[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"hey guys, zero has this mystic power that gets people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: Betrayal.jpg (46KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Betrayal.jpg
46KB, 1280x720px
>"hey guys, zero has this mystic power that gets people to do what he wants, also he's a britannian prince"
>"WTF we hate zero now"

Seriously? They just blindly believe their biggest enemy and choose to betray their fucking leader like that? These guys wouldn't get anywhere close to overthrowing Bitannia if Lelouch didn't lead their sorry asses, his heritage shouldn't matter at this point, and it's not like he geassed that woman for no reason either. Lelouch is also a retard for trying to act mysterious at a time like this instead of properly explaining himself, he also makes things harder than they should have been for himself.

Goddammit, fuck this stupid-ass show. Now I understand why Guilty Crown was such a big pile of shit with unbelievably dumb characters, figures that it came from the same writer.
>>
>>153260785
Yep they are a bunch of idiots, let us also not forget how they ended up fighting alongside Schneizel who was also a Britannian prince.

But then again these are the same guys who couldn't do a damn thing on their first attempt to liberate Tokyo after Lelouch paved the way for them AND also took out of commission the Britannian commander (Cornelia).

But they put the whole blame on him for not being with them even though the Britannian were in the same situation as they had also lost their leader.
>>
>>153261004
Honestly, I don't even know if I want to finish watching Code Geass after this atrocious episode. It was rec'd to hell and back and I went in with big expectations, but it just kept getting progressively worse after Lelouch saved Suzaku from being executed.
>>
>>153261343
Don't give up now. It gets fun because Lulu just says FUCK IT and abbandons all morals. He's like "Oh, I'm an evil overlord? Here's a real fucking overlord!".
>>
>>153261343
You can look forward to Lelouch and Suzaku teaming up to crush the ungrateful bastards.
>>
File: 1439511607359.jpg (81KB, 696x540px) Image search: [Google]
1439511607359.jpg
81KB, 696x540px
>>153262749
>>153262816
So, those bastards actually get what they deserve and Suzaku finally stops being a literal retard?

Alright, I wanna se that happen.
>>
>>153262901
yep, some would argue what comes next makes up for the rest
>>
>>153260785
Half of them already mistrusted him, to be fair.
>>
>>153262930
Guilty Crown had a part where the MC gets betrayed for a stupid reason as well, and that blonde bitch who orchestrated it didn't even get the death scene she deserved. That shit was completely unsatisfying, I hope Code Geass doesn't do the same.
>>
>>153263036
No believe me, they get what's coming to them.
>>
>>153260785
Yeah, this part was really hard to watch and heavily damaged my opinion of second season.
>>
>>153263036
Difference is, Guilty Crown's MC was a fucking retard. Code Geass was pretty great plot wise in S1 and even S2 had more good stuff than bad (but both were numerous in S2). In Guilty Crown it's hard to say anything positive at all other than praising art and music.
>>
>>153265259
He was, but he was betrayed in the one part of the show where he wasn't being a retard for once and was actually trying to save as many people as he could. Like the Lelouch betrayal, it felt like the writers wanted me to think about the MC as if he was this manipulative asshole who got what he deserved when the people he used turned against him, but in reality he didn't even do anything that much wrong and the betrayers were just ungrateful cunts.

As for Code Geass, Suzaku was single-handedly harming my opinion on the show ever since the episode where Lelouch saved him. Was he supposed to bring some kind of moral ambiguity to the plot? Because he doesn't really succeed at that. He had every reason for turning against Britannia and joining the Black Knights after he was saved, but refused it and kept going on about how he plans to change the system from the inside or how the means don't justify the end.

And so far, he never fucking did anything to change the system like he's saying he'll do. All he's been doing is serving the same empire who murders eleven civilians and surrendering eleven rebels without mercy, tried to frame him and get him executed for a crime he didn't commit just for the sake of getting rid of an eleven in the army and so on. I grew such a dislike for Suzaku's character that even if he gets better in the later episodes I'll still probably hate him anyways.
>>
>>153265873
No, Suzaku wasn't really meant to bring a sense of moral ambiguity to the story, at least not in my opinion.
They both wanted the same thing for basically the same reasons, the difference was how they went about it.
Suzaku believed that the ends didn't justify the means, and that any ends reached through contemptible means weren't worth it. So, he decided that in order to fix the system from the inside, that way the least number of people would be harmed by the change and the change would be better for it. Him murdering his father in order to stop the war is convinced him of his view point of ends and means. All his actions in the show are also the result of him trying to gain the power necessary to do what he wished, hence him turning in Lelouch to the Emperor, since that would give him some of the necessary power.
Lelouch on the other hand, believes that the ends do justify the means, and if a system is corrupt, it needs to be torn down, burned, its foundations shattered, and then you begin anew. Of course, Lelouch was also influenced by his hatred of the Social Darwinism of Brittania and his father in particular. Because of his velief of the ends justify the means, it's why he uses his men as chess pieces, and was planning on sabotaging the SAZ, only by having Euphie shoot him instead of the Elevens.
Really, Suzaku and Lelouch are meant to be two sides of the same coin more than opposites. And at the end of the show you can see how theif beliefs are altered by their experiances and actions, as well as the time spent with each other.
>>
>>153266463
They could have done this better, because it's almost impossible to agree with Suzaku when you compare the ideals and actions of both him and Lelouch. Lelouch leads a terrorist organization who deals with criminals, saves innocent people and fights against a largely oppresive empire. While Suzaku is just... screaming "ZERO IS WRONG" as he literally helps the empire with doing their fucked up shit while pretending to be some kind of hero.

