[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, after a long time of avoiding anime, I've recently gotten

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: ps-1.jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ps-1.jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
So, after a long time of avoiding anime, I've recently gotten up to date on Kobayashi and Konosuba.

Now, I know there are flaws to both and I see how much they're catering to adolescent Japanese teenagers, but I can't deny that I'm really enjoying them.

Have I lost my jaded disposition from lack of anime, or do I just have shit taste now?
>>
>>153198618
You stopped being a stuck-up cunt, presumably.
>>
>>153198618
You've always had shit taste, you just stopped pretending.
>>
>>153198640
>>153198644
I got into the terrible habit of damning a show before even watching it. Now I've realized something terrible about myself; I can enjoy things I know are objectively bad.

What's happening to me?
>>
>>153198618
You learned how to fucking have fun. This too >>153198644

Also fuck those fags that would go into either show's threads and would try to start shit. I watch and I highly enjoy both.
>>
>>153198688
/a/'s shit on every show that's come out, regardless of the quality. I remember people whining about the abundance of TTGL and KLK threads when both of those shows were coming out too.

A lot of people on /a/ think that being critical makes them cultured or better than those who aren't.
>>
>>153198685
You grew up and discarded your adolescental tendency to judge.
>>
>>153198901
Oh, I'm still quick to judge things, but I realized that I'm not trying to impress anyone by liking or hating anime, and became more tolerant of shows.
>>
>>153198618
If you have been avoiding anime for any amount of time, your taste is beyond saving. Suicide might be the best option.
>>
>>153198937
Yeah, that is the correct attitude to have. Having fun is what matters. It's a hobby, not a job.
>>
>>153198964
But then I'll be avoiding anime for even longer. Your internal consistency is terrible. Are you alright? Have people been making fun of you for liking anime again?
>>
>>153198937
Same here, don't give much of a damn. If I enjoy a show then thats that. Can't be bothered to participate in all the autism these days.
>>
It helps that the bar is lower now. The race to the bottom of the barrel in terms of sucking antisocial revenge fantasy teenage Otaku dick has accelerated to at least 8Fast8Furious on a 10 point scale since the decade turned over. Personally I blame Sword Art for being such a fucking money printing machine while also taking indulging that audience to absurd new levels, necessitating that every studio start acting like a bunch of Military FPS devs desperately trying to make "Modern Warfare But Not," in the late 00s.

Anyway, regardless of that lower bar and the pandering those shows indulge in, feel happy because Kobayashi has a lot of legitimately funny absurdist comedy haunting its shitty otaku-bait premise and character models, and KonoSuba is just a strait up good show despite itself that at least aspires to be something better than the industry meta that spawned it.
>>
File: 1301151464187.gif (499KB, 620x548px) Image search: [Google]
1301151464187.gif
499KB, 620x548px
ganbare, op. I think anime is great too. I hope more people will open their eyes to how much great anime is out there! Op... Fighto!
>>
>>153199036
Same. I know some people hate Kill La Kill for example but for me it's a 10/10 show. It's not perfect, there are plot holes but damn I find it entertaining and that's more than enough for me. I'm not here to please others after all.
>>
>>153199067
I don't get how Kobayashi would be any better if you rid the "bait" premise and character models and replace it with something way more standard.
>>
First season of Konosuba was a breath of fresh air, for sure. Haven't tried the new episodes yet though.
>>
>>153199067
Well, I was very quickly fed up with the Ii Sekai genre, but Konosuba manages to skirt my biggest peeves with the show as soon as they pop up.

Kobayashi seems like it's got really good pacing and keeps interesting, so it abates my annoyance at the moeblob aspects of the show. Plus, it reminds me of Yuyushiki and I love that show.
>>
>>153199107

Because if you cut out the moe pandering stuff and the more typical gags that Otaku Bait indulges in there would be more time for the good jokes about the dragons and their weird ticks and fucked up ways of thinking, and Kobayashi's weird personality that doesn't exactly fit the standard jaded Otaku protag mold and thus makes her more interesting and funny. (It also helps that she's both a woman and an office drone rather than the more expected setup, which helps with the show's freshness)
>>
>>153198618
But Maiddragon and Konosuba are actually pretty good shows. Not perfect obviously, but good. It's not like everything is either a 0/10 or a 11/10. Maybe you realized this simple fact?
>>
>>153199307
I really don't think that taking the moe pandering stuff would automatically result in there being more good jokes and more content.
>>
File: 1370737486465.png (492KB, 672x1014px) Image search: [Google]
1370737486465.png
492KB, 672x1014px
>>153198767
> I remember people whining about the abundance of TTGL and KLK
That's because they are objectively bad
>>
>>153198688
>its just fun
>i hate when people disrupt my safe space general with opposing opinions

Youre actually cancer.
>>
I haven't seen Kobayashi yet, but it helps that Konosuba genuinely is funny. I don't think I've watched something in the last few years that's made me actually laugh quite as much as it has.
>>
>>153198618
Great blog faggot.

>>153198685
You stopped caring about what people think about japanese cartoons and started to enjoy your own shit taste. Congratulations on your first step out of plebhood.
>>
>>153200442
Konosuba actually feels like a genuine and silly fantasy adventure, it really made me want to go back to Slayers.
>>
>>153198618
I've gotten normies to watch Konosuba (and binge it in one night) who dislike anime.

It's a good show. F/a/ggots just like to be shitters for the sake of shitting.
>>
I can't really enjoy Konosuba, it doesn't have a lot of jokes and reuses the same themes again and again. The low quality animation and gutted episodes didn't help either
>>
File: 1486312870315.jpg (36KB, 206x359px) Image search: [Google]
1486312870315.jpg
36KB, 206x359px
>>153202696
You are entitled to your opinion, however wrong it maybe.
>>
>>153202721
Same goes for you.

Some of the few jokes that made me smile were Megumi blowing up the Dullahan's castle until he got mad and the friendship stone part of one of the recent episodes.
>>
>>153199664
Well, that's your opinion and just because I don't agree doesn't mean it isn't valid. I like Yuyushiki though, hopefully we agree on that.
>>
>>153202696
I personally like the animation jank, it reminds me of KLK's in that it tries to make the best of its limitations.
>>
Nice blog.
>>
>>153202839
Thanks!
>>
>>153198618
I think it's more likely that you're finally starting to grasp the true beauty of anime. There is no need to maintain a facade of culture. Nobody is going to commend you for your great taste in Chinese cartoons. Indulge yourself in your true desires, Anon.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.