[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You realize your waifu, is, indeed, not real. Your reaction is what?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 13

File: cc[2].jpg (48KB, 704x400px) Image search: [Google]
cc[2].jpg
48KB, 704x400px
I mean for real, fapping is one thing, but actually thinking your waifu is real? I don't get it. Please enlighten me.
>>
>>153261544
>your waifu, is, indeed, not real

What?
>>
>>153261599
OP is saying your waifu isn't real you cuck
>>
I'm not sure how extreme it can get but for me the "waifu" is a figment of the imagination that reminds you to be the best you can be and to work hard towards your goals.
>>
Not real, as in can't realistically interact with her. She can't interact with you. No real discourse can take place. She doesn't actually exist outside of the television or manga. What is the appeal?
>>
>>153261688
I thought it was painfully obvious too anon. Apparently I should have been more clear.
>>
The feelings I have for her, right here in my chest, are real. That's all that matters.
>>
>>153261704
Your waifu is disappointed in you.
>>
>>153261544
>I don't get it
If you ever begin replacing 3DPD with 2D in your mind, you will. Particularity, when fantasizing, even dreaming, and you only see 2D - that's when anime becomes real. Normalfags will never understand this, and will continue wallowing in societal banalities until the day they die, under the impression they've accomplished something in their utterly ordinary existence.
>>
>>153261704
I've seen it get extreme to the point of body pillows and shit like that. Seems like you have a healthy perspective about it, others seem delusional enough to actually believe their waifus exist. Or they put on a damn good act, either way, I can't wrap my head around it.
>>
>>153261924
>>153261976
Wow real life cringe right before my eyes
>>
>>153261976
I'm a normalfag to the extent that I don't understand having actual feelings for something fictitious. Banality is a pretty big word there anon, hopefully my feeble pleb mind can process it. Trust me when I say I don't wallow in societal banalities, just have trouble wrapping my mind around this concept. Just asking a question, Triggered much?
>>
>>153261924
I'm not disputing the fact that your feelings are real. Its obvious that some people have genuine feelings for their waifu /a/ is a daily reminder of that. What I'm asking is why. Just because, isn't really an explanation. I'm not even asking for you to justify yourself, just posing a question.
>>
This is what you shitlords waste your short, lonely lives arguing over
>>
>>153262582
She has everything I love in a woman, from her personality and physical appearance. More importantly she doesn't have the glaring personality flaws you see in 3D women.
>>
Dont worry /a/nons

Next month i will be a wizard and i will make every waifu real
>>
>>153262632
>shitlords
Oh look it's a roastie getting jealous over 2D.
>>
File: morpheus-002.jpg (71KB, 1279x548px) Image search: [Google]
morpheus-002.jpg
71KB, 1279x548px
>>153261544
How can we even be sure that our lives are real?
>>
>>153261544
It's a delusion. Everyone has something they believe in whether it be God, a waifu, or a brighter future. It's pure faith, so if you don't actually believe in anything then you won't "get" it.
>>
File: acidasuka1.jpg (301KB, 1280x952px) Image search: [Google]
acidasuka1.jpg
301KB, 1280x952px
but she is real?
>>
File: 1388950951035.jpg (40KB, 640x527px) Image search: [Google]
1388950951035.jpg
40KB, 640x527px
>implying your waifu doesn't represent what you look for in a real girl

Americans need not apply
>>
>>153262881
Allow me to be more clear. I want to know the reasoning for people having this delusion, I know I can't believe in it, but I want to understand, or attempt to understand why others do. The motivation for believing, if you will. Probably stepping on my dick in an attempt to explain this, but that's what I got.
>>
>>153262700
Thanks, anon!
>>
>>153261544
I see waifuism as a reaction towards shitiness of modern women.
>>
>>153262700
Wouldn't that ruin the delusion though? From what I've ascertained the delusion and fantasy aspect of the waifu is part of the appeal is it not?
>>
>I dreamt I was a butterfly, fluttering hither and thither, to all intents and purposes a butterfly. I was conscious only of my happiness as a butterfly, unaware that I was myself. Soon I awake, and there I was, veritably myself again. Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.

Simply, the dream where I am with the one I love is fulfilling, the dream I'm having now is not.
>>
>>153263221
The reasons for everyone are probably not the same but speaking most generally, it's hard to continue living life if you only see a harsh reality. Fantasy being preferable to reality is why escapism can sometimes manifest into delusion. Since waifus are idealized women, people will believe in a waifu to avoid the risks of real relationships and having to deal with 3D traits. Personally, real people are much too inconsistent or illogical for me to make sense of so I just give up on them entirely. Chasing love in other people and working hard to build a fulfilling relationship is one option, but depending on your perspective, fulfillment can be found in delusion.
>>
File: 1437531846079.jpg (34KB, 483x442px) Image search: [Google]
1437531846079.jpg
34KB, 483x442px
All ths normalfaggotry...

