[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Congratulations, how disgusting!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 18

Which ending is the definitive ending for Eva?

When I first watched the anime, I was of the opinion that EoE's ending was the actual ending, being how coherent and explanatory it was in comparison to episodes 25 and 26. But I've now come to the realization that such coherency only lends itself to appeasing the anti-art fanbase, the one that was in an uproar thanks to the initial ending of the show. Such fanbase only cares about waifuism, mecha, "fun", and clear narrative. Even if Anno wanted to make a budget-backed surrealist encapsulation of the show's last episodes, he couldn't, as he was already at the mercy of the fans, studio, and committee. So really, EoE has about as much merit to the series as the banality surrounding "Rei or Asuka?", with a chime of "Misato" somewhere in there. EoE is the Rebuilds' predecessor, and as such it's really no surprise the Rebuilds turned out the way they did - the signs were all there, after all.
>>
>>153216087
>Which ending is the definitive ending for Eva?
Both.
>>
They're the same.
>>
>>153216170
Impossible, they don't compliment each other. In fact, Asuka is most likely rejecting Shinji in EoE.
>>
Both. The inner universe (dreams and un-consciousness) and outside reality have to compliment and reflect each-other. They can't stand on their own, much like the characters themselves.
>>
>>153216087
3.0+1.0
>>
The characters and Evangelion are not real in relation to real World, it's an anime to understand beyond itself. There's no definitive "canon" ending simply because it doesn't matter, the characters are drawings on paper, they are there to connect you and Anno and for you to understand Anno through his medium, since he has problems with actual communication, that's why he prefers not to answer the questions about it. Both endings are "canon" in that sense, they carry similiar but different messages each of them you must understand, accept and go on living. Stop being autistic, anime is not real. That's also why Eva can't have a sequel.
>>
I dont understand why was Shinji choking Asuka?

I completed NGE series and EoE. What is the main theme/s the anime is about? Depression? I dont think so....
>>
>>153216244
>They don't compliment each other

Somebody missed the point
>>
File: 1485986671799.jpg (28KB, 390x290px) Image search: [Google]
1485986671799.jpg
28KB, 390x290px
>>153216087
There may be no definitive ending for Eva, but at least we have a definitive best girl.

Rei__
>>
File: alreadydepressed.png (505KB, 624x480px) Image search: [Google]
alreadydepressed.png
505KB, 624x480px
>>153216838
The anime is about Anno
>>
File: ow.png (1MB, 1365x676px) Image search: [Google]
ow.png
1MB, 1365x676px
>>153216838
Depression puts it lightly, I think the biggest theme is finding self-worth in one's self and the human race. We're all worth it

I would say the reason Shinji choked Asuka is up to interpretation like a lot of things in End. Anno says there's no real answer so he probably wanted people to draw their own conclusions. I just think Shinji was still shell shocked about Instrumentality and wanted Asuka to prove she was real, not expecting to be treated with love

After a while you stop thinking about it because otherwise you'll be on this subject forever
>>
>>153216758
This doesnt just go for anime. Its the same for literally all entertainment media. None of its "real." Its all just representations of something the artist wanted to show. Two people can look at the same painting, feel entirely different things, and neither is really 'wrong'
>>
>>153216758
>anime is not real
Anime is more real than anything in life itself.
>>
The TV ending is just stuff that's going on while Shinji is in Instrumentality. I'd actually love to see a mega cut that merges the two sequences into one.
>>
>it doesnt really make sense
>just ignore it though

great
>>
File: PerfectEnding.jpg (128KB, 800x578px) Image search: [Google]
PerfectEnding.jpg
128KB, 800x578px
>>153216087
You should read Re-take doujin anon, that's the best ending
>>
Still holding you to those evangelion posts, DB Super.
>>
>>153217060
What about escapism? You think the main theme of EVA could be escapism? I mean, dont escape reality, face your problems. Or not really?
>>
so, EoE is the real ending or episode 25 and 26 are the real ending?
>>
>>153217673
Both.
Episode 25 and 26 happen during instrumentality.
>>
>>153216758
>he prefers not to
Anno confirmed for bro.
>>
>>153216758
I'm sure that sounded smart in your head.
>>
File: 60991127_p15_master1200.jpg (51KB, 480x384px) Image search: [Google]
60991127_p15_master1200.jpg
51KB, 480x384px
>>
>>153217060
>After a while you stop thinking about it because otherwise you'll be on this subject forever
Too late for that
>>
>>153217423
>putting fanfiction next to canon
Asscucks everyone.
>>
People who say TV is "shinji's mind during EoE" didn't pay attention.

