[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /a/ think about ah my goddess?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: amg-ova-review-banner.jpg (101KB, 650x573px) Image search: [Google]
amg-ova-review-banner.jpg
101KB, 650x573px
What does /a/ think about ah my goddess?
>>
>>153237637

I don't much are for it.
>>
>>153237637

Oh my goddess sounds better.
>>
>>153237637
>>153237668
>>153237677
In before magical castration.
>>
I was just watching it. And crying like I usually do when I watch or read the series.

The story is great if you buy its premise. It has a huge emotional impact, but it's sweet and light-hearted. The manga suffers a bit of fatigue due to the never-ending racing arcs, but even if you don't give a shit about "MUH BIKES", you'll enjoy it.

However, something that annoys the shit out of me is its inconsistent style. I know 25 years are a lot of time, but come on, on the beginning the drawing wasn't "80's-like". It was ugly, period.

inb4 BELLDANDY LIED, /a/ DIED
>>
>>153237749
I love the bike and the mechanical designs. The mangaka really shines in that department.
>>
A tale of manipulative whores.
>>
Same as >>153237749

I know I'll probably never see it, but now the manga is over, I really wish the series was remade. 5 or 50 episodes, it doesn't really matter... I just want to see it more streamlined and the feeling of "finally, we're going somewhere!" we get after ch.278 permeating the story as a whole.

>>153237787
Well, if you are into bikes, then those arcs are wonderful.

>>153237800
>>153237700
This was a quite divisive move... I like the mangaka was ballsy enough to pull it, explaining the whole series in a single stroke. But still, the story. still. moves. too. slow.

At least for me, Belldandy wasn't being manipulative. She didn't mind telling K1 she loves him, but she feared losing him when he knew the truth. She was being weak. Birds of a feather if you think about it.
>>
[Sorry OP, I'll use your thread for soapbox.]

Exploring a bit more the "birds of a feather" part:

Before Belldandy met K1, she would spend most of her days collecting awards, licenses and shit like that. But it's stated by the series she's really powerful at this, so the odds of failure are minimal - she was on comfortable grounds, she didn't need to cope with failure.

Then she begins stalking K1. And she does it for years. Why didn't SHE try to contact him, at least once? Because she is insecure and would rather not try.

And yet she's sweet, the thinks on everybody above herself, she is a badass on multiple aspects, even being somewhat of a ditz...

Now, think on Keiichi before Belldandy. He is a wonderful mechanic and rider; and he isn't afraid to run, because he knows he can win, and the losing stacks are too low (specially against his father, the only person who he couldn't win against). He made a fame as a talented rider on an Engineering institute, where you can assume multiple people are at least interested in bikes.

And yet, he never had a girlfriend. He says that is due to his height, eyebrows and all those shitty excuses, but it's actually because "why bother with relationships? I can fap, I can have friends, I can work on my machines...". He was too comfortable having a shitty life.

And yet I bet anyone here would like to have a friend like him, because he is one of those guys who puts everyone above himself. Just like Belldandy does.
>>
>>153238162
Then an accident (or fate) puts them together, living under the same roof. Neither expected that - Belldandy wanted to grant K1's wish, K1 did the "I wish a goddess like you by my side" as a joke. They were stuck with each other, two insecure faggots who thought "waaaahhh I'm not worthy the other person, he/she's too good for me!". It was what they expected through their whole lives, a reason to live and to be loved, with no "what if", even if both constantly dropped the spaghetti.

Now, put yourself at Belldandy's place. You're together with the love of your life, and the person returns your feelings. You don't really care that much about sex, but you do love him/her - and he/she loves you back. And you have some hot potato bullshit imposed by someone else (the seal) and, if you open your mouth about it, you might lose the person you love for fucking ever.

Would you say it?
>>
>>153237637
Would've been forgotten if the author didn't make Belldandy a pile of negative implications
>>
>>153237833
>>153237700
I only ever watched the anime way back when, what is this about? Is that why they never have sex? I'm guessing she can't have sex or something?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.