[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: akira.png (812KB, 643x907px) Image search: [Google]
akira.png
812KB, 643x907px
Thoughts?
>>
>>153089211
amazing animation that still holds up even today if not better then some modern era material. But from a story stand point its terrible
>>
TETSUUUUOOOOOOOO
>>
>>153089211
I have a huge hard-on for dual protagonists who go through conflicts on the same and opposite sides.

So yeah, enjoyed it. The ending was also pretty calm and satisfying.
>>
>>153089211
Good visuals and design but no substance. It's exactly what film students and professors think of when they think of anime, for all the obvious reasons.
>>
File: 1470806848061.jpg (29KB, 600x456px) Image search: [Google]
1470806848061.jpg
29KB, 600x456px
>>153089211
Wanted to read the manga, but it's L -> R
>>
Some of the most quality animation i've ever seen.
Also one of the most rewatchable animovies ever.
>>
i dont like canada
>>
It was pretty weird.
>>
>>153089211
Pretty much perfect all around.
>>
>>153089211
Really good. A shame that is hipster's first movie nowdays and material for pseudo-intelectual discussion. Fucking normalfags.
>>
>>153089211
Pretty cool. No deeper thematic content than that.
>>
File: 1420333146552.gif (211KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
1420333146552.gif
211KB, 480x320px
>>
it's stylish and that's all that matters desu
>>
To me Akira was like Redline. Beautifully animated throughout but only the beginning was actually interesting, they both suffer from boring characters and an ok plot
>>
>>153089211
I like the manga better.
>>
>>153089211
Pretty great until they stopped following the manga and tried to rush the last third.
>>
>>153091532
Why is that a shame? Do you really think Akira is undeserving of that recognition?
>>
File: akira ending.jpg (692KB, 1410x1069px) Image search: [Google]
akira ending.jpg
692KB, 1410x1069px
>>153092568
it's not like the manga is really any better. Mainly it just repeats the big visual elements
>tetsuo turns into a fetus monster twice
>orbital cannon all the time
>multiple scenes of the city being destroyed by a giant spherical explosion
>endless run-n-gun

They're both full of excellent action and visuals, but the manga doesn't take advantage of the extra runtime to really do anything more with the plot. The ending is even practically the same, except the manga tacks on a bit where Kaneda has learned 0 lessons, and everybody else has regressed to be along with him.
>>
>>153089211
I went to one of the best film schools in the United States and Akira was the only anime they listed as a required film to watch.
>>
>>153092728
The movie dropped all the substance for mere superficial similarities. The last third of the movie sucks.
>>
>>153092848
there's no "substance" in the manga either, is my point.
>>
>>153089211
Manga is amazing
>>
Good but overrated. Manga is infinitely better.
>>
ok movie, great animation
In recent years it got to the point of being like "modern art" though, tons of people talking about how it's a masterpiece while not understanding what the fuck they're actually watching.

not a bad movie, yet vastly overrated.
>>
>>153094221
That's dumb
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.