Anno has already said they are two different continuities, anyway. Like VN branching from episode 24.
>>
>>153216087
Episodes 25+26 take place during EoE. If you wanna be specific, it takes place right after the live action scene, right before GNR's neck gets sliced.
>>
>>153218976
Can you elaborate this?

How are they two different continuities?

NGE series last 2 episodes is what is happening in Shinjis head and EoE what is happening outside.
>>
Does it matter? The show is ridden with plot holes and inconsistencies from literally the first 5 seconds of the show (Rei appears in the street to Shinji, when she was miles away in a hospital). They didn't even fucking try with the show, though that's probably because they didn't have any budget. Rebuild might have its own flaws, but ultimately it is a much better retelling of the story.
>>
I would say EOE

The last few episodes they had to cut a ton of shit because of the budget, they really just phoned it in at that point, it's a miracle Episode 24 was still so good
>>
>>153219325
>Rebuild is better

How to completely get your opinion disregarded in 3 words
>>
>>153219355
Episode 24 might be the best episode in the whole series
>>
>>153219325
>Rei appears in the street to Shinji, when she was miles away in a hospital
That's quantum Rei from EoE. When Rei reunites with Lilith, carrying Adam and his soul, she transcends time and space and becomes literal God. So she appears at the beginning and the end. References to quantum mechanics can be seen in her room in terminal dogma
>>
>>153219495
thanks for the insight, I was wrong
Love you, family
>>
>>153216087
Given that Shinji has just killed his friend, who loved him unconditionally (and was the only person to do so, also mind you this is the second time he's hurt a friend), it really can go either way.

Both are valid interpretations; but they're not the same thing, it's a fork, a choice, like Red Pill, Blue Pill.
>>
>>153219459
Ah, a deus ex machina. Truly an indicator of a great and flawless show, right?

"x scene can be explained because God can do anything and time doesn't matter lol"
>>
>>153219325
You are dumb. Rewatch the anime again, read some articles, analysis, reviews. Maybe you will understand your so called "plotholes" then.
>>
>>153219633
You wanted an answer, you got an answer

So is it truly flawed or do you just not like thing?
>>
>>153216838
Do you mean in Instrumentality or on the beach? In Instrumentality, it's because she and the other girls basically destroyed him.
>>
>>153219680
He doesnt like it. He is salty about a cartoon on a random internet board, hidding behind no username.
>>
>eoe
>anti-art
lol ok
Both endings are the same from a different perspective, eoe was better because it was an interesting spectacle
>>
>>153219213
http://www.evaotaku.com/html/rcb-commentary.html

There's also a radio interview with Anno where he says the branching thing but I dunno where that is. Probably buried somewhere in evageeks
>>
>>153217423
It completely misses the point though.

>>153217712
The ending of EoE and the ending of 25/6 are what he's talking about. Only some of the events of the episodes occur in EoE, they're not the same. Congratulations =/= washing up on the beach and choking Asuka.
>>
>>153219619
I want a third pill. One that lets me choke her savagely but still love her until the end of the Earth.
>>
There is no true ending to Evangelion.
The series hasn't even begun. The anime was all Shinji's dream. He still hasn't gotten in the robot.
>>
>>153219807
To be honest, that's just a doujin.
>>
File: 1479986559065.gif (169KB, 390x290px) Image search: [Google]
1479986559065.gif
169KB, 390x290px
>>153219807
>Third pill

Rebuild it is!
>>
>>153216087
The original ending threw all the narrative in the bin, of course people were upset about that. The psychological side of Evangelion is what made it the masterpiece it is, but it can't stand on its own, even more so when the first 24 episodes narrated a story that was abruptly interrupted. EoE delivered both these elements, it was the perfect conclusion of the story.
Also you can't compare the Rebuilds, which are just Eva-flavoured action movies, to EoE, which is probably the deepest and most meaningful part of the whole franchise.
>>
>>153219899
>t. Someone who wasn't paying attention.
>>
>>153219899
>Also you can't compare the Rebuilds, which are just Eva-flavoured action movies, to EoE, which is probably the deepest and most meaningful part of the whole franchise.