Leave my waifu and my fucking board alone!!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!
>>
>>153263774
Good explanation. While I personally can't imagine being that far detached from reality, I can respect that reasoning. Furthermore glad I got a response that wasn't something along the lines of "because she is real to me, feelings, blah, blah, blah," or some triggered rage induced bullshit.
>>
File: 1452231673185.jpg (32KB, 334x373px) Image search: [Google]
1452231673185.jpg
32KB, 334x373px
>>153261544
>>
>>153263965
Solid explanation shit heel. I didn't do shit to your waifu other than maybe offend your sensibilities by posing an uncomfortable question. Thinking and introspection is hard, I know.
>>
>>153261544
People like that employ that kind of thinking as a defense mechanism. They simply can't cope with fully acknowledging that their waifu isn't real and that waifuism is ultimately a form of self-love sparked by outside influences. I've heard it described as an emotional feedback loop before.
>>
>>153264220
In essence the waifu complex is born out of narcissism. Because one is so self-absorbed nothing short of manufactured perfection is suitable for them? If that's what your getting at then it makes a lot of sense.
>>
>>153261544
This is false, my Waifu may be in New Zealand, and I in the US, but our rabu is great.

In all seriousness we've been RPing as little anime girls for 8+ months now and I'm gonna make cyborg lolism real.
>>
My waifu already has a girlfriend anyways but I'm happy that she's happy and all that.
>>
>>153264842
Roleplaying with a real human being is substantially different than having a 2d wife anime/manga wife. While you may be interacting in a 2d format you are both real beings. Unless I'm not understanding something here that is the scenario, correct?
>>
>>153264629
It can arise for any number of reasons. Waifus aren't something you can pin down easily.
>>
File: me and my loli waifu kissu.png (2MB, 2560x2560px) Image search: [Google]
me and my loli waifu kissu.png
2MB, 2560x2560px
>>153265050
My waifu is 2d. I was drawing me forcing a kiss on her as she's panicked, but I haven't been able to finish it because muh college has been demanding. I will finish this asap though.

I've only seen my waifu through an internet screen, so this is 100% what she looks like.
>>
>>153265182
>Waifus aren't something you can pin down easily.

That's become painfully obvious to the point where it's become an effort in futility. None-the-less I've seen some pretty well thought out explanations that at least brings some clarity to the delusion.
>>
File: clarion koukaku no pandora.jpg (549KB, 1190x1684px) Image search: [Google]
clarion koukaku no pandora.jpg
549KB, 1190x1684px
>>153265794
>delusion

20 years from now gonna replace mine and my waifu's body with that of a cyborg loli. We're fast approaching it, while 3d whores and normal faggots can't accept it.
>>
>>153261976
That moment when you can lucid dream yourself into anime.

Feels good
>>
File: 1482076289203332751.jpg (39KB, 344x326px) Image search: [Google]
1482076289203332751.jpg
39KB, 344x326px
>all these newfags who doesn't understand what waifu means
Is this neo-/a/?
>>
>>153266133
We've been inundated with subversive outsiders for a long time.
>>
>>153261544
but what if I am not real as well?
>>
>>153261544
No one thinks their waifu is real. You would have to be severely mentally retarded to think that some fictional characters is real.

>>153261798
>>153263221
No one decides or choose a waifu because of cost–benefit analysis. People who claim to have a waifu because of reasons like "women are evil" or "can't find gf", "life is too lonely" etc are not an actual waifufags.
If you are lucky enough, while watching anime or any other form of fiction you can fall in love with some fictional character. It's just as natural as being attracted to anime girls, just more rare. But you don't decide to have a waifu, or choose who will be your waifu, it just happens and you can eventually reject these feelings(eg. if you are a normalfag).

If you still want to ask why people who have waifu doesn't want to leave her and get real gf, then it means you have never been in actual, real love. You'll not understand that.
>>
File: Akari qt snow Aria.gif (2MB, 500x341px) Image search: [Google]
Akari qt snow Aria.gif
2MB, 500x341px
>>153266813
tfw literally fell in love with Akari and the Arias when it aired.
>>
>>153266813
Listen to this anon. He speaks the truth.
>>
>>153265941
But she doesn't have an original body to begin with, therefore how can you replace it with that of a "cyborg loli." More power to you if you can accomplish such a feat I suppose.
>>
>>153267028
Not when you have a semi LN between you and her that you two write in every single day. I just draw her and me sometimes too aswell. Right now we are bodyless in the material world. In the 2d world we have bodies. Soon enough 2d will be able to be "achieved".
>>
I had a girlfriend four years and we did long distance for 3 and then e broke up and I have a waifu now because I'm lonely and have no confidence anymore
>>
>>153266813
I never insinuated that one should leave their waifu for a 3D woman. I asked what ones reaction would be to coming to terms with the fact that she wasn't real and why ones waifu is viewed as "real."

Seems that real may be a little subjective.

