[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, so. What the fuck did I just watch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

File: ergo-proxy-01-19.jpg (34KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
ergo-proxy-01-19.jpg
34KB, 704x396px
Okay, so.
What the fuck did I just watch?
>>
WAKE ME UP INSIDE
>>
Something you likely need to watch twice to understand.
>>
Ergo Proxy
>>
>>153255585
>What the fuck did I just watch?
Pretentions, bordering on fucking retarded, plot and a director way too stuck up his own ass.
>>
>>153255803
It always bothers me they overstate the obvious while remaining vague as fuck on the actual stuff needing explanations.

EVA fags in a nutshell, also funny how they get basic psychological terms wrong.
>>
>>153255585
you watched Ergo Proxy by studio Manglobe

How did you watch 24 episodes and never see the title
>>
>>153255585
something about a dystopian future with sentient robots.
>>
>>153255585
A bad anime. Watch stand alone complex instead desu
>>
File: pino.jpg (74KB, 550x884px) Image search: [Google]
pino.jpg
74KB, 550x884px
Pino a cute! CUTE!
>>
>>153255585
A lot of potential going down the drain.
>>
>>153255585
you watched what happens when a studio is given the green light to create whatever they want.
>>
The anime equivalent of RADIOHEAD.
>>
>>153256510
Seen it when it was new, loved it.
>>153255991
DEEP CREATION OF THE WORLD
>>
>>153255803
>>153255882
Both wrong. Lets see your top 10. I doubt they even come close to the levels of artistic merit Eva and Ergo Proxy offer.
>>
I genuinely liked Ergo Proxy.

I watched it when I was like 16 ten years ago
>>
>>153256995
>Only saying this because paranoid android ED
>>
CAN'T WAKE UP
>>
File: download.png (436KB, 630x354px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
436KB, 630x354px
>>153255585
Moonbeam City
>>
>first two episodes are literally godlike, setting up an immense amount of mystery
>expect Vince to return to the city
>ends up being a serial adventure about psuedo-Stands
>>
OP Here is there like a write up or a place like MAL or somewhere I can read an in depth discussion of what the hell all of this meant?
>>
>>153258170
on reddit bud
>>
RAISON D'ÊTRE
>>
Why is Ergo Proxy so vilified on /a/ while Texhnolyze is so lauded? haven't watched either.
>>
>>153255585
Would househusband this waifu.
>>
>>153259604
Why don't you watch them and find out?

Also the soundtrack for both shows are top notch.
>>
Runaway greenhouse effect kills Earth and a small sliver of the population escapes to space. Everyone else dies. Humans leave god-like robots on the planet to rebuild and populate domes with clones of humans for reasons which aren't really explained. This is more or less where the plot breaks down. If you can ignore that, then the central conflict becomes the god-like robots aren't really god-like after all, and the humans in space left them with an ingrained flaw—they die on contact with sunlight. With the Earth's permanent cloud-cover beginning to vanish after centuries, the proxies (god robots) have an existential crisis knowing they're going to die, and either kill each other or blow up their domes in acts of insanity. But one of the proxies created it's own clone and programmed it to kill the (returning) humans out of a desire for revenge. This clone is also immune to sunlight. That's the hero. He kind of rebels and ends the scheme, destroying the last bit of civilization on the planet in the process, but the conclusion is left ambiguous as to whether or not he kills the returning humans who are seen landing on Earth again in the last few minutes of the series. It's assumed he doesn't since he's learned to accept what he is, and the fact that he's a clone of another proxy means he's a blank slate and his own person. He doesn't HAVE to follow the path someone else laid out for him, regardless of it being his purpose. He was made to kill humans and end all life on Earth forever, but he doesn't need to, and he probably doesn't.
>>
>>153258170
Attention disorder support group is good place to start
>>
>>153255585
An eight-hour Evanescence music video.
>>
>Texhnolyze
I could not finnish this. I simply dislike it and I started it beacause I like cyberpunk. Weird.
>>
>>153255585

"I guess this time we are ergo proxy"

really?
>>
>>153255585

An anime so good that /a/ can't stand it
>>
>>153255585
It's a meme to hate Ergo Proxy. But it's sort of a riddle to uncover. It goes basically like this (watched this like 7 years ago)

Each Proxy created an artifical world in apocalyptic land. Vincent erased his memories to live normal life as a Citizen inside the Utopia he created, but he was pursued and several assassination attempts by other Proxies that created their own respected Utopias.

The scene/goth girl is granddaughter of the Utopia Vincent created, so she is targed of assassination by other proxies aswell. Vincent escapes the Dome and goes on a huge research to recover his memories and find out why the weirdest things come out to assassinate him. He comes to terms he can't live as a normal citizen but has ot be a proxy instead, but now with the benefit of dicking the goth girl..

It's not THAT hard to figure it out.
>>
>>153255585

Reason to enter!
>>
>>153257026
What's a top 10 supposed to prove?
>>
>>153262729
it just kinda blows how a lot of crucial information is hidden in that gameshow filler episode. Sure it was clever (especially the question regarding the OP's song, I won't forget that one) but it would have been nice for the info to be incorporated a little better
>>
i want a pino
>>
>>153255585
An Evanescence AMV?
>>
YOU COMPLETE MY FAITH
>>
COME AND SAAAAAAAAAAAVE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
RAISIN DET TRA
>>
>>153255585
The series should've stayed inside the dome. The only good episode outside the dome was the one about the girl studying Vincent.
>>
>>153255585
Ah~, Re-l-chan is lovely.
>>
>>153256603
MUHNIGGA
UHNIGGAH
HNIGGAMU
NIGGAMUH
IGGAMUHN
GGAMUHNI
GAMUHNIG
AMUHNIGG
>>
>>153257026
You missed the u key
>>
>>153270111
aurtistic?
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.