You really can though. EoE might not be as shallow as Rebuild (any of them, not just 3.33) but it's still pretty shallow.
>>
>>153220108
Compared to what, Faulkner?
>>
Now one thing i've always wondered is what the fuck is shinji and asuka suppose to do from now on after the beach ending.

Everyone became Tang
They are most likely the sole remaining humans on earth, wich by the way is fucked.

Are they just going to kill themselves, starve to death?
>>
Whats with all the "christian" symbolism in NGE? Crosses, angel names, tree of shit etc.? It makes NGE look pretentious and the hipsters are defending it then as one of the greatest anime ever. Laughable.
>>
>>153220154
>Compared to what, Faulkner.
I genuinely cannot believe I just read this.
No, compared to Evangelion itself. The End of Evangelion pales in terms of actual meaning to the television broadcast.
>>
>>153220236
Nigga it's cool.
>>
Congratulations happen when shinji is inside the eva, so the finale is "you disgust me".
Or at least is what i always thought.
>>
>>153220223
What would you do if you was Shinji? Like, for serious, after all shit that happened. Don't forget that you're currently watering with tears the titties of a girl you've hurt numerous times with your ignorance. What are your actions after all the lessons you've learned?
>>
>>153220223
theyre gonna rub they butts together
>>
>>153220236
"its cool"
>>
>>153220277
What do you mean? The christian things are cool? But why do people analyse them and overthink them like its the next coming of Jesus and bible. NGE fans are a bunch of pretentious hipsters.
>>
File: bonk.jpg (26KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
bonk.jpg
26KB, 400x300px
>>153220236
>It makes NGE look pretentious and the hipsters are defending it then as one of the greatest anime ever
What's with this meme? I've literally never heard people defending it for Christian imagery
>>
NGE is a solid anime, but its not a masterpiece like a lot of people claim. Its a very flawed show, to be honest.
>>
File: shadow.png (717KB, 1154x642px) Image search: [Google]
shadow.png
717KB, 1154x642px
maybe she was just disgusted that someone was choking her
>>
>>153220538
If you take the christian stuff that looks cool and controversial away, then its just a monster of the week mecha with teen angst and self acceptance. Gundam and Ideon did it too. The christian imagery is important. Without it NGE is nothing. Not controversial and people wouldnt talk about it so much.
>>
>>153220351
I'm too self-conscious to put it to words. Probably be thankful and never let her go.
>>
>>153220351
I have no idea, i mean the world is left in such a uncertain state that i doubt i would take any reasonable action. No couple is ready to suddenly become the new adam and eve on a world best described as a floating soup of tang
>>
>>153220415
1) It might be fun
2) It's a common known fact that the Christian symbolism in Evangelion is aesthetic choice, and no one looking to seriously discuss it will ever bring it up.
>>
>>153217551
That's an interesting question.
Instrumentality, if completed as Gendou planned, was indeed a way of escapism from reality. It would have created a world of "oneness" in which all souls would be connected and people would understand everyone's feelings.

But Shinji rejected it in the end, so the walls of hearts went up again (the well-known A.T. Fields), and full understanding would be impossible again. Life starts again, and Shinji chooses to face reality as it is, with its suffering, hardship and rejection.

As for Asuka, I'm not sure if it was her will to live, or the fact that sharing her most inner emotions during Instrumentality was such a traumatic experience that she wanted to escape from there no matter what.

And as for her paradoxical behavious (the caress, the cold stare and her las sentence: "Kimochi warui"), I think it was depicted that way to show ambiguity. The ambiguity of reality and human interaction.

In real life there can be love and happiness, but also rejection and suffering. And Shinji learnt that it was fine that way, and that as long as he managed to love himself, "anywhere can be paradise".

So, yes, EoE is like exiting from a long depression and accepting the world as it is.
>>
>>153220631
It's about as important to NGE as aesthetic is to just about anything. Stories. Music. Etc. So what you're saying is invalid, because you can extend that complaint to almost anything.

