things around

Mob's message is very clear: it's better to a well rounded person then someone who just relies on one thing.
>>
>>153282830
>He's insecure about his powers
Needlessly.

>At best he wants to use them to help people
No he doesn't. He's a selfish asshole being paraded around as an "average nice guy" by the author. I already showed how he could actually help people.

>and work hard to get what he wants for himself.
Needlessly handicapping yourself isn't working hard, it's working stupid.

>Telling the truth. It's seems the themes of the show burn your ass but that's your problem.
Nah, sounds like you just want to believe that being a lazy, untalented baby doesn't make you less of a persona than others. It does.

>>153282864
Careful not to read something you don't like, it might accidentally make you think about stuff and have to articulate an actual point.
>>
File: dog and octopus.webm (3MB, 640x470px) Image search: [Google]
dog and octopus.webm
3MB, 640x470px
>>153282864
>>
>>153282864
This! If someone doesn't agree with me, I won't read it because people not agreeing with me makes me cry.
>>
>>153282685
>I'm just going to assume you're actually underage at this point, because you don't seem to be able to read at even a middle school level.
And I will assume you're a bitter and conceited manchild like the character and that's why you can't take his being mocked. It fits.
>No.
Yes
>Inherently contradictory and objectively wrong.
No contradiction. He has awesome power and also is a total loser. A contradiction can only exist in a simple mind.
>Reigen does not consider all of him
He is. He's doing it for Mob's sake.
>>
>>153282685
>He could also use them to solve the energy crisis, terraform uninhabitable land, vaporize all the worlds trash, remove tumors from terminal patients or move plates in the earth to stop earthquakes that kill people.
He's just a kid, dude. What the fuck?
>>
>>153282978
A stupid and selfish kid if he can't even come up with one of those.
>>
>>153282977
I actually hope you're still in middle school and not a fully grown adult who just happens to suck at everything and have Asperger's.

>>153282978
Any particular reason that the "good person kid who wants to be nice" doesn't go talk to a responsible adult and ask how he can help? It's not like he doesn't know he can do things that normal people can't even dream of.
>>
>>153282751
Because you're a fujo.
>>
>>153282810
>Look at the post below you. Unlimited energy would drive all science forward at insane speeds. As for vaccines specifically, his powers could bend a lens with impossible precision to allow for better imaging of nanoparticles, and could be used to nanodevice development (a huge part of immunology).
Even if we assume that to be possible (iirc we have no conclusive evidence for his powers creating free energy or him being able to use them extremely precisely) we would STILL need the people who know how to apply his powers to achieve any of that. Mob alone would not be able to help advance science at all.
>>
>>153283030
>I actually hope you're still in middle school and not a fully grown adult who just happens to suck at everything and have Asperger's.
Why, that would be breaking the rules. It's good you're a bitter, conceited manchild. You're pathetic and full of shit, but at least you're not underage.
>>
So we can agree that OPM is decent fun and MP100 is preachy bs that ONE didn't think through, right? Since that seems to be the majority opinion in this thread.
>>
>>153282760
>I thought replying to more than 4 post would result in a ban

It does?
>>
There's a new chapter. Shall I dump it here?
>>
>>153282978
Meanwhile Mahouka MC:

