[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why was this show so popular?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

why was this show so popular?
>>
>>153118468
-No moeshit
-No haremshit
-No fanserviceshit
-No 2deepforyou shit
-Best art and animation that year
>>
Because it is an amazing anime
>>
>>153118468
It had some good elements which dragged you in and made you ignore how shit it really is

And then if you liked it you thought the shitty elements were actually good
>>
>>153118841
List the shitty elements.
>>
@153118520
You're not even getting a (You) for this.
>>
Give me a rundown on what happened past what the anime adapted.
>>
>>153118859
Uhhhhhhh
>>
>>153118859
Everything past episode 7.
>>
>>153119085
bertolt is the colossal titan and he got defeated and fed to titan-armin to make the latter human again

there's another continent in the world that's at like 1940s-level technology and they sent annie/reiner/bertolt to kick down the walls and retrieve eren and the coordinate

we're still not sure why

typical shonen manga drag-out-the-most-basic-fucking-questions-about-the-antagonist-identities-and-motivations-for-fucking-ever bullshit
>>
>>153119085
>monkey troubles
>ymir is a titan
>bert and reiner are titans
>eren gets kidnapped
>they get him back
>erwin loses his arm
>eren gets kidnapped again
>clint eastwood shows up
>i drop the manga
>bert dies
>>
>>153119085
Ymir is a titan, Christa is really Historia ruler of the walls, Armin gets molested by an old man while dressed as a girl, Bert and Reiner are the colossal and armored titans respectively and wreak havoc, Erwin loses his arm and later his life, Eren goes from ragetard to emo, Mikasa who?, Levi's gay uncle briefly raised him and then abandoned him, Eren's half brother Zeke is monkey titan and a complete spaz, Armin is a titan shifter (the colossal titan 2.0), the walls are called the country of Eldia, it takes place on Madagascar, outside the walls is a country called Marley which is where Grisha, Zeke, Eren (the other Eren), BRA, and others are from, planes and boats exist and also zeppelins and probably cars, Grisha never played baseball with Zeke, in the basement was Grisha's life story, and Grisha is literally the objectively worst fucking character in the entire series by just how fucking unbelievably retarded he is. He even out-retards Eren which says quite a-fucking-lot.
>>
It has a unique and interesting premise. Too bad it squanders it.
>>
>>153119310
>eren gets kidnapped
Understatement of the century.
>clint eastwood
You mean Trevor Philips.
>>
>>153119322
What are the chances of those time travel shit theories coming true?
>>
>>153119322
Oh yeah also time travel confirmed but only memories can time travel and for Eren to save everyone he has to continually send his memories back in time to his dad and Eren Kruger over and over until he gets it right. We Life Is Strange now, oh yeah also he's gay for Armin and Levi is 2 seconds away from committing sudoku because >no Erwin to suck off
>>
dropped it when petra died

hate these kill-every-character anime
>>
File: 1388869895854.jpg (2MB, 876x3901px) Image search: [Google]
1388869895854.jpg
2MB, 876x3901px
>>153119372
I actually meant to say Abe Lincoln but yours work too.

Also are these still a thing?
>>
>>153119394
Time travel has already been confirmed. See >>153119429

Bodies can't travel but memories can, but only the coordinate can do so. Time loop of some sort may also be real but we're not sure yet.

But everyone agrees Eren is objectively the worst person to be playing 9D chess with his father from before he was even born. Armin should eat him but we know that won't happen because then there'd be no reason for Eren to exist--which is to say, he exists solely to be a fuck up, a failure of a human being.
>>
File: QGdWV5F.png (2MB, 925x4100px) Image search: [Google]
QGdWV5F.png
2MB, 925x4100px
>>153119488
Yes.Here's the one from January's chapter. (the new chapter for this month, we're supposed to get spoilers for it today, ho boy)
>>
>>153118468
Nobody had blue hair.
>>
>>153118859
how about that boring generic boot camp shit
and the twists you can see from a mile off
>>
>>153118520
but it has a special snowflake MC, ancient bloodlines, a fujobait character, and a (not blood related) imouto that wants her brother's D
>>
>>153119629
>imouto
Mikasa's older than Eren by a month.
>>
>>153119629
Well, it still is anime after all. A show devoid of tropes would tank harder than flip floppers.
>>
File: 1483659008632.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1483659008632.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>season two a full 4 fucking years after season 1

probably wont even catch up to where the manga is right now until the end of season 3 in 2020
>>
>>153119629
>special snowflake
Actually, he's about as un-special as you can get. Even Armin has more importance than him. Which is only natural considering he's the fucking narrator and his dedushka knew things yet to be seen.
>>
>>153119559
4 years later and these are still funny
>>
>>153118520
The art is fairly pretty, but the animation is terrible. Half the time they don't bother to even move the characters naturally, it's like they took a complete animation cell of a person swinging with their gear and just slid it across the screen. So much time is spent with the characters lifelessly bobbing up and down slightly while they ride horses. This shit is nearly Clutch Cargo tier when they aren't actively fighting.
>>
>>153119730
They wanted 25 episodes again, with monthly manga waiting that much was necessary.
>>
>>153119807
/snk/ would say otherwise, but I think they're alright.
>>
>>153119858
It just seems like a shitty time investment.

I feel sorry for anyone who was really into this show as it aired, because it's 4 years later and we haven't found out much. The basement was underwhelming and we kinda already knew everything that ended up being in there.

I'll pick it back up when it's actually finished and just forget about it in the meantime. I'd suggest others do the same if they asked me.
>>
>>153118468
Same reason Jurassic Park is popular
>>
>>153119975
>we kinda knew everything that ended up being in there
No we didn't, are you fucking retarded? We had no idea that Grisha "My Wife's Son" Jaeger was a fucking dumbass to the level he was, or that the world outside was IN FUCKING AFRICA AND HAD 1920S TECHNOLOGY
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.