[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kumo Desu Ga, Nani Ka? Light Novel spoilers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: fMKdw2Z.jpg (104KB, 508x751px) Image search: [Google]
fMKdw2Z.jpg
104KB, 508x751px
So looks like the Light Novel has a lot of changes from the Web version.
It seems like we're gonna have Arachne Kumoko much longer than we did in the WN, so Kumo's ascension will probably be much more delayed.

Spoiler summary on the differences below (written by the WN translator)
>>
>>153265563
Holy shit is that how she looks like?
>>
>If you want a micro summary, it's kinda like this at the end: imagine we're at about chapter 210 but "Kumoko" hasn't become god yet - she's still Arachne. Shun story ending is pretty similar to WN - Shiro turns up after Shun hits Taboo 10 and is recognised as "Wakaba Hiiro". On "Kumoko" side her previous life's name has been officially revealed (by "Maou Shojo Ariel") though she isn't called Shiro/Shiraori yet. "Kumoko" and Ariel have officially teamed up - Mera and Sophia are with them.

>"Heroine" Ronant doesn't appear in the story at all but he does appear in the author's afterward. (lol). There wasn't enough space to to include him it seems but he should appear in the next volume.

>Kinda have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, we'll get something I thought I could only dream about - "Kumoko" raising Sophia while still being Arachne (though I was hoping for them to be by themselves). On the other hand, there's no Ronant and a bunch of interesting things was skipped over. The Shun side stories weren't as interesting as in the WN - it's even more shonen-like than before and is basically Shun and co trying (and totally failing) to even injure Sophia. The pacing is better overall and flows more naturally but some things are done a bit too fast, I thought. Kumoko hasn't learnt about the delights of alcohol yet either.
>>
I love this work. Kumo is the best.
>>
>>153265670
>On the "Kumoko" side it's basically like this:

>As before, Kumoko analyses Sophia's skills, titles etc and comments on them. And simply leaves. She's more jealous than in the WN. Afterwards, she tracks the carriage Sophia is in from a distance and sees the town it gets to. She comes across (and kills) some elves while at it. She's surprised to come across "elves" (fantasy!!) and even more surprised that her Parallel Wills don't react the same - she feels that they've been getting odd since they returned from attacking Mother's soul. There's some amusing scenes from pope's pov and Potimas's pov (in that time) as they're both wondering what the heck is going on and they both think that Ariel is interfering for some reason (since a spider is involved).

>Kumoko healing the people and getting sweets etc is more or less the same. Kumoko starts learning the language manually. Same as before, nasty guy from Otsu country turns up and causes problems. We actually see some scenes from the POV of Sophia's father.

>In the WN, Kumoko absorbed Mother around this point and then Ariel attacked but we get neither (Mother was already absorbed in LN4). Instead the war happens as before and Kumoko interferes as before (her first attack kills several thousand people) but that's when Ariel turns up to kill Kumoko with Abyssal Magic. In the LN, Ariel doesn't have a cheat skill to prevent others from running away but she does use similar barrier magic that the ancient Earth Dragons used on her to block any high powered spells (ie teleportation). Ironically, the Hero (Julius) being on the battlefield almost helped save Kumoko - Ariel has to be cautious of the Hero Title (as explained in recent WN chapters).
>>
>>153265719
>Kumoko dies and revives as before and the "babies" are born. However, instead of Kumoko being a sponger and taking a long time to revive, ironically it's Kuro who comes to help her - he brings her a load of high quality food. He explains that it's as an apology for not stopping Ariel (D had told him not to interfere with the reincarnators so didn't want Ariel killing Kumoko) and they also have a conversation a bit like in the WN when Kumoko had just left the Labyrinth for the first time - she tells Kuro that he should do what he wants to.

>Because of the food, Kumoko is able to revive quickly and is also able to evolve. We see her level 1 Arachne stats - average is around 40,000 with magic being 45,000 or something. However, she notices (using clairvoyance) that Sophia's town has been attacked and goes to salve Sophia by herself. Situation is quite similar to WN except Kumoko is still Arachne and Potimas has a top spec modern "Gloria". Kumoko saves Sophia and heals Mera as before and thinks about eating Sophia - loses her appetite when Sophia pisses herself. Hands Sophia back to Mera.

>However, this is when Potimas uses the anti-magic (or rather anti-System) effect of the Gloria and Kumoko is in a similar situation to facing that robot army in the WN in that she can barely use any skills or spells. She's able to make some progress but is basically in deep trouble against just one modern robot. Ariel turns up to save her (very much like how she saved Sophia in the WN) and is in full "zannen" mode
>>
File: QnB0kwl.jpg (88KB, 507x751px) Image search: [Google]
QnB0kwl.jpg
88KB, 507x751px
>>153265757
>Kumoko wants to run away but doesn't get a chance. She's worried because she has no spare revival eggs currently. However, Ariel doesn't know that and offers to team up with Kumoko - after the soul merge and with Kumoko being functionally immortal she doesn't feel like fighting any more. After a lot of pondering, Kumoko eventually agrees (btw, she barely speaks at all - I think maybe one spoken line from her in the whole book) and shakes hands with Ariel. Ariel loops in Sophia and Mera like in the WN and they all agree to go to the demon territory.

>Flash forwards ~15 years and Ariel is beating up one of the spider-ish-type robots in the elf village, thinking back on those events, and tells Potimas (through the robot) that she's come to finish him for good.

>Looks like the Parallel Wills are going to be increasingly problematic going forwards. Dunno if we'll see Kumoko become Shiro in next volume or not. I'm pretty sure she is a god 15 years in the future and it would be best to achieve that before she gets to the demon territory (so she has 3+ years).

And those are the differences so far.
We need someone to translate the LN, now.
>>
File: AGxYYhr.jpg (89KB, 508x751px) Image search: [Google]
AGxYYhr.jpg
89KB, 508x751px
Oh, and this is the "Gloria", which are the Elves' robots.
>>
File: kumo-chan reaction.png (106KB, 355x452px) Image search: [Google]
kumo-chan reaction.png
106KB, 355x452px
>>153265563
>Bottom-head doesn't have Kumoko's cute spider face

UNACCEPTABLE
>>
>>153266423
>>153265824
>>153265757
>>153265719
>>153265670

This is one of the stupidest plots Ive ever heard.
>>
>>153266423
What the fuck
>>
>>153266423
Are these the ones that she defeats before ascending to god status?

Kinda generic, but I guess it's not that important.
>>
>>153265563
Super cute
>>
>>153267124
That hasn't happened in the LN. It seems like the Elves built their own, and they're much stronger apparently, seeing as Kumoko has trouble with just the one she fights.
>>
>>153265563
The changes seem good.
Kumo will be challenged a few more times atleast, she'll probably fight wrath and maybe some more divine beasts.
Ariel is more competent too.
>>
File: 1472154216973.jpg (77KB, 459x460px) Image search: [Google]
1472154216973.jpg
77KB, 459x460px
Body-in-charge does not fuse with Ariel in the LN? Because that a huge fucking change
>>
>>153268351
It does seem like Body-in-charge merged with Ariel, seeing as Ariel still goes all Maou Shojo Ariel.
But going by the summary, Kumoko doesn't seem to notice, or the summarizer didn't think it was worth noting.
>>
>Monster reincarnation
>Ends up humanoid/human
Every time
>>
>>153268756
the human form truly is the best
>>
>>153268756
I do find that kinda annoying too, but really, if the story get's long enough I can see just staying as a monster getting quite boring, especially if you're a race that normally can't communicate.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.