>MC is actually god tier but only his imouto and government higher ups knows.
>He cant use his powers normally because its top secret matter.
>He is also sealed and can only use half of his power due security matters, (government fears he may blow up the entire planet)
>MC still matchless because half of his unlimited power is already more than enough to steamroll everyone in the planet
>Does not cares about moralfaggotry
>Chinese mafia tries to mess with his imouto
>They are all dead in the following day
>Colleague gets injured
>Paramedics are ready to help her
>He says to paramedics what to do
>China attacks
>He nukes Chinese out of existence
>Chinese thinks hes god
>Two colleagues got fatal injures
>They are saved because MC can undo injuries
>MC can bring back the clinically dead
>America gets scared of him
>Sends their top fighter
>MC defeats her several times while sealed and adds her to his harem
>Can Nuke countries by only having satellite image of them
>America tries to spy on MC
>They use spy camera from orbital satellite
>MC sees them doing it
>Warns them by looking back at spy satellite at earth orbit
>MC has all seeing eye with limitless range
>MC hobby is solving world energy crisis by creating unlimited energy generator and creating magical weapons that makes him even more invincible
>He joins the student council at school
>He is able to perform all work from the entire student council alone faster and better than the entire people on it
>He is chief engineer from one of biggest companies in the world, hes better than everyone working on it, he alone is able to increase profits more than 20%, adored by his subordinates and hated by every other sector
>His family is said to be the strongest magical clan from Japan
>One day he beats the family head - once called the strongest magician, Mc blew her as if nothing and everyone on his family hates him
> he does not cares because he can blow up every single of them
>>
>>153283095
No, it's just the butthurt chuunis who hate MP100. It's pretty meh.
>>
>>153274656
>Being different doesn't make you different
Huh I never thought about it like that before.
>>
>>153283074
>Even if we assume that to be possible (iirc we have no conclusive evidence for his powers creating free energy
I hope you're not being serious right now.

>>153283090
Sorry champ, I'm successful because I'm smart and apply myself. I stay in shape too because it's a shame to neglect an able body. You're bad at things and bitter about it.

>>153283095
Yes.
>>
>>153283030
Because he's not some perfect ultra-altruist that has the motivation to go flying through the sky and saving the world. He's mostly a normal kid with normal kid concerns.
>>
>>153283233
>Sorry champ, I'm successful because I'm smart and apply myself. I stay in shape too because it's a shame to neglect an able body.
And yet a mere comic apparently renders that all meaningless. Pitiful.
>>
>>153283290
How many fedoras do you own?
>>
>>153283129
Yes, then we can go through it one page at a time and show the flaws.
>>
>>153283233
>I hope you're not being serious right now.
So, where is the evidence? Being able to create free energy violates the physical laws of our reality. If that's the case why can't we also assume that instead of that violation it's a different one, e.g. the existence of different forms of matter or particles, an assumption quite common in fiction. Also, like I said, my point even stands if we assume the free energy assumption to be true.
>>
>>153283222
Well, look at /a/. Full of friendless, jobless virgins who spend their time jacking off to drawings and being online insulting their only sources of communication.

Different? Sure. Special snowflake? No.
>>
>>153283352
Zero. Would you like to lend me yours?
>>
>>153283360
>So, where is the evidence?
You understand that even nuclear power is just heated water turning into steam and moving turbines, right? If you can move a turbine (he can) you can create energy.

>>153283399
Adult diapers then?
>>
>>153274903
Ok Suiryu
>>
>>153283414
>Adult diapers then?
Nope. You can keep those on you, you need them.
>>
File: 01.png (537KB, 960x1361px) Image search: [Google]
01.png
537KB, 960x1361px
>>153283354
If you can read moonrunes, sure.

1/9
>>
>>153283129
Better make a new thread for that.
>>
File: 02.png (731KB, 960x1361px) Image search: [Google]
02.png
731KB, 960x1361px
>>153283472

2/9
>>
talent and hard work > hard work
if you have no talent your effort is meaningless and you should kill yourself
>>
>>153283484
Welp, okay then.
>>
>>153283134
Is this the worst case of mary sue ever allowed into widespread publication?
>>
>>153274656
Wrong. It does.
>>
Having powers make you special.
The point is that you shouldn't be a cunt regardless.
>>
File: shigeo.png (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
shigeo.png
2MB, 1920x1200px
Explain why I want to give this little bastard a hug so badly then.
HE'S SUCH A GOOD PERSON WHAT THE FUCK?
>>
>>153283414
>You understand that even nuclear power is just heated water turning into steam and moving turbines, right? If you can move a turbine (he can) you can create energy.
Only if he can create energy without using up energy/matter. We have seen people get worn out because of psychic powers. Why would they get worn out if they don't use up energy? In fact since thinking is based on physiological processes and psychic abilities seem to be based on thinking, pychic abilities in turn also are based on physiological processes. Maybe psychics are incredibly efficient at converting atp or some shit. Of course from our point of view all of this requires some form of "magic" at the end, but that's the same for free energy creation. But why are we even holding this converation? I already stated twice we can assume he creates free energy if you want.
>>
>>153283671
>Only if he can create energy without using up energy/matter.
He's already obliterated the laws of conservation of energy, let's not pretend that he can't move a few dozen turbines without breaking a sweat by deviling into armchair physics and baseless speculation. He's an incredibly powerful psychic who can move big, heavy things with ease.