"If Dark Souls didn't look like this, people wouldn't talk about it as much."
"If the Stands in JoJo weren't named after bands people wouldn't care so much about them."
"If Yu-Gi-Oh! cards didn't look this way, nobody would play this game."

Yeah, if things are ugly or uncool, people tend not to care about them. This is especially true of media, and fiction.
>>
>>153220631
The difference between NGE and Tominocrap is that NGE is actually exceedingly well-made and affecting as a result. The other two are ridiculous bathos.

It's funny that the plebeians who want to feel epic by "pointing out" that NGE "is not original" conveniently always forget to mention how much better it is than the mediocrity it was inspired by.
>>
>>153220791
>But Shinji rejected it in the end, so the walls of hearts went up again (the well-known A.T. Fields), and full understanding would be impossible again. Life starts again, and Shinji chooses to face reality as it is, with its suffering, hardship and rejection.

I just want to point out that he did not do this solely because of the intrinsic value in this choice.
>>
>>153220949
Yes, it was somehow selfish from him, because he didn't want to feel lonely. "I want to see them again", he said.

But even so, he chose not to escape from reality. For once, he didn't run away as he always did.

But I don't think it means he became brave at all; as I said, there was some selfishness in his decision.
>>
>>153221103
If you really wanted to, you could argue otherwise.
>>
i always assume shinji choked asuka because he regretted his decision.
>>
>>153221164
Indeed. It isn't as simple as it looks.

I'm sorry if I made it look that way. That's how I see it and it makes sense considering Hideaki Anno's depression was essential for the argument of the film.

But it could also be thought that Shinji ran away as usual, trying to avoid human contact inside the "oneness" of Instrumentality. And that would explain why he choked Asuka in Hell Kitchen scene, as a symbol of Shinji wanting to be alone.
>>
anywhere can be paradise as long as you love yourself and happiness is attainable as long as you are alive are bullshit messages though. say you're being held captive by isis, for instance. do they still ring true?
>>
>>153216087
>Which ending is the definitive ending for Eva?

The one that literally has "End of" in the title
>>
>>153221303
You're right, but as said in the comment before, H. Anno had a terrible depression, and his experience served as material for Evangelion. So it makes sense if the final message was kind of optimistic about life and death. "Don't give up. If someone like Shinji can come back to reality, you can too", or something like that.

But indeed, as you say, the message is kind of simple and somehow silly if we consider other factors (i.e. being held by ISIS or whatever). Life is not all roses, we could say.
>>
>>153220916
I dont take people seriously who use buzzwords such as "pleb". Grow up. You are watching cartoons for kids.
>>
>>153221303
I hate people who try to find objectivity by naming extreme scenarios that don't pertain tot hem.
Are you in a developing country?
>>
>>153221303
By this logic, every message out there, every cartoon, every movie, every book is bullshit.
>>
>>153221281
He didn't choke her because he wanted to be alone. He choked her because she refused to be with him, because anyone would do. Because Shinji never cared about her and doesn't need her. Shinji rejected Instrumentality because he was not willing to face and overcome his flaws. So he was consumed by them. He ran away from himself.
>>
But if NGE has such a simple message, why do hipsters praise it like hell then? Why is nobody ever mentioning the tons of flaws NGE has? I can only see "deep" "complex" "deconstruction" buzzwords when it comes to praising nge. This means nothing to me.
>>
>>153221303
Eva is targeted to the normal Japanese people of the 90s who felt the crushing weight of the bubble crashing down and were depressed with normal life, not to ISIS captives.

Besides, the existentialist message is the same regardless of the external circumstances.
>>
>>153221427
You took the time to post this just to say you don't take internet people seriously. I highly doubt you have any ground to make claims about growing up
>>
>>153221474
not at all dont be ridiculous. a work with the simple message of say 'make sure you enjoy the good in life when you can because you never know when things could turn sour' would be extremely pertinent in that particular situation.
>>
>>153221580
Because in spite of its flaws it was a successful endeavor. People generally only talk about something's flaws when it's failing or is a failure or failed in some way. Evangelion isn't flawless, but its flaws are pretty non-essential.

