[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Eureka Seven

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

Can we please have a Eureka Seven thread? What do you guys think about the ending? Do you agree that Dewey did bad things but his heart was in the right place? Is Talho best girl? Is AO really that bad?
>>
>>153107428
Is this worth watching? I stopped on around episode 10 because of how fucking annoying the MC acted.
>>
Poor mans evangellion
>>
>>153107633
No. Becomes a convoluted mess in the second half
>>
>>153107428
I thought everything about the romance was great. Especially right before the midway point, when Eureka was feeling really love sick and that fantastic season finale. Everything after that felt like genuine, albeit slow progression of a romance/family life.

Disliked the hippie bullshit.
Disliked the massive lack of world building in that nothing is really explained.
Disliked the ending, it didn't make sense. It felt like everyone's efforts amounted to accomplishing jack shit.
Disliked how literally the power of love is the only thing that saved the day.
>>
shit got explained just like really badly everything makes sense if you think about what their saying yeah its pretty allover the place with the terms that mean the same thing but over all it dose makes sense and its a great show
>>
>>153107633
Yes. It's great fun. It goes a little bit weird in the second half, but is still great. You won't regret watching it.
>>
bump
>>
what about AO never got past ep 13 too much horse shit,worth finishing?
>>
>>153108063

>Disliked the hippie bullshit

So you didn't like the story then? It's basically a anti-war/protect the environment story.
>>
^
but with some akira shit mixed in
>>
>>153108393
I'm ok with anti-war. I get it

It's been a while since I've watched it but...
But once Renton realized the *gasp* people pilot mechs like he does, thus he's kill people, he flips out. Once he comes back to the Gekko, he specifically non-lethally stops hundreds of mechs with little consequence. I just thought that was really weak.
>>
yeah its pretty flacid and done before but hey they gotta get those mecha tropes in somwere
>>
>>153108589

What was the weak part? That he could stop them non-lethally after his return or that he didn't do it before?

To me it seemed like he at first wanted to be like his hero, Holland, the awesome lifter. So he did what he did. The problem was that while Holland was a soldier, Renton was not. So to him it seemed more like a game where he didn't have to think of the consequences.

Later on in the series Renton stops worshipping Holland as much and tries to find his own path, rejecting Holland's way of doing things.It might be that Holland and the rest of Gekko did what they did because they thought they had to or it was the only choice. If all you have is a hammer then every problem will be a nail.

Holland would have kept Eureka killing for their cause, Renton gave her an alternative.
>>
^ yeah i mean it could have been alot dumber and cheesier but evan so its still kinda of a tired trope in mecha at this point
>>
>>153107428
Renton and Eruka are the weakest parts of it.

Would have loved a series about Gecko state trying to stop the evil overlords of the world from using a brainwashed coral child to wipe out humanity.
>>
>>153109072

Yeah I can see how that could be a factor. I haven't seen much mecha so I suppose I wouldn't be able to identify a common trope.

>>153109166
>True love
>The weakest part

For shame, anon.
>>
>>153109191
Dominic as a hotshot pilot, maybe younger brother to Holland to add sibling rivalry into the mix.
Anemone as the brainwashed and constantly falling apart coral child that's introduced later.

Cue the Romeo and Juliet battles.
>>
>>153109385

I liked that Dominic and Anemone were used fairly seldom, especially the Anemone fights. It felt like she could kill anyone at any given time and that reflected in her psyche. If she was used more it probably wouldn't seem so impactful and her deteriation wouldn't seem so severe.
>>
i liked the movie

it was like ao but not shit
>>
>>153107428
Dewy was right.
>>
>>153109625
After they upgraded Nirvash, TheEnd never stood a chance against it anymore.
>>
>>153109625
What made her work isn't that she was used seldomly or was over powered compared to the heroes.
>>
>>153107633
The MC is painful to watch for the first 25 episodes. Then he's toned down a lot, and only occasionally bad. So yeah, still 15 episodes to go before it improves.
After that, it's okay. It has some nice moments, the romance is pretty good and nice ending, but it's not something that truly stands out among other anime in quality. The concepts are interesting though. It's worth finishing, kinda. But if you only care about how good it is to watch, and not much for the ideas or to understand what the anime community is talking about, you may skip it. Because as entertainment, it's just okay.
>>
It's great if you like slower paced stuff. Slow character and world-building, with a lot of surfer and new age philosophy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSGWsmR4ipM
>>
I watched AO first and liked it more than this turtle paced mess.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.