> In fact since thinking is based on physiological processes and psychic abilities seem to be based on thinking, pychic abilities in turn also are based on physiological processes. Maybe psychics are incredibly efficient at converting atp or some shit.
No. Stop this bullshit right now.
>>
>>153283747
Yeah because reading a manga about a guy moving turbines for a living would be really interesting.
>>
>>153283780
If you need to make the characters extra retarded to get a shitty, preachy point across, then it's a fault of the writing.
>>
>>153283747
He'd just rip the turbines off their spindle. If you haven't noticed, fine control isn't his strong suit and constantly keeping a large, resistive object rotating takes a lot of fine control
>>
>>153283806
Mob is a 13 year old kid, it's perfectly understandable for him to care more about girls and getting a hot psychic body than with making a living.
>>
>>153283825
Then you build a mote that goes in a circle and put the turbines in it, and all he has to do is push the water in one direction without worrying about fine control. Any engineer could figure this out in 10 seconds.
>>
>>153283854
Then why the hell doesn't he use his powers to get a hot body? Again, he's borderline retarded and the writing and message is weak as hell and delivered in a very clumsy way.
>>
>>153283747
>No. Stop this bullshit right now.
How is free energy creation less bullshit? My argument is, at it's core, this: If you are willing to assume the violation of a fundamental law of physics you should also be willing to assume factual differences in the makeup of the universe. Therefore there are infinite ways of how psychic abilities could work in MP100 and we have no reason to prefer one over the other as long as none has been explicitely confirmed or denied. Anyway this is my last reply on this topic since I don't even care about this part of the discussion. It doesn't contribute anything to the original topic.
>>
>>153283872
>Then why the hell doesn't he use his powers to get a hot body?
Because he's doing that to impress a girl that doesn't like psychic powers and already knows he has them, so appearing one day with an already developed body would be pointless.
Not to mention that not anywhere in the manga is implied he has that capability, you're just making up shit.
>>
>>153283909
>How is free energy creation less bullshit?
Because the premise is that he's a fucking super powered psychic.

> If you are willing to assume the violation of a fundamental law of physics you should also be willing to assume factual differences in the makeup of the universe
No.

>>153283916
Scroll up champ, already said how he could use them to get a hot body, and it wouldn't be overnight either.
>>
>>153283872
Why do you assume he can do that?
He doesn't create matter anywhere in the show, does he? It's just telepathy, energy blasts, and teleportation. Grafting muscle to himself isn't implied anywhere as an ability.
>>
>>153283949
I'm not going to scroll up to read your autistic drivel.
Nowhere in the manga is implied he's capable of doing so, whatever else you make up is just headcanon to justify your shit-flinging.
>>
>>153283970
Never said grafting muscle. Manipulate gravity to essentially make weighted clothes and rip up your muscles. Better CV and muscles heal back bigger. There's no reason not to supplement his training with his abilities somehow.