Personally, I think EoE is a clunky as fuck movie and an incredibly shallow alternative to the story's primary ending.
>>
>>153221636
I dont. But I do have a job and a wife and a kid coming. Maybe im not grown up yet, because I need to stop watching cartoons for kids. Thats the only flaw I still have. So yeah. But at least I dont go around calling people "plebs" in a condescending tone to show my superiority over cartoons for kids.
>>
>>153221303
A lot of people who survived captivity saw the whole thing as a dream and as some sort of disgusting circus. Much like Shinji and Asuka at the end of EoE.
>>
>>153221575
Yes, I fully agree with you. But it's actually because Asuka rejected him that he decided that being alone would be better.

Asuka didn't want to be the puppet of anyone, and even less of Shinji. That's for sure.

“Anyone will do. You don’t care who it is! So now you come running to me. […] Pathetic”. She utterly rejects him, and thus, Shinji ends up broken.
>>
>>153221714
That is not the only flaw you still have, and the fact that you're attacking people on the internet is proof of that. Find somewhere else to be angry, you're not contributing to any discussion.
>>
>>153221777
I was not attacking anyone. You were calling people "plebs". How is this contributing to any discussion? But whatever, be it your way. I rather give up, because I will not get through a thick head of yours in anyway. I
>>
>>153221871
I'm the guy who made the post and you can easily see that the point I made is completely unrelated to whether a word makes you get mad.

It'd be easier to admit you're a Tomino fan and call me a faggot, you know
>>
>>153221682
Every flaw is essential when it comes to rating and criticizing an anime. Thats why I cant give NGE the highest score. If people can do this for other anime for even more stupid reasons or superficial arguments, then its only fair I do it for NGE too.
>>
>>153221931
What are you talking about now? What has Tomino to do with this. Im talking about the guy calling people "plebs" contributing to the discussion, like you said.
Why would I call you a faggot over a cartoons for kids? Like for real? Come on.. What would I gain from it? Eh, people are really immature and disrespectable. Im out of here.
>>
>>153221871
I wasn't calling anyone anything. I was just following your posts.

>>153221999
Great, no one cares.
That's not what he nature of this thread is. That's not even tangentially related to the OP.
>>
>>153222133
You know that the vast majority of the posts here are not related to the OP? Just stop please...
>>
>>153216244
did you even watch the movie?
>>
>>153216244
>>153222282
He's right. Everything to do with NERV was probably a valid interpretation of what was going on. But everything inside of Instrumentality is the product of a forked road. Congratulations does not occur in EoE at any point, offscreen or otherwise, it's a separate conclusion.

The belief that it's not is, to be frank, pretty stupid.
>>
In the original TV, what was the ending in a physical sense? Did instrumentality start? Did Seele or Gendo accomplish their plans? I get what happened in Shinji's mind in a metaphysical sense but what occurred in the outside world in regards to the ending?
>>
File: 1413404652543.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1413404652543.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>153222776
>>
>>153222419
Thinking that is pretty retarded, there are scenes in Eva 25 from EoE and the instrumentality follows the exact same themes in both versions
>>
>>153223024
>there are scenes in Eva 25 from EoE
That's because EoE was closer to what Anno wanted to make in the first place but was loose on a budget. Sure, he said he didn't have problem with them, but he's Anno, he rarely says what he means, he has a problem with explanation and understanding, like Shinji, that's why he wants people to understand him through his work.
>>
>>153223124
>on a budget
no

>the running out of cash thing isn't true - that's something that's become a popular theory more recently, which confuses me a bit because at the time, there was absolutely no debate over what happened to the final episodes. In fact, it was reported in Japanese newspapers at the time - it was quite a big news story, given Eva's huge popularity in its original terrestrial broadcasts.

>Anno and the rest of the Gainax team had been pushing production of the various episodes up closer and closer to the deadlines issued by their TV station, to the extent that they were actually biking episodes over to the broadcast centre on Beta tape only minutes before the broadcast time. This was tolerated, because Eva had some of the highest ratings of any show ever - until Episode 24.

