[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's discuss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_0428.png (15KB, 580x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0428.png
15KB, 580x400px
Why is this belief common?
Why do you give the benefit of the doubt to an illustrator and not to a professional writer?
>>
>>153233498
>an illustrator
If your job is to both draw a comic and to come up with the stuff that happens in that comic, you're a professional writer.
>>
I prefer the One Piece anime only because we get to see more crew interactions (mini filler). The actual filler arcs suck.
>>
File: 1279340123794902.png (177KB, 487x615px) Image search: [Google]
1279340123794902.png
177KB, 487x615px
A lot of Sailor Moon filler was absolute shit though.

But, the Black Rose arc in Utena was some damn good filler.
>>
File: mpv-shot0011.jpg (118KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0011.jpg
118KB, 960x720px
>>153233807
I guess what I'm trying to say is it depends on the filler's execution/direction/writing.
>>
Filler can be fun

If the arc is shit I skip it though
>>
Some mangas place fillers in sub chapters. I don't mind them because they are usually quirky and you get a sense of comic relief.
>>
I think bias is involved; knowing an arc is filler you'll start to nitpick every frame so you'd hate it. Whereas if the very same arc was canon, it'll at worst be "it was decent"
>>
>>153233498
When anime filler starts contradicting character development and pulling stupid bullshit that never would have happened in the source I can call it shit.
Take Railgun S for example, the first 16 episodes were great, AOTS material perhaps. Then the last 8 episodes of anime original filler came along and shat all over the show. A character that had been established as powerless and useless became a mecha pilot overnight (literally, she read a fucking manual) and the MC went back on her MO of not getting her friends involved with danger, among other things. I hope Tatsuyuki Nagai dies in a fire.
>>
Naruto anime singlehandedly made everyone hate filler.
>>
I'm watching because I like how the Author does things. A filler means that everything I like isn't present. Why would I watch it?
>>
>>153234512
Naruto filler is literally the reason I got into anime beyond what aired dubbed on TV, and manga at all. I only started looking for shit online because I got so fed up with those random bullshit arcs after Part I.
>>
>>153234723
Could you tell though, honestly?
>>
>>153234862
Yes, since a lot of the times the filler has nothing to do with the story and ends up adding nothing overall. Besides a few jokes.
>>
It tends to mean there's less incentive to do a good job with it, in terms of plot and animation because the staff know it's not the main contents. And for this reason, it's usually given to the bad teams for practice or whatever. Besides, you are watching the series because you like the author's work, not some other person's fanfiction.
>>
>>153235105
You're describing Ranma arcs, and they weren't fillers
>>
File: juststop.png (277KB, 491x365px) Image search: [Google]
juststop.png
277KB, 491x365px
Filler is fine, if it's handled correctly. In my opinion, HxH99 handled its filler correctly. It felt like a part of the actual Hunter Exam arc. An example opposite of that would be One Piece, for ignoring the canon filler that is the coverstories in place of the director's own OC nonsense. I remember the Flag stealing arc and that shit pissed me off to the point where I dropped it. Another good example would be Naruto, but I realized that was the only time we get to see all of the Konoha 12 outside of the main three shine not once, but multiple times. A double edged sword.

On the other hand, adapting a manga 1:1 has negative consequences, too. Anime is animated, you have to take some liberties and show off something to keep the viewer's attention. This is why I mentioned HxH99. There's something to see with the animation and it shows compared to 2011 which adapts everything from the manga to a T, making it a slogfest with explaining everything.
>>
File: nabeshin_meeting.jpg (103KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nabeshin_meeting.jpg
103KB, 1280x720px
Hayate S1 was about 50% filler and it was great.
Hayate S4 was random adapted manga chapters and it was terrible.
>>
>>153233807
Literally only Chibi-Usa's Plesiosaur Adventure. The rest of Sailor Moon's filler is better than the plot. Often far better.
>>
>>153233767
Oh don't mind me, just posting the one filler arc that should be elevated into canon because of how good it was.
>>
>>153233498
>bleach
>AoEx
what's else
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.