>>153283991
Or I can just think of how to apply superpowers to be convenient because I'm not a retard.
>>
>>153284022
Not only is it never hinted at the manga that he's capable of manipulating gravity, you're assuming a guy in middle school would be capable of thinking that.
>>
>>153284022
>There's no reason not to supplement his training with his abilities somehow.
The fact that he's already running himself to the point of exhaustion well before the rest of the group seems like a good reason. He's not running to put on mass. He's running to prepare for that.
>>
>>153284056
>Makes things move against gravity
>Can't manipulate gravity
>Stop expecting him to think
You're right, it's my fault. Everyone should be really stupid and I should just accept the preachy premise without thinking too hard about all the shortcoming of the story and characters.
>>
>>153284092
That's why you put a little pressure on yourself during normal hours, to work up your endurance. But again, my fault for expecting the characters to actually think about things at any point.
>>
>>153284106
>>Makes things move against gravity
I can lift my phone with my hands against gravity, that doesn't mean i'm manipulating it you massive, dense fuck.
All you need to move things is force.
>>
>>153284106
I suppose airplanes can manipulate gravity too? Cranes?
You didn't think very hard about this.
>>
File: lelouch and light.jpg (543KB, 2500x844px) Image search: [Google]
lelouch and light.jpg
543KB, 2500x844px
>I'm pretty much perfect. Give me a special power and I'd rule the world!
Feels like 2007. Good times.
>>
>>153284022
>rip up your muscles
Artificially tearing your muscles with psychic powers in an attempt to improve muscle growth sounds tedious and finicky at best and dangerous at worst.
>>
>>153281818
Mob Psycho 100's version of that fat loser is the Telepathy Club, who're always the butt of jokes for being lazy do-nothing jackasses who don't try to get out into the real world and improve themselves.

Mob Psycho 100's message isn't "be yourself", its more about not resting on your laurels and striving for self improvement.
>>
>>153282042

>Except being a literal demi-god means you're actually better than everyone else.

Except if you're a socially awkward retard who's literally shit at everything else besides being a demi-god that doesn't really amount to much, which is why the message applies. People are different, what a shocker!

For someone who bitches about arguments with weak delivery and lack of perspective, you sure are one tunnel visioned idiot.
>>
I hate when people bring science into a manga not meant to be sci-fi. Author isn't a scientist and doesn't write the manga constantly thinking how power x could affect our fundamental understanding of science. Therefore asking why doesn't guy using telekinesis just cause fusion by slamming hydrogen atoms together isn't a valid critique of the manga, or a million ways to use him as a perpetum mobile machine. Especially since things aren't making much sense in general if you assume telekinesis can manipulate objects with any precision you want without limitations.
>>
File: literally you.png (178KB, 715x1013px) Image search: [Google]
literally you.png
178KB, 715x1013px
>>153284498
This, where the hell does this 'makes losers feel better' shit even come from? The series take jabs at losers, including Reigen. Mocks their laziness and lack of motivation, their unwarranted self-importance, their anti-social behavior, misanthropy, revenge fantasies, chuu2 delusions about having special talents/powers. MC can't even get one girl to like him. If anything, it would make losers feel worse by failing to be meet the bare minimum.

Guess the proclaimed supermen in this thread are upset the story isn't fellating them.
>>
>>153279930
That's because happiness is a state of mind. You want to be happy? Then change your mind.
>>
>>153283949
He wants to get a hot body the old fashioned way. One guy in the manga put on psychic muscle and guess what, shit just doesn't work as good as the physical kind.
>>
>>153274656
>>having powers doesn't make you a special snowflake
This one is seriously retarded.
>>
>>153285231
>If anything, it would make losers feel worse by failing to be meet the bare minimum
That might be why some people seem to have such a strong knee jerk reaction to Mob's very simple and inoffensive messages.
>>
>hard work