>Episode 24 arrived at the station so late that it couldn't even be watched before being broadcast - it was slapped in a Beta drive and transmitted directly, without being reviewed by any staff at the station. Episode 24, you'll recall, is the Kaworu episode, which aside from the homosexual overtones (probably not actually an issue), ends with, er, a pop. Bear in mind that this was broadcast in a 6.30pm weekday slot on Japanese national television.

>The network went apeshit - it may have been in silhouette, and he may have been technically non-human, but you can't show a 14 year old popping his 14 year old friend's head off at 6.30pm on TV, even in Japan. Gainax, and Anno specifically, were accused of deliberately holding back the episode to prevent the network from seeing it before broadcast - and the network staff demanded to see the storyboards for the next two episodes. (Anno had previously made a promise with the TV station that he wouldn't kill any children in the show, which is why Touji didn't die and he went crazy with character deaths for EoE)

Eva TV was a "live performance" according to Anno.
>>
>>153223201
Ah, so he actually just scrapped all the massacre he wrote and went with psycho issues instead so the network wouldn't complain? Tbh I like the original more
>>
>>153223634
Shouldn't have quoted that from the previous thread because apparently it's mostly bullshit, but in general terms whenever you see an anime production 'fall apart' it's more to do with schedule than pure lack of money. In this case, the schedule became unmanageable because Anno is a lazy fuck and he couldn't even decide on the ending until very late in the game.
>>
Can someone explain to me how Shinji is a "well-written" character. I only see people saying this, but nobody elaborates. Ever.
>>
File: shinji.jpg (32KB, 298x223px) Image search: [Google]
shinji.jpg
32KB, 298x223px
>>153223901
He's well written.
>>
>>153221682
Which part? The first half was the original ending, second half was written to work with the show or portray Instrumentality

It's pretty obvious Anno's not the best writer in the world with how sudden shit happens during Episode '25. I feel Episode '26 was probably one of the most interesting and unique animations I've ever seen

I still love the original ending though. Just the last few scenes of End of Eva were a blast to see
>>
File: puffy clone.jpg (45KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
puffy clone.jpg
45KB, 800x534px
>>153216087
They're the same ending you idiot, episodes 25 and 26 just take place in Shinji's consciousness when he's strung up by teh rei's global clusterfuck sacrifice in EVA01 and ends when he rejects it.
>>
>>153224026
Yeah. Copy paste circlejerkers that dont have their own opinion. NGE is actually not so amazing.
>>
>>153224111
They're not.
Despite certain events remaining concurrent with one another, the resolution to Shinji's character is ultimately different.

That means they're not the same.
>>
>>153223901
He's very human and a believable 14 year old

He's an inverse power fantasy
>>
>>153225289
How is he inverse power fantasy? I want to self insert me into shinji to pilot that big robot and be bullied by Asuka and live alone with Misato and fap to all 3 girls. Tsundere, Dandere and milf. Such tropes, much wow. Oh that tight suits, make me hard. NGE panders so much to my dick.
>>
>>153219633

again mate, did you even pay attention
>>
File: 1479451329751.jpg (16KB, 420x315px) Image search: [Google]
1479451329751.jpg
16KB, 420x315px
>>153226006
>Rei will never gaze at you indifference as your body slowly grows lifeless.
>>
>>153221714
Add the lack of lurking to your flaws faggot.
>>
>>153217060
>Depression puts it lightly, I think the biggest theme is finding self-worth in one's self and the human race. We're all worth it

And not being afraif to interact with people, instead of shutting everyone out, hence that Hedgehog shit and why the AT fields of the Evas existed as a sort of metaphor, when they later reveal humans have an AT field too.
>>
>>153219619

Didn't Misato also love him unconditionally?
>>
>>153220949

Why was no one else able to reject instrumentality besides Shinji and Asuka? There were no other people strong willed enough to not choose death?
>>
rejecting the otaku lifestyle and then making a film about schoolgirl prostitutes is kind of a contradiction
>>
>>153229181
Did you even watch the movie bro
>>
>>153228974
They were simply the first, anyone can come back from the sea if they want. We don't know what happens after the movie ends it's very possible that others will emerge.
>>
>>153216087
I'm disgusted by EoE and everything it stands for. Asuka's voice actor was right, Anno is a deranged man and EoE is where he really lost it. He should've gotten help for his mental health issues instead of using a movie to vent his anger at the world.
>>
>>153216176
REEEEEEEEEE

