[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your Lie in April

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: badartstyle.jpg (184KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
badartstyle.jpg
184KB, 1920x1080px
The real lie?
>romance

Kao should have died a few episodes before the end, the rest should have been about Tsubaki and Kousei getting together
>>
should of just went through with the suicide pact she suggested.
>>
File: badartstyle2.jpg (91KB, 1201x720px) Image search: [Google]
badartstyle2.jpg
91KB, 1201x720px
Also what the fuck was with the art style? The lips and nostrils just looked awful.
>>
>>153258759
its shoujo gone too far
>>
>>153258759
Well usually animu doesn't even show a difference between the lips and the skin of the face unless they have lipstick on (or it's a black guy), so they should be complimented for bothering with such a detail at all.
>>
>>153259186
That's not how this works. If a detail makes the face look worse, you shouldn't be praised for including it.
>>
>>153259186
They all had awful looking overbites because they tried to give them realistic mouths
>>
>>153259259
Many details would make them look worse (wrinkles, spots, moles, scars, blemishes, etc).

Point being, I don't get what the fuss is about. I honestly think it's because people are too used to the "norm" (where no one has any lips or nose).
>>
>>153258633
I didn't particularly like the ending and how Kaori and MC's relationship was handled, in the end she felt more like a plot device to get MC over his issues than a character with her own purpose in the show.
>>
>>153258759
Honestly I quite liked the way it made things look a bit different. Not the best choice, but better to try and fail than just mill around in safe choices always.
>>
Reminder that the characters in this anime were supposed to be middle school students, even though they acted like adults.
>>
>>153259369
>Many details would make them look worse (wrinkles, spots, moles, scars, blemishes, etc).
Obviously if you're intending to make them ugly, that's different (I shouldn't even have to say this), but including bad-looking shit just because it's more detailed is dumb.

>I honestly think it's because people are too used to the "norm" (where no one has any lips or nose).
Except every nostalgiafag in the world jacks off things that have noses. None of them praise these noses, though, because they look like shit.
>>
>>153259407
>better to try and fail than just mill around in safe choices always.
Better as a general philosophy, sure, because it leads to more successes in the long run. That doesn't mean the product where you failed hard is better than someone else's product that didn't try and was average, though.
>>
>>153259467
They should have just made them high schools students.

Erased had the same problem with Kenya having the vocab of a college professor
>>
>>153259513
True, but just for me personally, I also liked seeing something different for the sake of different. That's kind of a poor reason to like something, but whatever.
>>
>>153259616
I just made it my head canon that they were in high school
>>
>>153258633
The lie is that the show is any semblance of good.

>flashbacks every episode of the same shit seldom changing angles
>no semblance of real ptsd growth even after it all
>mc doesnt cry for girl at ending scene

I probably had more complaints, but I'm trying to forget this abomination.
>>
>>153259692
I really didn't like it either, the repetitive flashbacks drove me crazy.
>>
>>153259692
It's not shit, it's just not anything special or terribly noteworthy except for the soundtrack. It's just another unrequited-anime-love-story-with-melodrama cuz we can't have people ACTUALLY end up in a relationship or anything, no, that would be too happy/non-autistic.
>>
>>153259797
The music and performances were awesome, sans the CG hands on the piano.
>>
>>153259837
Also, for some reason, it's actually dubbed really well. I honestly have no idea why they bothered.
>>
>>153258633
Tsubaki is fucking awful, though. I would've rather died a virgin if she was the only alternative.
>>
I started Nodame Cantabile after watching that, hoping ther comparisons and the drama tag were justified.

No bitch tears to be had, but great show and best girl.
>>
>>153260437
Romance between the two is implied at the end.
>>
>>153259797
>he doesn't watch tragedies
>>
>>153261054
>your lie in april
>tragedy

This anime doesn't make you feel anything for the characters, and the death as mentioned by >>153259395 isn't as much a tragedy as it is a plot device.
>>
>>153260663
No it isn't.
>>
>>153261336
Even if I concede that YLIA is a tragedy (which it isn't), it's certainly not a good one. The characters are too unrealistic and unrelatable for you to actually feel anything when bad things happen to them. The only mildly relatable character that managed to get any emotion out of me was Tsubaki, and her storyline was neglected through the whole show.
>>
>>153258633
Atleast we can all agree that the only thing that was bad in this show is the blatant foreshadowing
>>
>>153261651
They didn't even try to hide it. As soon as she collapsed and went to the hospital it was so blatantly obvious she was sick.
>>
Why does leddit have such a hard-on for recommending this anime to people?
>>
>>153261931
Because they like melodrama trash like this and AnoHana.
>>
>>153258759
I thought it looked great. Overall the visuals and the music were good.

Too bad the narrative was god awful.
>>
I can't believe I actually cried at the end. I'm just going to blame the alcohol, because this anime was pretty mediocre.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.