Not that Lelouch never played the villain role in the show before, but at least he was well aware that he was not being a good guy while he was doing that. Suzaku seems to lack this self-awareness about what he's doing, and that annoyed the shit out of me.
>>
>>153266924
That's true, they definitely could have portrayed it better. However, one thing that could help explain Suzaku's situation is that he was almost obsessed with keeping order, for good or for ill. Now, this kinda makes him look like a hypocrite, but at least he's not anymore of one than Lelouch.
>>
>>153266924
No, he was fully aware of what he was doing. His plan was to suck it up and continue to be the Empire's bitch and climb the ranks higher and higher, where he could start influencing things from the top.
>>
>>153267093
>That's true, they definitely could have portrayed it better. However, one thing that could help explain Suzaku's situation is that he was almost obsessed with keeping order, for good or for ill. Now, this kinda makes him look like a hypocrite, but at least he's not anymore of one than Lelouch.
What people keep orgetting is that Suzaku wanted to die for 80% of the show. Suzaku had zero intention to free the Japanese, he just wanted to die and everything he did was about making himself a larger target. Suzaku's goal is to give the impression of having noble ambitions, and then die of assassination so he doesn't actually have to actually try to achieve anything.

This is so vital to Suzaku's personality, that if you ignore it, most of his actions would have made no sense. It is also why he got given the Live Geass. Lulu forced Suzaku to keep going.
>>
>>153262901
Its the greatest BTFO ever, Charles gets BTFO, god gets BTFO, knights of round get super BTFO, black knights get Fuji'd, Schneizel gets BTFO, everyone gets their asses handed to them by lelouch and suzaku going full tyrant on them
>>
>>153266924
Lelouch's methods put people at risk. Suzaku was playing the long game.
>>
>>153267308
>Lelouch's methods put people at risk. Suzaku was playing the long game.
See >>153267257
Suzaku was playing the extremely short game. He was literally standing still waiting to get stabbed by a knife until the Geass forced him to dodge it.

Why is it that most people never noticed it? Do you guys watch it on fast forward?
>>
I've only seen the first few episodes, is his eye power literal magic or is there a explanation of the mechanics of how it works?
I have a hard time with magic in a sci-fi setting.
>>
>>153260785
It's so retarded because if they have the free will to abandon him and fight against him then he obviously didn'tuse his power to force them to work for him
>>
>>153267257
Oh yeah, my bad. That DEFINITELY played a big part in the "Suzaku, what the fuck brah?" Especially after his hardcore relapse to the death wish mentality after the whole Euphie incident.
>>
>>153267370
Because that's only have the half of it? He did want to help the Japanese and played the long game to get that. But he also wanted punishment for killing his father. Suzaku was actually beginning to get over his self-hatred until Zero killed his girlfriend and pissed on everything.
>>
>>153267425
It's literally magic, but it does have hard limits on what it can do, which Lelouch himself figures them out by experimenting in a few of the following episodes.
>>
>>153260785
Not defending the show but can you really say this is more retarded than what happened previously? In my opinion nothing was as bad as accidental kill all japanese geass.
>>
>>153267663
>He did want to help the Japanese and played the long game to get that.
No, because he can't have both. And we have seen that he choose death over saving the Japanese. You can't both plan for an early death AND play the long game, they are contradictory.
>>
>>153267719
There's a seeming contradiction because Suzaku wants to atone for his 'sins'.
>>
>>153267712
I'm glad there is logic to it, but I'm disappointed it is magic.
My first thought was that every subject of the empire has some kind of injection at birth that makes them subservient to some sort of signal that eyes transmits.
>>
>>153260785
>Lelouch is also a retard for trying to act mysterious at a time like this instead of properly explaining himself

He was trying to make zero a symbol, make it so anyone can take the helmet and lead the black knights. It's part of why Suzaku became the next zero
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.