[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are your go-to romancecore animes anon? why were pre-2000

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: Escaflowne_0.jpg (65KB, 500x677px) Image search: [Google]
Escaflowne_0.jpg
65KB, 500x677px
what are your go-to romancecore animes anon? why were pre-2000 animes so good at love plots?
>>
File: akagami super lewd.jpg (305KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
akagami super lewd.jpg
305KB, 1280x720px
>>153264355
Escaflowne is one of my old favorites. Akagami no Shirayuki-hime was a more recent one. The main couple had an adorable no-nonsense relationship.
>>
>>153264355
>animes
>-core
Fuck off.
>>
>>153265065
it's another /a/ shows why they're worst board thread

just talk about anime you miserable autist
>>
>>153265127
> /a/ shows why they're worst board
There are dozens of better boards, then. Go back to one of those.
>>
>why were pre-2000 animes so good at love plots?

Because the writers and directors weren't shut-in autists to the extent that they are now.
>>
>>153265151
>there are dozens of other boards where talking about anime isn't allowed
>>
>>153265222
Half the boards on this site are either officially or effectively refuse dumps for whatever nonsense you want to discuss.
>>
>>153264355
>what are your go-to romancecore animes anon
Escaflowne is barely even a fucking romance. Van and Hitomie's "thing" was literally tacked on in the last few episodes and it never comes to fruition because the creator decided that being separated forever is somehow much more mature then actually being together.
>>
>>153264355
Whey would Escaflowne be the "go-to" romance anime? Their romance was pretty bad anon and they decided to never see eachother again for absolutely no reason.
>>
File: 1458910318475.png (706KB, 1290x984px) Image search: [Google]
1458910318475.png
706KB, 1290x984px
>>153265222
>implying
If you don't like /a/'s culture and would prefer to type like a cancerous retard, just go to /v/ and stay there. Fuck, I've even seen an anime/manga rec chart that /lit/ made floating around.
>>
>>153265501
/v/'s shit too but that pic is clearly meant to show that /a/ are literal autists who can't get over tiny things like how people don't adhere 100% to board culture

just calm your tits and stop replying to me upset faggot
>>
>>153265623
this desu
/a/ is literally the easiest board to bait
>>
>>153265189
I think it's less that and more the industry pandering to an audience that takes it as a personal betrayal if the fictional character they like shows a romantic interest in anyone other than the self-insert main character.
>>
>>153265623
> that pic is clearly meant to show that /a/ are literal autists who can't get over tiny things like how people don't adhere 100% to board culture
Yes, it is. That is the viewpoint of whoever made it. I, like most /a/nons, think that enforcing that culture is good. Again, if you don't want that, you can go to fucking /v/. This is not a joke, it's a serious recommendation for the good of everyone involved.
>>
>>153265189
>Escaflowne
>Good love Plot
>"I'll never forget you, even when I'm old"
I love that show and it's one of my favorites of all time but please go fuck yourself if you think the romance was even halfway decent.
>>
>>153264355
Because they werent pandering to purityfaggots back then
>>
>>153265774
>too autistic to even realize you're the butt of a joke
Never change /a/non.
>>
File: file.png (153KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
153KB, 1366x768px
>>153264937
downloading, thanks senpai
>>153265483
>>153265406

it's been 6-7 years since I've seen so I don't really remember the reasoning here

Vision of Escaflowne was definitely a romance though. I only watch anime if it's really funny (rock lee and ninja pals) or has some good romance sideplot so that's where I'm coming from, but with escaflowne it's categorised as a full-on romance for a reason - I'd even categorise it as romance before fantasy. The romance can be implied without any confessions, kissing or handholding.

>>153265774
anon stop derailing the thread no one gives a shit about your board culture in here. Making a thread on /v/ won't get the discussion I'm looking for. starting thread on /tv/ would be best bet but even then it won't get traction unless it has dragon ball, naruto, logh or some other big anime in the op.

>>153265671
think you're wrong here I self-insert with my fiction stories all the time and I prefer older shows because they're less goofy more straightforward and honest romance plots that don't force twists and turns.

I'd say things like love triangles, unrequited love and the like have only become more prevalent

>>153266284
expand? you mean how shows could be more lewd back then, or how the girls weren't as 1-deminsional?
>>
File: 58383.jpg (56KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
58383.jpg
56KB, 225x350px
does this show hold up? I remember it being one of the funniest and most heartwarming love stories
>>
>>153266803
>Escaflowne was definitely a romance though.
No it really isn't. Romance between is very much sidelined until around the very end. The only thing that would pop it's head out every now and then was Millerna's unrequited love for Allen and her jealously for her dead older sister.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.