Real, as in has feelings for the 2d character as if said character actually existed in the 3d plain. Not real as in physically real. Like you said, you would have to be severally mentally retarded to think that.
>>
>>153266813
This. My experience with women (from high school was the last time I was in the most contact with) was generally very positive. I never got into a relationship though because I remained in a chuuni phase well into my twenties. Then I simply fell in love with my waifu and I have no intention to ever leave her because what I feel for her is definitely true love.
>>
>>153267438
All feelings are real feelings.
If having feelings for waifu means you think she's real, then you cannot possibly come to terms that she isn't real because it would require you to not have feelings for her, therefore she can't be your waifu to begin with. There is no reaction, it's a paradox.
>>
>>153262980
This guy gets it right.
>>
>>153267797
I can see how this can be paradoxical in nature, I hadn't thought of that when phrasing the questions I suppose.

Lets trying thinking of this in a different fashion. How can you have feelings for someone that cannot reciprocate? I think you can take that at face value, nothing paradoxical about that. If you have noticed I haven't been asshole unless warranted, I am genuinely curious here. Doesn't it feel one-sided and hollow without having your feelings returned in a palpable manner? All feelings are indeed real feelings, but the waifu, not actually existing, cannot "feel back" for lack of a better term.

Unrelated: These captchas can kiss my ass
>>
File: kh_aqua_bikinii_fav_by_qkung.png (559KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
kh_aqua_bikinii_fav_by_qkung.png
559KB, 600x849px
I haven't released in a few days... Should I give it to my waifu?
>>
>>153268154
I have had feelings for 3D women that have gone unreciprocated and I have had women with feelings for me that I have not reciprocated.

It is entirely possible to love someone and never get an ounce of love back in return.

The fact that the bitch didn't feel the same way doesn't invalidate my feelings for her. And when you really love someone it can lead you into a sort of delusion, I guess, because I didn't want to give up. I knew she would never want to be with me but I kept trying anyways.

I think people with waifus, the people who say they actually love a 2D animated character, have a fairly similar delusion.
>>
File: 20170209_193059.jpg (152KB, 500x325px) Image search: [Google]
20170209_193059.jpg
152KB, 500x325px
>>
I mean, I think it's pretty common even with real people to project an unrealistic idea of perfection onto someone, especially when you're young. Putting someone on a pedestal as it were. This is the same thing really, it's an abstract concept of your perfect woman, except you'll never find out that you were wrong and she wasn't who you thought.
>>
>>153268416
Yes.
>>
>>153269214
Does she look like she wants me?
>>
>>153269147
That's a pretty common problem with the ones I've observed. Even extremely negative traits are treated as endearing or cute because they are protected by the barrier between reality and fantasy, unable to be harmed by those traits. The most down to earth waifufags are those that actually acknowledge the flaws that their waifus possess.
>>
>>153268574
I do think I could at least be a good friend with my waifu IF I was in her world and the circumstances that allowed me to interact with her were possible. We share the same interests and that's part of the reason I fell for her.
>>
>>153269577
That's how I feel currently.

But I sknowledge that I am a pathetic faggot, because I know I am lonely and trying to fill a gap.
>>
>>153261544
If youre stupid enough to believe that most people actually are in love with a 2D girl and not just memeing youre retarded. There IS alot of people who feel actual love for a 2D character but honestly if youre at that point in your life theres no going back, might as well let them live in that delusion.
>>
>>153269698
Really? So you're only with your waifu because you are lonely? I'm actually lonely by choice, and I don't regret it one bit. But I'm still trying to get a job and improve myself lately to the best of my ability.
>>
>>153268154
>How can you have feelings for someone that cannot reciprocate?
When you meet new people you form some sort of image of them in your mind. It's never ideal representation of them, it's just all you know from interactions, observations etc. When you fall in love with someone, it just means that this image fits so well in your preferences.
When you watch anime, fantasize etc. you also form your own interpretation of that character. Falling in love with fictional characters is fundamentally identical to falling in love with real person. From your mind perspective it doesn't matter if you learn about character/person from watching anime or from watching it in real life.

>Doesn't it feel one-sided and hollow without having your feelings returned in a palpable manner?
No it doesn't. You can delude yourself into getting these feelings back by fantasizing and daydreaming. It feels only as fake as you make it feel. If you have good self-control and just do whatever makes you feel good instead of following some doctrines for no logical reason whatsoever, you can love your waifu and enjoy imagining her loving you without any regrets or guilt. Your subconsciousness cannot distinguish fantasies from actual interactions so love will always feel great, unless you will tell yourself that it's "wrong".
You can also further increase immersion by talking to her and imagining her responses, imagining her being next to you and interacting in all kinds of ways and getting body pillow so you can physically cuddle her.

>>153269147
That's all true. Also you as real being has that power over fictional characters that you can freely fantasize about them and it is relatively as real as any other kind related to them. When you fantasize about real people it means nothing because it's only in your head and they still exists physically. Fictional characters exists only as a concept, something that your mind has total control over.
>>
>>153269810
It's more because I realized I was lonely. I wanted to get married anon and all of that ended suddenly for me and my waifu was there.

I know she isn't "real" and I'll never interact with her. But she gives me comfort.
>>
Autism: The Thread
>>
>>153262925
So disappointed to find out she's a coalburner. But really, they all are.
>>
>>153270544
Poor Galkofag.
>>
>>153261544
if dubs, post lolis
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.