[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people hate it so much? >inb4 it's popular

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

Why do people hate it so much?
>inb4 it's popular
>>
It's popular and shit.
>>
>second episode
>two months later
>>
File: Marshall-Mathers-LP-2-665x385.jpg (28KB, 665x385px) Image search: [Google]
Marshall-Mathers-LP-2-665x385.jpg
28KB, 665x385px
>>153250600
>it's popular
Even pop shit on my pop shit, and it's pop-ular. Couldn't be more up with the, cuz it's my innocence I robbed you of, my fingers that got stuck up, taught you to, not give a, slapstick, hockey puck.
>>
File: CgldEYQU8AA2MPn.jpg (34KB, 493x585px) Image search: [Google]
CgldEYQU8AA2MPn.jpg
34KB, 493x585px
>>153250600
Its popular for the wrong reasons. Rather then give a coherent and interesting story about an immersive in game universe, they badly execute the most overused shounen tropes out there.

This show is one of the reasons I will never openly admit im an anime fan.
>>
because Asuna didn't die at the end of the first Arc
>>
It should have ended at episode 14
>>
>>153250600
Its very popular
>>
This is probably bait, but it's mainly because Kirito is a walking convenience machine. Self-insert, overpowered Gary Stu, etc.
Aincrad was basically "I met the perfect girl and she became my girlfriend because I was edgy and stronk" on top of "I am the chosen one to save everyone in the death game". Kayaba as a villain felt really flimsy, pretty much a god-tier coder with manchild aspirations. Alfheim arc was just plain bad.
GGO I'm biased to so I can't comment. Mother's Rosario and Excalibur arcs were actually good since they're actually playing a game instead of trying to save the world or whatever (The former is even better since Kirito barely even shows up).

SAO as a worldbuilding concept is actually pretty good, it's just marred by poor writing and character development. Which on a whole, makes it kinda bad. You could pretty much choose any side character, make them the main character, tell Kirito to fuck off for most of it and it'd actually be pretty comfy.

I haven't read Alicization so I can't talk about that.
>>
>>153252846
>I haven't read Alicization so I can't talk about that.
Was that when Kirito becomes jesus and have a kid with an AI that Asuna doesn't know about?
>>
>>153252939
Since that doesn't sound like something I've read, probably.
>>
>>153250600
> B-but I'm too elite for that!
>>
File: 1449023374643.jpg (22KB, 480x300px) Image search: [Google]
1449023374643.jpg
22KB, 480x300px
>"It's not like i like you or anything b-baka"
>marries for plot convenience
>become legend of zelda ripoff
>incest
>>
>>153252520
agreed
>>
>>153250600
There are literally hundreds of videos on YouTube picking apart every conceivable negative aspect of this show, if you are actually interested in the answer to your question, then go watch some.

Without getting into why it was bad, the story goes like this:
>show with interesting premise and flashy visuals comes out
>people flock to it
>they get so caught up in the hype that they turn a blind eye to its rapidly accumulating flaws
>after a while people start pointing out those flaws
>fast forward to now
>the fact of its shittiness is well known
>the show is still successful simply by virtue of the sheer number of people that know about it
>this makes people mad
>they complain about it
>this makes more people aware of it
>the cycle continues
>it's continuing right now, in this very thread
>>
>>153256625
>incest
Cousins is barely Incest, /co/.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.