"Kimochi warui" isn't "How disgusting", its "I feel sick"
>>
>>153223901
lots of people on this board are antisocial with daddy issues so he is the perfect self-insert
>>
Tsurumaki was right, the entirety of EoE was unnecessary. The series should have ended for good on episode 26.
>>
>>153231037
>The line is also often said by women when they think something is repulsive or disgusting to them, often said to men, as an impolite way to reject them
>>
>>153220236
and FMA:B is pretentious because the villains are named after the seven deadly sins. Get over yourself shows can mention christianity without trying to have a message about it. Stop parroting some argument you heard a 12 year old yell about on the internet and think about how stupid it sounds.
>>
>>153232232
The JSSDF storming NERV and Asuka's fight with the mass production EVAS are the greatest scenes in the entire show.

Fuck off.
>>
>>153232688
Being great scenes doesn't mean they do anything for the show itself. They are great scenes because of the animation and directorial talent that worked on them using a feature film's budget and schedule. They could have poured all that into something else that wasn't EVA and they would still produce amazing scenes.
>>
>>153231037
>"I feel sick"

>Often said by pregnant women

ASUKA/SHINJI APOCOLYPSE BABBY CONFIRMED!?
>>
>>153232728
This theory is old as shit and is, in fact, shit.
>>
>>153216087
So, at the end of EoE, do'ya think Shinji and Asuka just wondered aimlessly and died of starvation or were they essentially just Adam & Eve 2.0?
>>
>>153232953
Yui specifically says anyone can come back. This is about the 300th time I've had to post that sentence.
>>
>>153232953
seems pretty irrelevant desu, though the poster shows them just chilling and looking at giant Rei's face decompose
>>
>>153233006
Yeah, I was thinking about that as well, but does that mean, just climb outta the LCL?

So many questions left unanswered.
>>
>>153233031
I always entertained the idea that they had to eat from the rotting Rei head to survive.
>>
File: lcl.gif (988KB, 500x235px) Image search: [Google]
lcl.gif
988KB, 500x235px
>>153233035
>just climb outta the lcl

thats what Shinji does, so yeah
>>
have you listen that version of the op that plays in the catalog page?
>>
>>153232953
They lived. The ending doesn't make any thematic sense if they're about to die.
I don't think it's a good idea to take the obviously very symbolic last sequence too literally, beyond it showing that life is going to be very very fucking brutally hard.
>>
>>153232727
It was great because it was Eva though. It was Eva concepts blown up to a huge scale that they couldn't achieve in the TV series. An original movie would have to take time build up characters and ideas for us to care about them nearly as much as we do as soon as EoE.
>>
>>153233154
But, he and Asuka didn't get goo-ified like the staff did.
>>
>>153233547
Asuka died, so its implied that she gets tanged, just as Misato got tanged after she died And Shinji achieved a nutty synch ratio. Last time that happened, he dissolved into LCL too
>>
>>153233514
>JSSDF storming NERV
>it was EVA
You wouldn't be able to tell if they just changed the main characters and the color of the walls. It's a very common kind of scene, very well done of course.

>MPs vs Asuka
Well, yeah it was EVA but I'm gonna go out and say that for pretty much everyone, the reason that was so strong was the music, the ridiculously incredible animation and the cool-ass large scale giant brawl. Not because there was any EVA concept being exploited.
>>
>>153233547
There is supposed to be a draft of the script describing his plug ejecting and falling to sea, but that doesn't happen in the finished movie. It's still in EVA-01 and whatever happened to his body is still in that, he recreates his shape again from the juice.
>>
>>153233730
If I were to suggest anything that made End any relevant to Eva it's everything to do in the second half of the movie than the first half

The first half of kill-em-all has no sense of tragedy. You see people die, but it doesn't add much. Asuka's fight scene is eye candy, but it isn't really until all the girls die that the real sense of tragedy is felt. But in Episode '26, seeing all the characters from the TV series become one with Instrumentality after it begins does allow you to see the conclusions of all their characters than just Shinji in the last two episodes
>>
Anno is a hack
>>
>>153237214
We're aware, 3.0 proved this
Thread posts: 151
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.