[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>never read the manga, watch the old show, or see it talked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: hunter-x-hunter-227815.png (2MB, 1844x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hunter-x-hunter-227815.png
2MB, 1844x1080px
>never read the manga, watch the old show, or see it talked about on /a/
>pick it up recently
>first few episodes really good like them great
>middle of season 1 rolls around
>characters become more and more ridiculous
>it becomes "sucking killua's dick: the animated series"
>give up just short of season 2

Has there ever been more initial greatness, eventual shit and wasted potential in an anime? I have never seen a single discussion on it here before, so I don't know where the general consensus of love or hate is for it, but I can't stomach any more. It's just getting fucking terrible.
>>
>>153266299
Nothing wrong with the sixth point is there?
>>
Gon eventually calls Killua out on his shit and they separate.
>>
>>153266299
>>never read the manga, watch the old show, or see it talked about on /a/
> I have never seen a single discussion on it here before
Fuck off.
>>
>>153266435
A redeeming value
>>
Do you have any actual explanation for what you find ridiculous? It's battle shounen, they're not going to be realistic.

The series doesn't suck anyone's dick in the end, anyway. Gon and Killua are constantly outclassed by their peers, mentors and enemies, and their massive personality flaws come to a very serious head later. If you're already sperging out over it then there's no need to continue, but the last thing it did was waste it's potential.
>>
>>153266299
The series gets really good right after Heaven's Arena. That's where they set the hook for the next two arcs and where a lot of really interesting things happen.

What I don't get is how you thought the first couple episodes were good. They bored the ever living shit out of me. Thankfully I gave it a second chance and the Hunter Exam got really interesting when they got to the tower.
>>
>>153266299
Why do shitposters always start these threads with this bad deviantart redrawn image?
>>
>>153266925
I didn't like that they got rid of Kurapika and Leorio so early on. Gon and Killua were not interesting enough individually or combined to hold my attention for long.
>>
>>153267195
I feel you on that. But that's what made their return in York New so satisfying and why that arc is probably one of the best in the series.

Being a Leorio fan is suffering though, truly suffering.
>>
>>153267195

If you like Kurapika you will like the next arc after Heaven's Arena, though by then Gon is already very close to Killua in terms of strenght.

>>153267250
>Being a Leorio fan is suffering though, truly suffering

Truly, but the fact that he almost became the Hunter Association's chairman almost makes it worth it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.