Also connections, dedication, luck (right place/time/access). Many factors all need to converge. 'Talent' or 'ease of task' is a relative thing as well, some people will perform a task because they've had the time, dedication and hard work to make the task seem easy and thus look talented. Other times the talent is literally a genetics thing (right body type for given task) where they've again worked hard and enough things converge to propel them forward (think sports, not all body types are suited for a task, and not everyone with that body type even pursues that task and many others do not demonstrate for the right people to move forward in the field).
>>
>>153281490
And even then hard work is worthless if you don't make connections.
>>
>>153283134
So if he has all of this, why does he even need to be near people? He can run the world pretty much by himself and there isn't any real need to have companions. You would rather Mob end up like that?
>>
>>153288365
I hate Mahouka with a burning passion but in Tatsuya's defense, he doesn't need nor wish to be near others, since he's got no emotions (aside from incest- err I mean his love for his sister) and thus can't derive happiness from it. It's other people who latch onto him, solely because he's extremely capable and smart.
>>
>>153283872
>Then why the hell doesn't he use his powers to get a hot body?
Because he wants find some other potential within him? Did you even watch the show? Plus how does do you even use telekinesis to make yourself hot?
>>
>>153274656
is this shonen?
>>
>>153291075
It's josei.
>>
>>153284133
>>153284137
Another anon here. In these cases, you have some counterbalance.
He ignores the third law, so gravity manipulation seems to be a plausible option.
>>
I think that the message is pretty simple: life wouldn't be easy, no matter what.
>>
>>153280536
More like being wellrounded is better than just having one skill going for you and thinking you're superior because of makes you an asshole.
>>
File: 98.5.8.png (409KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
98.5.8.png
409KB, 768x1024px
>>153280536
Yeah, absolutely the show and the manga's message.
>>
I can't remember, has Mob ever faced anyone who argued that he has a responsibility to focus on his powers, because leaving such a powerful force as an enigma potentially puts everyone in danger?

He could have avoided destroying Teru's school if he knew more about his powers at that point. He could have prevented the Mogami incident from escalating as much as it did. He also might be passively endangering everyone around him in the same way that Mogami indirectly caused the death of his own mother.
>>
>>153295887
That was the beginning of the manga though, and Mob was making understandable mistakes that stemmed from his mishandling, dismissing and lack of understanding of his own powers. Since then he's learned to shoulder the responsibility you talk about on his own, through his own experiences (Urban Legends, Mogami, then Claw Boss and finally Broccoli. The courage explosion is an crucial part of that progression). No need for another character to spell out those points when the whole point is to see Mob reach that very conclusion by himself (aka growing up).

>He could have prevented the Mogami incident from escalating as much as it did
I think you're underestimating Mogami here. There wasn't much else Mob could do that he hadn't already tried against the guy, and once he entered his inner world he was pretty much at his mercy.
>>
>>153280583
IKR. I'll take a corn that taste better over bland taste corn who didn't go through selective breeding. ONE is a hack.
>>
>>153296474
If he knew more about astral projection, he would have realized he was walking into a trap. If he knew more about ???, he would have been able to break through anyway.

I can't really remember how long ago some things happened. I'm just bringing this up now because in the most recent chapter Mob mentioned not knowing his own capabilities.
>>
Holy fuck autismo thread. How the fuck are you guys writing wall of text like that. Who does that?
>>
>>153296724
>If he knew more about astral projection, he would have realized he was walking into a trap
It's not like astral projection was an innate ability of his. The only reason he could even pull it off was because he met other espers who were able to. It's legit hard to come up with techniques you don't know about beforehand even if you're crazy talented. ??? is also a tricky one since Mob isn't conscious (and in one particular case not even alive) when that happens. No guarantee that it's simply a part of his powers he can master or will ever be able to use to his convenience in the future.

It's true though that rejecting his powers wasn't for the best since he's unaware of his limits and potential,and as you said, a couple situations went from bad to worse because he wouldn't use his power properly (thinking of the 7th branch arc also, where he didn't yet have the emotional maturity to handle the situation without feeling the need to resort to lethal violence).
>>
>>153283909
There is no need to assume that he is breaking laws of physics anon(he totally does tho).

He gets energy where you want it, and you don't give a shit if he pulled it out of his ass or out some other dimension.
>>
>>153279876
Everyone should aspire to achieve their dream like ONE.
Thread posts: 168
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.