[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did Madoka lie to us? She said she had seen what Homura has done

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

File: 1486117091218.jpg (768KB, 743x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1486117091218.jpg
768KB, 743x1100px
Did Madoka lie to us? She said she had seen what Homura has done in the past, present, and future, yet she did not know Homura was going to usurp her.
>>
Even if she knew, she couldn't do anything about it anyway
>>
>>153110211
I have a few hypotheses. Either Homu did something that should not have happened, something that deviated from fate so much that it was completely unpredictable, or Madoka saw the final outcome of Homura's actions and thought they were okay, and let them happen.

I am not sure which it is.
>>
>>153110211
When did she say that?
>>
She was just trying to be nice to Homura in the hope of saving her from a fate of despair brought about by her own hopes and desires.

She failed.
>>
File: CHEEEEEEEEEEN.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
CHEEEEEEEEEEN.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>153110211
That what we call plothole and one of the many reason of why Rebellion is shit, friend
>>
>>153110399
either this or it's just a plot hole
>>
>>153110211
plothole, but handwaved on the basis Homura wiped her memories prior to that.
>>
File: 3gears2.gif (12KB, 481x457px) Image search: [Google]
3gears2.gif
12KB, 481x457px
>>153112673
those gears lmao
>>
Should've ended at the last episode, or rebellion shouldn't have been cannon. I still don't understand Rebellion.
>>
File: mami nagi.jpg (1MB, 2459x3500px) Image search: [Google]
mami nagi.jpg
1MB, 2459x3500px
>>153114559
It had cute loli, whats not to understand?
>>
>>153114531
it's a metaphor for the intelligent construction of rebellion's plot
>>
>>153114589
If Madoka recreated the universe, and at the ending of episode 12, and nobody knew who Madoka was, how is she in Rebellion? What happens in between episode 12 and Rebellion? Is it just a new timeline? What the Hell was Homura thinking and doing at the end of Rebellion?
>>
>>153114837
From what I understood, the Madoka in Rebellion is god Madoka, but she temporarily lost her powers/memories when she tried to do her job by purifying Homura's gem. QB's seal or whatever managed to trap her there.
But then I have no idea what Homura was trying to do at the end of Rebellion. What did she change about the "Law of Cycles"? I know that everything she did was due to her love for Madoka that ended up twisted after all she went through.
>>
>>153115989
>But then I have no idea what Homura was trying to do at the end of Rebellion.
Depending on your willingness to accept Wraith Arc, it's explained there that QB would stop against nothing to take control of Goddess Madoka. She was in danger and Homura knew this, but also wanted to give her a normal life because the Madoka without memories in Rebellion said she wouldn't want to leave her friends and family behind.

The problem here is that the Madoka that said that is the one that never had to go through the series' events and watch her friends die. The Madoka of the series' understood there was something only she could do and was willing to sacrifice her life for it.
>>
>>153116122
>The Madoka of the series' understood there was something only she could do and was willing to sacrifice her life for it.
And Homura even said that when she was hugging Madoka near the end (before shit starts hitting the fan).
>Depending on your willingness to accept Wraith Arc
Didn't read it yet, is it non-canon or something?
>>
>>153116441
Not that anon, but Wraith Arc is the official interquel between the the series and Rebellion. It shatters a lot of head canon, but it isn't well written. Basically, Rebellion is Homura did nothing wrong (she truly dedicated herself to protecting Madoka's world, Wraiths may actually be more dangerous than witches, leaving Homura behind was a horrific mistake on Madoka's part, and there are souls that Madoka can't save) and the only thing left is for Madoka to correct the problem created by the garden conversation in Rebellion.
>>
It's obviously setting up the sequel for when Madoka breaks free and convinces Homura to chill out. Madoka knew Homura would imprison her, but also knew that she would be freed anyway, and that the process was required for Homura to stop being yandere.
>>
>>153114837
Did you not fucking pay attention?

The Rebellion "world" is essentially Homu-Lily's labyrinth, since Homura was the one person in the new world who remembered Madoka, she was able to exist in that world.

After they busted out of the Incubator's seal, Madokami descended to claim Homura's soul that was irrevocably corrupted and that thus fulfill her contract from ep 12 that she would never let any other girl fall to witchdom. And them Homu decides to grab Madoka and tear her divine power off and absorb it to become Satan because she realized she didn't want Madoka to be apart from the rest of reality (read: apart from her) as she had to be as God
>>
>>153116786
>leaving Homura behind was a horrific mistake on Madoka's part
>the only thing left is for Madoka to correct the problem created by the garden conversation in Rebellion
?
>>
>>153116786
>Wraiths may actually be more dangerous than witches
This is wrong though. Wraiths are the dung beetles of Madoka's world. Everything in WA happened because they absorbed Homura's shield, which contained the highly corrosive last Witch-linked magic of the universe.
>>
>>153110211
Milking.
>>
>>153117127
Isn't it implied that Homura's actions were all for naught, Madoka is eventually going to get her memories and power back, and that she's going to oppose Homura when that happens?
>>
>>153119999
Every moment that Madoka experiences as a generally happy normal person is fulfilling Homura's wish.
>>
>>153112851
This.
Rebellion is otaku-pandering cashgrab shit.
>>
>>153110211
Madoka never claimed to have foresight. She is an eternal being, so she has always existed in the past, but that doesn't mean she can perceive the future before it happens.

>>153118314
According to Wraith Arc, wraiths don't kill humans, they just render them catatonic by stealing their emotions. When this happens to a magical girl, the Law of Cycles cannot save them, so they're stuck as a lobotomized vegetable indefinitely. So wraiths are by no means harmless. Not to mention while the basic wraiths are weak, the stronger forms exist even without Homura's influence.

>>153119999
Not necessarily. Homura simply implies that she'll oppose Madoka again. She'll just rob her of her memories and power again, as many times as it takes.
>>
You know, I really love the idea of the characters [Madoka] and [Kyousuke] getting together even if it's not exactly supported by the canon. I think that [Madoka] have a lot of chemistry with [Kyousuke] and despite their differences in personality and weak relationship in the story, they would be perfect for each other. Urobuchi should have paired up [Madoka] with [Kyousuke] instead of taking the boring safe route and picking the obvious option.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.